TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Eddy Guerrero passes away

What happens if Vince dies, is Triple H going to come out to Stephanie and say your father is in hell

Yes, you know Shane and Co would pimp Vince's memory for all it was worth.

The shameful thing about using Eddie's death in a storyline is the fact that Eddie did not handle his finances well. He left Vickie in the position she was in: to make money from Eddie's death.

A lot of the reactions in this thread are like how I'll react when Vin Scully dies, so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

You'll think it's a work and then hope he doesn't bring back DX?

I can't believe that anyone would think this was a joke when it was originally reported.

Sadly, with Vince running the show while clearly not stable, it's not out of the realm of possibility

Guest Princess Leena

Which is true.

I honestly wouldn't put anything past Vince, nowadays.

Which is true.

I honestly wouldn't put anything past Vince, nowadays.

This is where WCW manages to get one over on Vince in that department because they actually gave thought to running such an angle where they'd fake a wrestler's death. Then Owen Hart died and they rather wisely shelved the idea.

That sucks. Hopefully the WWE doesn't exploit his death on television. Or bring back DX.

Ugh.

Yeah, I started changing my original response to something stupid each time this thread got bumped after a few months just to see if anyone would notice. It is pretty lame, so I'll stop. FWIW, my first comment was something like "Fuck no. Oh, fuck that totally sucks. Fuck. RIP Eddie". I don't think anybody on this board thought Eddie's death was a work by the WWE, although I really wanted to believe it was just a major fuck-up by WWE.com staff considering there were a few errors on the page (then I saw it on other sites). I think something like that happened with Sharon Osborne once, so it's not entirely out of the question.

---

Am I the only one who's not watched an episode of SmackDown (from what I remember) since the episode where Orton told Rey that Eddie was in Hell? Not because I was majorly offended, but because that was a stupid basis for a ME storyline plus everything had royally sucked on SmackDown for the past few weeks so that acted as the tip of the iceberg.

That sucks. Hopefully the WWE doesn't exploit his death on television. Or bring back DX.

Ugh.

Yeah, I started changing my original response to something stupid each time this thread got bumped after a few months just to see if anyone would notice. It is pretty lame, so I'll stop. FWIW, my first comment was something like "Fuck no. Oh, fuck that totally sucks. Fuck. RIP Eddie". I don't think anybody on this board thought Eddie's death was a work by the WWE, although I really wanted to believe it was just a major fuck-up by WWE.com staff considering there were a few errors on the page (then I saw it on other sites). I think something like that happened with Sharon Osborne once, so it's not entirely out of the question.

---

Am I the only one who's not watched an episode of SmackDown (from what I remember) since the episode where Orton told Rey that Eddie was in Hell? Not because I was majorly offended, but because that was a stupid basis for a ME storyline plus everything had royally sucked on SmackDown for the past few weeks so that acted as the tip of the iceberg.

Somebody started a thread about it.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

this is a "memoriam thread"? the first post has a link, and an angry face smilie. thats it. or by "memoriam thread", do you mean the thread that people keep bumping every few months, only to die again after a few posts.

What he really means is go away.

It blows my mind that people can still support WWE product and programming, especially after the shit they've pulled in the wake of Eddie's death. This isn't the MMA fan in me talking, this is the former pro-wrestling fan. I don't think I've watched a full hour of WWE programming in the last 365 days and I feel much better for it.

I do miss coming around these parts and feeling my IQ jump a few points, though.

I don't like it, but I think the stuff at this point is mostly to give Vickie a check and it's just poor writing