TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaderock

Lucha Libre Galvision TV Time Slots?

Ron "the Truth" Killings is this weeks TNA guy in AAA and all of his trademark moves looked good in contrast of the comedy match against La Parka, Octogon, Gronga, Zorro. And it looks like there is no way to escape from the See No Evil commercials no matter what!

When did Cibernedica (sp?) loose his mask? He did wrestle with a mask didn't he?

Holy shit the The Headhunters are in AAA!

and I want to see a Ron Killings, La Parka dance!

When did Cibernedica (sp?) loose his mask? He did wrestle with a mask didn't he?

In classic AAA style there are now 2 luchadors using the name Cibernetico in AAA cause if its over you got to run the gimmick into the ground by having them feud forever and have a backup just in case the original decides to leave for a bigger paycheck. The original Main Man lost his mask to La Parka then Muerta Ciberneta came to get revenge on La Parka but lost his mask too. The original has a chain link tatoo on his back and wears one contact len in his right eye and makes appearances on mexican television variety daytime talk shows just like every other popular rudo from AAA. And to further show that Antonio Pena was a huge Sting mark both Ciberneticos use "Seek and Destroy" as theme music.

To my horror I saw Kenzo Suzuki work a tag match on the FSN-Espanol channel the other night and what can I say other than he looks like total complete crap. He is completely out of shape now whether this is due to withdrawal from not being on certain supplements or changing training methods but whatever he looked soft with what looks to be man-boobs worst than Ric Flair. Kenzo looked to be so slow running the ropes that I think Rayo de Jalisco or Universo 2000 are faster than him. Mark Jindrak was not in the match because he had his head bashed in the other night from a chair shot that drew blood.

The main event was for the middle weight championship belt between Alex Koslov against the champion Averno. What stood out to me was the submission move Alex Koslov used that looked like a kimura crossface too bad he didn't win with the move. It's one of my favorite lucha submissions up there with Charly Manson's figure 4 heel hook, Mistico's armbar, Atlantis's torture rack, and all of Hijo de Santo's submissions.

Guest samoapunk

Does any of this come on DirectTV? I scan through the Spanish stations from time to time but never see any wrestling.

Guest samoapunk
Do you have Galavision, Telemundo, Mundo2, Fox Sports Net-Espanol, Azteca America?

I checked my channel listings and I have the following of those:

Galavision

Telemundo (an East and a West)

Mundo 2

and I have a Fox Sports World Espanol

Is there a certain time each week lucha libre comes on these or is it completely at random?

Guest samoapunk
Set your Tivo to record everything on Sundays the times change depending on mexican league football games.

Thanks a ton for the help! How is it listed in the guide? AAA or CMLL?

Cibernetico has been stale since 1999. Just wait for the Cibernetico vs Muerte Cibernetico Coffin match that is coming next year.

Hopefully this time the PPV it won't end with the promoter interrupting the match to take a joy ride on his motorcycle. How can AAA be stale all it does is have the same match every week? I can only hope the extreme lucha trend works this time nothing says entertainment like Head Hunters doing moonsaults off the top rope onto a makeshift table made of chairs, plywood, and light tubes.

Guest samoapunk
"lucha libre"

Thanks for all of your help! Hopefully, I'll catch some lucha libre this Sunday!

Guest samoapunk

There are 2 coming on tomorrow on Galavision (direct tv channel 404).

2 AM-5 AM Lucha Libre

12 PM-3 PM Lucha de Vuelta

any idea what promotions these are

Repeat of what was on this afternoon have fun watching AAA, Vipers vs Mexico's Best 439889343 times and the weekly Konan tag match with random TNA guy.

Get use to it because AAA has no direction whatsoever. Pena's death put that promotion into a talespin and Konnan is booking.

Get use to it because AAA has no direction whatsoever. Pena's death put that promotion into a talespin and Konnan is booking.

Which will only make it funner to watch.

Guest samoapunk

I watched the AAA show this morning and I have a couple of questions about it (since I don't know a lot of Spanish).

1) When are these taped?

2) What would be the best way for me to figure out the names of the wrestlers? I knew a few of them already, and a few more they flashed their names on the screen, but a lot of them I have no idea!

3) Can I expect this same sort of thing on the 12 pm Lucha de Vuelta? (I'm also assuming it's CMLL, correct?)

Overall, I enjoyed watching the AAA show. It seemed pretty chaotic, but I'm guessing once I learn the names and faces/masks, it won't seem as hectic.

Thanks!

1) taped months or weeks ago

2) they show the names at the beginning good luck at remembering them besides it isn't that hard since nearly every one is in a stable its almost WWF 97 gang wars!

3) Televisa is cheap bastards....FSN-espanol has CMLL Sundays at 8 PM

4) Extreme Lucha!!!!!!!!!!!!! with Konnan in charge get ready for some death match crazy shit Mexican style like plywood being used as tables and more dog collar matches and highspots onto tables. Did AAA have any direction to begin with? Outside of the cliche appearance of Antonio Pena getting involved in every big match at Triple Mania or Rey de Reyes or super cards in general what exactly did AAA do other than try to be WWF Latino and the nWo wannabe group in LLL?

Guest samoapunk

I found out some info on the show, but one of these tag matches was not aired. I'm not sure which one as there was one match where they didn't flash their names on the screen.

The 12/16 AAA airing and 12/17 repeat was taped on November 13, 2006. Here's the card. I'm pretty sure it was the first match listed here that did not air (if you know, plmk).

Aero Star & Marco Rivera VS Black Fenix & Toxico

Mini Charly Manson, Polvo de Estrellas, Rossy Moreno & Gran Apache VS Mascarita Divino, Pimpinela Escarlata, Fabi Apache & Billy Boy

Chessman, Cuervo, Espiritu & Ozz VS Crazy Boy, Joe Lider, Juventud Guerrera & Psicosis

El Elegido & Intocable VS Alan Stone & Zumbido

El Angel & Laredo Kid VS Antifaz & Histeria

Scorpio Jr, VS Super Porky

Elix Skipper, Head Hunter I & Konnan VS Gronda, Octagon & La Parka

The Cibernetico/Muerte casket match was a way to get Banderas out of Mexico for awhile so he could work IWA in Puerto Rico. I'd like to see him in TNA with LAX but I don't know if that MTV promotion would allow it.

As for Cibernetico, it's interesting seeing someone call him stale. He's actually so hot that the original plan was for the Hell Brothers to be rudos, but he and Chessman were so over they had to scrap that and make them tecnicos. In '07 they'll likely be joining up with the Octagon/La Parka side to feud with TNA invaders.

I miss CMLL. When it aired on Galavision used to be one of the highlights of the week for me. Easily one of the best promotions in the world right now.

AAA is like...nothing compared to CMLL. In direction, and in workrate.

I was worried when I heard that Black Warrior lost his mask but you know what his new look actually works well with attitude. Nothing like hair dye and contact lens to get a rudo over the top.

CMLL is stuck in a rut. The top-to-bottom wrestling is better than AAA's but the scene is stagnant. The luchadores who are over have basically been in the same spot since 2005 (Wagner, Mistico, Los Perros) and the new stuff CMLL has tried has bombed. There's Elektro who got shitcanned, Bronco who got REALLY shitcanned, and even Rey Bucanero's tecnico turn didn't pan out because he's just not the same without Ultimo.