TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaderock

Lucha Libre Galvision TV Time Slots?

I saw Mistico vs Hijo De Perro Aguayo on April 13 being hyped up on one of the mid-day variety talk shows what is so special about this Arena Mexico show?

Read a rumor that this could be a hair vs. mask match, although that would be surprising since Mistico just put his mask on the line against Skayde. Speaking of which, Mistico's push makes Cena's look like midcard fare.

That's because Mistico never loses. It won't last forever.

How many mask/hair matches has Mistico won?

The ones I can think of off the top of my head are: Skayde, Diablo Jr., Sepulaterero, and obviously Black Warrior. Don't know if there's more, but nonetheless four in less than two years is a damn lot.

Speaking of the greatness of Mistico have you seen the music video that had him fight Heavy Metal where he ends up with the girl at the end? They played it alot on MTV Tr3s the past few weeks. Not sure who the artist is but its better than the usual Shakira sexy pop music fare.

Oh shit Scott Steiner at the Rey de Reyes super show and everybody is going through plywood like crazy! Steiner vs HB is a great trainwreck! Charly Manson not wanting to run the ropes for Steiner, Ciber not wanting to sell a DDT, japanese guy Susuki (?) doing the stupid top rope spot where the opponet puts his feet up, Konnan using his crutch at the finish and Ricky Banderas looking more jacked up than Steiner with all of the tats and veins popping out.

The four corner tag match started out great with Zumbido/Stone, Pegasso/Super Fly, but once it got down to Cuervo and Espiritu vs. The Mexican Powers it became unwatchable. Man oh man are Crazy Boy and Joe Lider fucking sloppy. Everything they do looks like shit. I did however love Crazy Boy sandbagging the powerbomb into the table and getting dropped on his head.

I come to the conclusion that head bumps and lucha does not mix especially if it is in a Mexican Powers match. What was the deal with Joe Lieber/Cuervo doing that fullnelson into powerbomb spot if the guy is going to kickout at two and be jumping around a few minutes later only to win with a powerbomb onto a chair spot himself! I guess the only move that is sold to death in lucha libre is the EL FOUL! kick in the balls spot.

I come to the conclusion that head bumps and lucha does not mix especially if it is in a Mexican Powers match. What was the deal with Joe Lieber/Cuervo doing that fullnelson into powerbomb spot if the guy is going to kickout at two and be jumping around a few minutes later only to win with a powerbomb onto a chair spot himself! I guess the only move that is sold to death in lucha libre is the EL FOUL! kick in the balls spot.

Yeah, I'm wondering, why replay a spot six times that a guy kicked out of? Oh well. The ball kick is sold almost as well as Apache's senton.

Speaking of which, anyone on this site that was creaming their shorts over the booking of the paint-by-numbers Cena/Michaels feud should really really REALLY watch this Apache/Faby/Sexy Star/Billy Boy stuff. Now THAT'S a fucking feud. Everything little thing in that feud is done well, right down to Apache throwing Faby off the ropes onto Billy for the pin.

Rewatched the Apache/Billy and Ricky Banderas, Kenzo Susuki, Scott Steiner vs Hells Brothers matches and have mixed feelings about it. Now the only good thing Kenzo did was have a sweet theme song he still looks like shit in the ring no matter who he works for not only did not sell the lame foot to the face top rope move wrong but when Chessman went for the Spear to the outside onto the "table" Kenzo missed it by a clear foot so Charly Manson had to do a suicidal tope to break the wood. Not sure what to think of the deal with Cibernetico hurting his arm and leaving to get it "treated by doctors" only to return to lariat Banderas with the injuried arm. The whole finishing spot was laughable it was Steiner vs Ciber at the end they run into each other in a clinch like spot with one guy thinking suplex and the other thinking DDT so what do they do they mutually fall down then they cover it up with attacking Steiner with Konnan's crutch to get the pin. Apache seemly did everything a rudo should do like "accidentally" attack Faby on numerous times and convince her that he is on her side.

The Galavision mid-day variety show La Hora de la Papa is featuring the Mistico vs Hijo de Perro Aguayo feud. On April 13 they featured the match from Arena Mexico and today they are showing clips of Peros de Mal and Mistico fighting in their studio. One clip that they replayed a million times was when Damian 666 confronted Mistico which lead up to them brawling and Mistico doing a hurricana off the sofa!

OLAY!

You guys hear about the big La Parka Jr. injury? Apparently he had a bad car wreck and is out for a while. Tonight is the big 6 man cage match with all the big AAA stars. I wonder who's replacing Parka?

TORYUMON GYM (SUN) 05/13 Arena Mexico

1) Bryan Lee & Toshiya Matsuzaki vs Arkangel de la Muerte & Daisuke Hanaoka

2) Hiroka & Mima Shimoda vs India Sioux & Marcela

3) Dr. Karonte Sr. & Negro Navarro vs Amigo Suzuki & Hijo del Fantasma and Bino Gambino & Joe Potter

4) Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Platino, Passion Hasegawa vs Casanova Italiano, Hiromi Horiguchi, Okumura

5) Hajime Ohara vs La Mascara [NWA WELTER]

6) Hirooki Goto & Jushin Lyger vs Dr. Wagner Jr. & Negro Casas

7) Kazuchika Okada, Mil Mascaras, Mistico, Ultimo Dragon vs Minoru Suzuki, SUWA, Ultimo Guerrero, Yoshihiro Takayma

The heel team in that main event is outstanding. This show has to be taped somehow.

Why is Extreme Tiger still employed by AAA the man is a danger to himself and the people he works with today I saw a match where he attempted a flux compositor move onto a "mexican style table" i.e. plywood on some chairs outside the ring where he basically landed on his head.

Because He, Joe Lider and Crazy Boy are friends with Konnan. He thinks they are the future of AAA.

Its one thing to think the style can work its another finding the right people to pull it off without looking bad on tv. I'm sure you can find numerous Youtube clips of Extreme Tiger's botches! I don't he is right for this style of wrestling and for the love of god he should never do moves from the top rope or any type of plancha, tope, or anything to the outside! Its one thing to do a big hardcore spot but do they really need to do 8 of them in a row and botch half of them in the process?

On the bright spot Gran Apache's training video was sweet.

I agree. But it's over with the young kids in the crowd. Of course they will try it at home and people will blame AAA but whatever.

You know I'd check this out but Galavision is on a premium tier on my digital cable and I'd probably have to get 15 other Spanish stations for 20 bucks that I'd never watch.

I thought Univision and Galavision were standard everywhere maybe you should be a pirate.

The only Spanish station I have with my digital cable is Telemundo......the others are all in the premium tiers that when I turn to them they say...."If you want this station order now" and it has the number.

Time Warner in Kansas City..........I guess they don't like the Spanish population. Hell I'm not Spanish nor do I speak Spanish but I'd still check out AAA.

Ha, what a problem you got there I bet SBC ATT&T or whatever corporate name it is going by now can give you a better deal. Well Mr. Travis Tritt I'm sure you can get a "discount" if you ask the right people...

Ha, what a problem you got there I bet SBC ATT&T or whatever corporate name it is going by now can give you a better deal. Well Mr. Travis Tritt I'm sure you can get a "discount" if you ask the right people...

One of my friends has Direct TV so I called him and he has it so I think I'll just have him DVR it and go over there sometime and see it each week.

I get it, and I don't even bother to watch it half the time. And I watch ECW every week. The matches seem more phony and cookie-cutter than even your average Impact affair, plus not speaking Spanish = not knowing the angles = caring much less. I like that AAA imports various different people from Japan (well, don't like Kenzo Suzuki, but generally speaking), but I still wish my cable carried CMLL instead, cuz I've heard they're now by far the better company.