TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

TSM Poster Tournament 2007

Guest Eagle Man
Czech does seem to be getting a bit wound up by the Pit influx.

I just think it's a little silly for you to dredge up inactive posters so they can vote for you, or whine that you don't get to invent the brackets this year, or start new threads for pandering to people. But yeah, keep painting me as a basket case.

Slayer has really been cracking me up with his *post*s lately.

*straightens tie* in the picture thread was nearly as funny as Leena & Chave's herculean efforts in this thread. Not quite, though.

I wonder how Robert Barron would have responded in this situation

He's like Horatio Alger to your Raoul Duke.

Guest Eagle Man

Leena, when is selection day for your tournament? I just want to know where I stand.

I won't get kicked out. My parents NEED me to take care of my partially retarded cousins. They'd never kick me out.

Czech does seem to be getting a bit wound up by the Pit influx.

I just think it's a little silly for you to dredge up inactive posters so they can vote for you, or whine that you don't get to invent the brackets this year, or start new threads for pandering to people. But yeah, keep painting me as a basket case.

It's not people who are inactive so much as friends doing me a favour. I didn't whine about the brackets so much as disagree with the arguement that a new system was better than an old one and I like starting threads.

From the looks of this thread, you're sticking up for your e-buddies in the same way mine stuck up for me. I'm sure you're as different outside this folder as I am outside mine (only with more schemes and bitching about Boardum of sourse). I'm sure you realise the hypocrisy, so it's all gravy.

The only complaint I have against Czech is that he seems to be quite immature (I dunno if he's young or older and a bit stifled) but he seems to have that youthful antagonism a bit. He also spends a lot of time on TSM, so I'm guessing he's a student or unemployed or something amd doesn't have much of a social life.

Slayer has really been cracking me up with his *post*s lately.

*straightens tie* in the picture thread was nearly as funny as Leena & Chave's herculean efforts in this thread. Not quite, though.

Ah, lets not start this up again honey.

I don't think anybody here would make the mistake of calling Leena an adult.

It's one of her long-nurtured gimmicks. You know, the whole 'kids' thing.

BTW, another thing I've noticed about Czech is that instead of responding to people criticizing him, he just ignores it and rejoins the conversation half a page later with a weak diss.

Czech also didn't answer me about why he never voted for me in the second round. I mean, I'm glad he didn't because I'm no longer a part of this shitfest but I still don't understand the Wyclef reference.

I'm guessing he's a student

Sylvan Learning Center

Catch Up, Keep Up and Get Ahead. Don't Wait - Contact Sylvan Today!

jsyk voted against me, huh?

I figured you wouldn't really want to win a lame poster tournament. Chave seems to have his heart set on it for some reason. After all, this is the worst thread I've ever read.

Elite Snobs/Boardum/Pit bracket:

#1 Incandenza vs. #12 chave: Messageboard-centric YouTube clips. Whatdafuck.

#14 Black Lushus vs. #2 Agent of Oblivion: Tough. Okay, not really. Agent's the man.

TSM Vets/Shit Folders bracket:

#8 bob_barron vs. #5 CWM: Okay, legitimately tough. Coin flip.

#3 Czech vs. #15 Special K: Czech's my boy, but these pissfits are annoying.

Sports Folder bracket:

#1 alkeiper vs. #4 Ripper: Sports Folder patriarch and cool guy > Cool guy who has beef with reeferfreaks.

#3 Kingofthe909 vs. #7 Vitamin X: Yep.

The Awesomely Mediocre and/or Unknown bracket:

#9 DrVenkman vs. #12 AndrewTS: I think Doc V. voted against me at some earlier point.

#3 CanadianChris vs. #2 gary floyd: No Lovecraft, that Spongebob video is awful.

The final four is where the sensible side of the TSM community unites to ensure a TRUE leader wins this tournament.

I'd just like to point out that I'm on my way to the Elite 8, after not even making this tournament last year!

Elite Snobs/Boardum/Pit bracket:

#1 Incandenza vs. #12 chave

#14 Black Lushus vs. #2 Agent of Oblivion

TSM Vets/Shit Folders bracket:

#8 bob_barron vs. #5 CWM

#3 Czech vs. #15 Special K

Sports Folder bracket:

#1 alkeiper vs. #4 Ripper

#3 Kingofthe909 vs. #7 Vitamin X

The Awesomely Mediocre and/or Unknown bracket:

#9 DrVenkman vs. #12 AndrewTS

#3 CanadianChris vs. #2 gary floyd

Guest Vitamin X

There was also a highly amusing clip of chave singing Pink's Get The Party Started on there. I laughed.

Also, a few notes/comments on this whole thing, which I'll also edit into the first post.

Where is the line drawn on abstained votes, though. tigeraid abstains on the sports votes but I believe his should still count, but someone saying "I'm voting for 1-3 people and no one else" should not count.

I agree wholeheartedly, and this is what I've been doing all along.

The reasoning for this is simple. When I have votes coming in that are just for a couple posters and that's it (and I've been applying this to past rounds, by the way, I'm just clarifying it now) that throws off the whole vote count. I have a sheet here (on paper!) that I'm tallying each and every single ballot and then putting in how many ballots total have been cast. When I get a couple posters here and there that might abstain on a couple votes, that's fine. Understandable. But when I see multiple match-ups that have varying amounts of votes in proportion to ballots cast, that makes me freak for a second and think I didn't count someone, or that I accidentally gave an extra vote to someone or a couple people. This hasn't happened because the number of abstained votes has been low, and the ones that abstain too much I just disenfranchise.

Another thing: I don't know who this Jason fucker is, but I see he's only just joined here a month ago, and has only posted 8 times since, then made a point of it to cast a ballot with only three people (all Pit pigs) to say he was supporting his peeps. Let's put the shoe on the other foot here, people. If we had a sudden influx of posters who had just joined a month ago or more recent all putting in votes against Clique Bers and/or for danny maffers, wouldn't you call it suspicious and kind of messed up as well? And although niskie and LiM haven't been active in a long time, I knew what they came here for, and I counted their ballots because I'm just trying to be fair here. It would be hypocritical since Hoff and dutch voted last round as well.

ALSO, one more important thing. This is regarding ties, since we almost had a couple last round. The tie-breaker is going to be whoever has the most cumulative points up to this round. I don't think we'll still see any ties after that, and if we do, it'll be based off of "strength of victories" (their margin of victories in previous rounds added up together, and then if it's still tied, the amount of cumulative votes their opponents had). I don't foresee having to go that far, but just in case, so that everyone knows.