TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Zero Punctuation Reviews

Painkiller is one of those games I've heard a lot of people say is good, but I have just never bothered to give it a try. Since I just finished Assassin's Creed and I don't currently have a single player PC game to kill time with, I may just give old Painkiller a shot.

And seeing how old it is now (by game standards), you should be able to pick it up cheeply.

If I had a PC that worked (the one I use can barely run a Internet window AND Word at the same time), I'd give it a go.

It seems that there's a console release for Painkiller, however, except for the Xbox version all the rest (PSP, PS2) only came out in Australia while the US versions were cancelled. It also isn't on the BC list got 360.

I'm not sure if my computer can play it, but the requirements look modest.

From Gamefaqs:

System Requirements: RAM: 384MB; DirectX 8.1b or better compatible

System Recommendations: DirectX 9 card, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or better

Ok, so I did play PainKiller the other day, and I found I was bored as hell with it after about 30 minutes. I can see it being a fun multiplayer game, but the single player campaign sucks.

Oblivion

I've again never played the game. I've watched people play it and no matter how much they tell me it's great, it looks boring as hell.

Come on now. Haze was a much hyped game because of its developer and because of the Playstation 3 looking for its killer ap. then it sucked

It does look pretty shit. And to make matters worse, it looks like every other FPS you can buy on 360 nad PS3.

Come on now. Haze was a much hyped game because of its developer and because of the Playstation 3 looking for its killer ap. then it sucked

Mainly it was fanboys not just looking for, but desperate for, a Playstation 3 killer app. Then it appeared to suck long before it came out. Then it was pushed back to right before MGS4, and then nobody cared.

I hope it bombed. Maybe PS3 isn't a system for hardcore gamers, you know?

Free Radical Design being behind the game caused alot of hype too. I mean it was supposed to be TIMESPLITTERS IN NEXT GEN!!! OMFG!!!

And it turn to, "What the fuck is this?"

Check out his Orange Box review for positive.

Really though he strikes me as someone who likes playing and reviewing games, he just realizes that the laughs are more prevalent when he's skewering a game for something.

He gave plenty of games good reviews. he just points out the fucked up parts. he liked bioshock, call of Duty 4, Orange Box, Painkiller and others. he also didn't give really bad reviews to a game like Haze which was skewered everywhere else.

And I think you can tell from his reviews that he likes a good story (he's forever praising the Silent Hill series) and seen as though most games skip over story so you blow something up with a big gun he tends not to like them.

Or in the case of MGS4, the story is just bollocks.

He will get twice as much shit for it.

Oh man. An MGS4 mailbag would be all kinds of hilarious.

And I think you can tell from his reviews that he likes a good story (he's forever praising the Silent Hill series) and seen as though most games skip over story so you blow something up with a big gun he tends not to like them.

Or in the case of MGS4, the story is just bollocks.

He doesn't seem to mind shitty story with "lets blow shit up" if the blow shit up part is fun. Once again, I point to his review of Painkiller which has a awful story but he loved it.

Webcomics

Seen as though I hate webcomics, this video really appealled to me. I don't get what all the fuss is about with regards to Penny Arcade.

Webcomics

Seen as though I hate webcomics, this video really appealled to me. I don't get what all the fuss is about with regards to Penny Arcade.

Jesus, he really doesn't like Ctrl+Alt+Del does he? I agree with him that the miscarriage story line is not funny but other then that, I really don't mind it.

The only major webcomic that I know of that seemed to escape that fireball was 8-Bit Theater, and I guess that could be included in the sprite rants.

He seems to despise ctrl-alt-delete though. All that was aimed at them in some way.

The only good webcomics I have found are Achewood and Dinosaur Comics, both of which have nothing to do with video games. So yeah, in my experience gaming webcomics are indeed pretty damn terrible. Especially Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I'd never heard of CtrlAltDel until you guys mentioned it so I checked some of it out.

My what a load of toss.

Too wordy and no humour. What's the point?

I don't get all the hate on CDA.

Yeah, some of it is hit and miss but most of the time its a pretty good read. The hi-jinks have dialed down a tad but.. *shrug* ..still a nice comic.