TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Post good/helpful FireFox extensions

Topic says it all. I don't feel like wading through the sea of extensions to pick out the winners.

Two I recommend that are both Gmail oriented:

Better Gmail 2.0: Adds functionality to Gmail, includes customizable skins, shows what attachment is instead of just the paper clip.

Remember the Milk: Task-bar that pops up on the side of Gmail that you can add tasks to do... really helpful for me. Serves the purpose of sticky notes but since it's in something I check 100 times a day anyway I don't forget anything.

Any other useful ones you have to recommend?

Tab Mix Plus - Lots of tabbed browsing features, including undoing closed tabs, opening links in new tabs, opening web pages in the background, locking tabs, and a session saver. (Does not work with 3.0.1 -- Firefox keeps telling me to upgrade, but warns me that I'll lose TMP, so I always refuse.)

I love Firefox, but for whatever reason, it just eats away almost all of my computer's memory. I've got a gig of RAM and yet, it's not uncommon for my computer to come to an almost standstill with two tabs open and very few other programs running. I check Task Manager and it's always Firefox that's taking up to as much as 95 percent of my CPU. What the hell?

Guest Vitamin X

Have you upgraded to Firefox 3 yet, Chong? A lot of memory leaks and the like have been fixed with the new version.

Also, for those who are interested, Orca Browser is pretty much Firefox on steroids, ridiculously fast, very customizable. Only drawbacks are that extensions doesn't support Firefox 3 add-ons yet, and it's Windows only. Avant is the IE equivalent.

Have you upgraded to Firefox 3 yet, Chong? A lot of memory leaks and the like have been fixed with the new version.

Also, for those who are interested, Orca Browser is pretty much Firefox on steroids, ridiculously fast, very customizable. Only drawbacks are that extensions doesn't support Firefox 3 add-ons yet, and it's Windows only. Avant is the IE equivalent.

Marvelous so far. Thanks, VX. I was slowly going insane waiting at least 30 seconds for most pages to fully load.