TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Caylee Anthony Case

Is anyone following this day to day madness lately? It's getting really fucking ridiculous now.....just reported tonight is that the mother actually purchased chloroform off the internet (apparently verified when the feds seized her laptop) and traces of it are found in her vehicle (besides the DNA evidence showing the 3 year old is already dead to begin with). I still can't get over all of this, it's a tragedy, yet being played out like watching a huge car crash in slow motion. It just never ends.

Then there is the handful of fucked up people in the middle of all of this......the old man who is down there searching for the child, the publicity hound bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, the grandmother of Caylee (total whackjob who is in denial), Casey's fucktard lawyer, etc.

Nancy Grace has been covering this case on her show for almost two months straight now, I can't fucking stand her normally, but this type of story fits her insanity well.

I think the grandparents are partly to blame for this. The mother wanted to give the girl up for adoption when she was born, but they wouldn't let her. They should have just let her do what she wanted. She obviously wasn't cut out to be a mother.

I've having my doubts she is cut out to be a human being at this point. She acts like she doesn't give a damn 100%, it's depressing. Grandparents aren't to blame, she STILL could have given the child up but she decides to kill her and pull this "IT WAS THE BABYSITTER WHO I DON'T HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON!" bullshit. Her parents though are fucked in the head so I see where she gets it from.

And the claims of they have seen her alive.....ok, looking at the pictures, I think I saw her six times at Wal-Mart. The little girl really isn't that unique looking so people are seeing her everywhere because she looks like almost every little girl out there.

Latest today.......the grandparents hired an attorney (hmmmm) and someone anonymous actually put up the bond to get Casey back out of jail. Seriously, what good is that going to do other than possibly giving Casey the chance to kill herself so she doesn't have to deal with this anymore? It's clear she isn't going to talk to anyone or fess up to anything, unless maybe they find the body and are able to prove Casey killed her. And I'm kind of thinking that at least the grandmother knew a little more than what she is playing things off as right now, and probably has been bullshitting everyone left and right since that original 911 call where she said herself "the car smells like there has been a dead body in here". Immediately after that call, things all of a sudden did a 180 with her. She even tampered with evidence in the car soon after (and before the cops even showed up to figure out what was going on). Not sure so much on the grandfather, I actually feel a bit of empathy for the guy, who just seems to want out of the family and not deal with this shit, noticing his wife and own daughter are totally batshit crazy.

That Leonard Padilla guy keeps saying there is evidence relating to a dumpster near Casey's boyfriend's house that the cops know about but havent released yet, wonder what thats all about?

That Leonard Padilla guy keeps saying there is evidence relating to a dumpster near Casey's boyfriend's house that the cops know about but havent released yet, wonder what thats all about?

Duke_Droese_in_1994.jpg

It's hard not to follow the case when you live by the house she lives in and it's non stop news coverage. I actually went to school with her and her brother. A friend of mine brought up a theory that seems far fetched but she's so bat shit crazy it might be true: the Father of the baby could be her brother, Lee's and she killed it so the parents wouldn't find out. That or she was drunk. It probably is the latter.

Either way, It's sad and annoying. They will have to move because that house has turned into a circus. You have protesters there every day and poor George is going out of his mind.

ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- A Florida grand jury has returned a seven-count indictment charging Casey Anthony with first-degree murder in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Prosecutors announced the charges Tuesday afternoon, shortly after a grand jury returned the indictment.

Lawson Lamar, the state attorney for Orange County, Florida, said the first count is a capital charge -- which could carry a penalty of life in prison or death.

She was also charged with aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to police.

The 19 grand jurors -- 10 women and nine men -- deliberated for about half an hour after hearing from police, a cadaver dog handler, an FBI agent and the missing child's grandfather.

Anthony, who spent most of the day at her lawyer's office, surrendered about 90 minutes after the sealed indictment was returned. Prosecutors are asking Anthony be held without bond.

"She's not running from this," attorney Jose Baez said as his 22-year-old client wiped tears from her eyes during an impromptu media briefing. "She's doing her best to stand strong, to stand up to the powers that are working against her. And they threw the kitchen sink at her a long time ago."

"She has been living a nightmare," the attorney added. "She has a missing child. She's also a child."

Earlier in the day, Casey Anthony's father -- Caylee's grandfather -- testified before the grand jury. The panel was convened to look into the suspicious circumstances surrounding the child's disappearance.

George Anthony was prepared to do the "unthinkable" -- testify against his own daughter, lawyer Mark Nejame told a clutch of reporters gathered on the courthouse steps Tuesday morning.

Struggling with his emotions, George Anthony clutched a "find Caylee" binder in his folded arms.

"This is going to be very hard for me to do. The focus has always been on my granddaughter and always will be. I love my daughter, I love my wife, I love my son," Anthony said.

He asked for the public to keep his family, especially Caylee, in their prayers. "If someone could take a moment out at 11 o'clock this morning and 11 o'clock tonight and just pray for her. That's all I'm asking for. That's all I can say."

Anthony and his lawyer left the courthouse about an hour later without commenting.

Caylee Anthony disappeared in mid-June, but Casey Anthony waited about a month before telling her family the child was gone. Cindy Anthony -- Caylee's grandmother -- called the Orange County sheriff July 15 after her daughter wouldn't tell her where Caylee was. Watch the latest twist: a child's dress is found »

Casey's brother, Lee Anthony, also pleaded with his sister to tell him where Caylee was. According to police documents, she replied that she hadn't seen Caylee in "31 days."

Investigators say that since that first 911 call, evidence has mounted that leads police to believe that Caylee is dead. They first labeled Casey Anthony a person of interest, and later, a suspect.

The story of Anthony and her missing daughter garnered national headlines, provided nightly fodder for cable TV crime shows and brought a stampede of reporters to stake out the home of Anthony's parents. See a timeline of key events »

Tempers have flared and fists have flown outside the house tucked away in a subdivision in Orlando, Florida. One protester had George Anthony arrested, alleging that he had pushed her.

Police and prosecutors have said little, instead letting hundreds of pages of documents and investigative reports do the talking for them.

Casey Anthony behaved like a carefree party girl, going to nightclubs, entering "hot-body" contests and incessantly sending text messages to her friends while her daughter was missing, according to cell phone and text transcripts and investigative reports released by police.

Copies of her phone and text records obtained by police and released to the public show she hardly ever mentioned her missing daughter during the time just before and after the child was reported missing. The young mother referred to Caylee as "the little snot head" in May, about a month before the child disappeared.

Anthony gave conflicting statements during the investigation and provided police with information that later was disproved. For example, she said she had dropped the child off with a baby sitter. Yet when police checked out her story, they learned that the address that Anthony supplied belonged to an apartment that had been vacant for weeks. The woman Anthony named as the baby sitter said she did not know Anthony.

As Anthony was arrested on child neglect charges, bonded out of jail, was rearrested on bad check and theft charges and bonded out again, investigators disclosed some of the forensic evidence they uncovered.

Cadaver dogs picked up the scent of death in the trunk of a car Anthony drove and in her parents' backyard. A neighbor told police Anthony had asked to borrow a shovel.

Authorities said that in the car Anthony drove, they found traces of chloroform, which can cause loss of consciousness. And they said that on her computer, they found Internet searches of missing children and chloroform Web sites.

Investigators said air quality tests conducted by the FBI found evidence of human decomposition in the trunk of Anthony's car. Law enforcement sources also suggested that a strand of hair found in the trunk of the car was probably Caylee's.

The scene today was straight out of the OJ chase. Cindy goes nuts, attacks News Vans, tries to trick the media, the cops get her. This trial is going to be something else.

Well, they finally found Caylee's body (with the cause of death obviously being homicide). I just wish this case would end already.

I haven't heard one thing about this...

Sum up version: Florida woman loses child, claims at the babysitter who apparently had no name, Cops think girl gone dead, search for body search for body, mommy doesn't act much like she cares and shows she is batshit looney tunes, grandparents claim girl alive, meter guy finds remains in bag, grandparents flip, mommy seems to not care, cops can't prove shit

There, I think that's all the major shit.

That's really all you need to know. And by the end of the case when it ends up being "Little girl dead, no one accountable for her death, Mommy gets to go party and be free and single again", you'll probably just be thinking "Fucking Florida".

You forgot the part where it could have all been over in August.

What was she like in High School? The media is playing her off as this big time partier/whore. Was she like that back in the day?

She's older, I think 23 or something. But just days after the girl went "missing" the mom was out at local clubs partying, with photo evidence backing that up. Seems weird that a mother of a missing child would be out at clubs just two days after her supposed dissapearence, huh?

And as far as the whore deal, the word was that she was sleeping around with 3-4 guys at the same time as all of this was going down, apparently.

One other thing to mention that is huge in understanding this case......there was alot of sketchy stuff happening even before the cops were made aware that the child was missing. The mother refused to call 911 on a missing persons report. The mom and now deceased child went AWOL of sorts on the rest of the family 30-plus days beforehand, rumors of a major fallout with the grandparents of the child, whom the mom and child were living with at the time. So the mom took off and, of course, took her child with her. From that point, the mom and child were distant from the grandparents, and finally came to a head when the grandparent's car (which was being used this entire time by the mother) was found vacant and smelling of something foul in the trunk area of the vehicle. Once the grandparents apparently retrieved their car back, they then found out that the child, according to the mother, has been missing for well over 30 days. The grandmother then flips out (for obvious reasons) and then finally the police are notified of the "kidnapping." There are telling 911 calls of the grandmother calling into the police about all of this, stating the vehicle smells like a dead body, that her own daughters needs to be arrested, etc.

Basically, there are a million sidebar items to this case, so I would suggest just checking out some websites for more details, since theres such a vast array of information relating to this case.

You forgot the part where it could have all been over in August.

What was she like in High School? The media is playing her off as this big time partier/whore. Was she like that back in the day?

Don't remember much but probably like she's played off now.

Caylee's Grandfather Under Suicide Watch

ORLANDO, Fla. (Jan. 23) - The grandfather of slain Florida toddler Caylee Anthony is in stable condition after he was taken to a hospital over concerns that he might be suicidal.

The news comes two days after the state attorney's office released reports with new details about Caylee's Anthony's death.

A spokeswoman for the Daytona Beach hospital said George Anthony would be admitted to a hospital room after being observed. Anthony was found early Friday at a Daytona Beach hotel after he was reported missing for several hours.

CNN cited a police report stating that George Anthony sent his family and friends text messages saying he "did not want to live anymore and that he wanted to be with Caylee."

God damn, this case just keeps getting more and more twisted. I feel an enormous sense of empathy towards the grandparents at this point, but I'm really thinking the brother may have been in on it somehow with Casey, either before or after the death of Caylee I'm not sure though.

The case seems to be signed, sealed, and delivered as a guilty verdict after what came down this week on some details of what was found in and around the decomposed body of the little girl. Apparently there was a heart sticker that was attached to either the duct tape that was covering the skull of the child (which was the same stickers that were on the mother's laptop they seized) and they found a particular laundry bag that matched with others at the home of the mother. There's no question now (like there ever was, really) that Casey Anthony killed her own child. She might as well just admit it at this point, since she nearly caused the suicide of her own father now, and the longer she holds out, the harder this is going to be for the family. An admission of murder is probably the only way she can avoid the death penalty also at this point, if she's lucky.

Sick ass shit. The only question at this point is how premeditated this murder really was. It's still somewhat possible that the mother accidentally killed her somehow (by making her pass out with chloroform to just be able to go out some night or something, and then the next day realizes she actually killed her and then starts doing damage control) but chances are this was a long term plan of action here. Ugh.

God damn, this case just keeps getting more and more twisted. I feel an enormous sense of empathy towards the grandparents at this point, but I'm really thinking the brother may have been in on it somehow with Casey, either before or after the death of Caylee I'm not sure though.

The case seems to be signed, sealed, and delivered as a guilty verdict after what came down this week on some details of what was found in and around the decomposed body of the little girl. Apparently there was a heart sticker that was attached to either the duct tape that was covering the skull of the child (which was the same stickers that were on the mother's laptop they seized) and they found a particular laundry bag that matched with others at the home of the mother.

Sick ass shit.

Fuck, I thought sociopaths were supposed to be smart?

Well, she definately is a sociopath (biggest evidence of that is the videotaped footage of her mother and father visiting her in jail months ago and how she spins being the REAL victim, etc) but it's not like she doesn't think she isn't being smart.

Well, she definately is a sociopath (biggest evidence of that is the videotaped footage of her mother and father visiting her in jail months ago and how she spins being the REAL victim, etc) but it's not like she doesn't think she isn't being smart.

She's probably just incredibly arrogant, but I don't know how she thought for one minute she'd get away with this.

I thought the prosecutors said they weren't going to seek the death penalty?

They weren't initially, but then when they found the body, and details behind the remains, they are more than likely going to.

I still can't get over how stupid this woman is. Did she never watch an episode of CSI in her entire life? She had to know if the circumstantial evidence didn't get her, and the circumstantial evidence is bad enough, the forensics would.

This, coupled with OJ getting away with murder and celebrating that by getting a life sentence for a completly idiotic crime convinces me that sometimes evil= stupid.

I don't know if it's evil or those with self centered personalities who have convinced themselves the world revolves around them. I still say she'll get away with it for a few reasons.

#1- They can throw enough bullshit around to get reasonable doubt out of stupid people

#2- Some single parents will feel incredible sympathy for what she went through

#3- It's Florida, they have been known to fuck shit up

If all the evidence is what it appears to be, even the best lawyer isn't going to be able to argue reasonable doubt. The circumstantial evidence on it's own is bad enough, particularly the internet searches and going partying while her daughter was missing. Now throw in the forensic evidence, and short of a major fuck up by the police, she's going away for a long, long time.

Or a lawyer will invent a new single mother syndrome, find a few shrinks to back it up and the jury will buy it and she'll walk. You never know anymore man, nothing is a slam dunk with the shrinks running around. And people might very well buy a insanity defense because of some of the reasons you mentioned.

If it all points to her, she should get life. But I am still doubting she gets anything at all other than "time served".

I don't think she could get an insanity plea. If Aileen Wournos couldn't get away pleadng insanity, and she was batshit insane, I doubt Casey will.

As for the jury...it might be very difficult for her to get a fair trial. Considering everyone in Florida seems to have convicted her anyway. Finding a group of people that are impartial about this is going to be tough. I think her lawyers might try and get a jury full of women/single mothers but that might backfire, since women might get really pissed at a woman who killed her child in cold blood. Maybe they could fiill the jury with men and hope they all get lured in by her looks.