TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Czecherbear

The feds got Blagojevich

Guest Czecherbear

I expect we'll soon find out from whom Blagojevich was soliciting bids for the vacant Senate seat. I bet Jesse Junior was one of them.

I wonder if Obama will bail him out. Puzzles me that he wanted to be Mr. Chicago all this time. This is what you embrace?

Guest Czecherbear

I guess one of the phonetaps features Rod's wife yelling "hold up the fuckin' Cubs shit, fuck them." See, this is why I said selling Wrigley to the state was a bad thing!

Also, I guess when the Tribune filed for bankruptcy, Blagojevich joked that the Trib should fire its editorial board in the restructuring process. BAD TIMING.

"I'm just not giving it up for fuckin' nothing. I'm not gonna do it. And, and I can always use it. I can parachute me there."

what an epic dipshit.

thank god we're getting rid of all of these douchebags. i wouldn't want that selecting a democratic senator anyways.

The problem is that despite everything, Blagojevich still has the power to pick Obama's successor. Whether anyone would actually want to accept such a tainted appointment is another matter, of course.

what an epic dipshit.

thank god we're getting rid of all of these douchebags. i wouldn't want that selecting a democratic senator anyways.

The problem is that despite everything, Blagojevich still has the power to pick Obama's successor. Whether anyone would actually want to accept such a tainted appointment is another matter, of course.

The senate would simply refuse to seat whoever he appoints (if he actually decides to be a petulant dumbass and make an appointment out of spite).

Guest Czecherbear

The fact that Blagojevich was re-elected in the first place after hitting the ground corrupting in 2003, paying a guy $50,000 to hold his hairbrush, should reassure that "we" aren't losing anything in that state.

Guest Czecherbear

I don't know. How crazy should they go? It's not like this is a Democratic golden boy being taken down here. Fuckin' everybody hates Blagojevich, especially Democrats in the state assembly. I think the magnitude of this thing transcends partisanship. Guy's a sociopath, plain and simple. They've been trying to take this guy down for years and years and have had enough stuff to do it, but the stuff in the affidavit is only from, like, the last month or two, and as Fitzgerald alluded, they would've kept building a case had the Tribune bankruptcy, in concert with Blago saying "yeah, wiretap me like I'm Nixon, haha, try me" at the Goose Island sit-in, not happened yesterday. The stuff about the funding for the children's hospital is the most disgusting, the media censorship (we'll buy Wrigley Field to ease your debt if you fire my critics) the most frightening, and the Obama seat auction was actually the most predictable.

Oh, I dunno, they'll probably go with something along these lines...

Said Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia, the new GOP House whip: "The serious nature of the crimes listed by federal prosecutors raises questions about the interaction with Gov. Blagojevich, President-elect Obama and other high ranking officials who will be working for the future president."

Added Robert M. "Mike" Duncan, chairman of the Republican National Committee: "Americans expect strong leadership, but President-elect Barack Obama's comments on the matter are insufficient at best."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/ap_on_..._governor_obama

Guest Czecherbear

Those are reasonable at-first-glance concerns for Cantor to have about Obama's connection to the machine. However, Blagojevich called Obama a motherfucker several times. Talk about getting all the breaks, huh. I'm not sure why you're trying to bring Republicans into this.

Guest Czecherbear

Obama should get out of this fairly scot-free, I feel. It doesn't sound like there's too much overlap between his crowd and Rod's, maybe Rahm Emanuel and Jan Schakowsky, if that.

Not to go off on too much of a Next Folder Down tangent, but it's amusing and disturbing how Blagojevich all but wrapped himself in Cubs flags and presented himself as Mr. #1 Cubbie Fan (Wrigleyville is in his old district, now Rahm's, soon someone else's. Ronnie Woo-Woo's?) on Mike & Mike and WGN-AM and whoever else would give him the time of day, but he was actively working to compromise the well-being of the Chicago Cubs organization and parent company by shaking them down for funding contingent on firing his enemies. What a jackass. I wonder what sort of conversations they'll be wiretapping these days. Will he ask George Ryan for tips on governor-prisoner transitions? Maybe he can call James Traficant to discuss how to coordinate a jumpsuit with really ridiculous hair.

In another call between ROD BLAGOJEVICH and Deputy Governor A that occurred a short time later on November 3, 2008, ROD BLAGOJEVICH and Deputy Governor A discussed an editorial from the Chicago Tribune regarding the endorsement of Michael Madigan and calling for a committee to consider impeaching ROD BLAGOJEVICH.

During the call, ROD BLAGOJEVICH’s wife can be heard in the background telling ROD BLAGOJEVICH to tell Deputy Governor A “to hold up that fucking Cubs shit. . . fuck them.”

ROD BLAGOJEVICH asked Deputy Governor A what he thinks of his wife’s idea. Deputy Governor A stated that there is a part of what ROD BLAGOJEVICH’s wife said that he “agree with.” Deputy Governor A told ROD BLAGOJEVICH that Tribune Owner will say that he does not have anything to do with the editorials, “but I would tell him, look, if you want to get your Cubs thing done get rid of this Tribune.” Later, ROD BLAGOJEVICH’s wife got on the phone and, during the continuing discussion of the critical Tribune editorials, stated that Tribune Owner can “just fire” the writers because Tribune Owner owns the Tribune. ROD BLAGOJEVICH’s wife stated that if Tribune Owner’s papers were hurting his business, Tribune Owner would do something about the editorial board. ROD BLAGOJEVICH then got back on the phone. ROD

BLAGOJEVICH told Deputy Governor A to put together the articles in the Tribune that are on the topic of removing ROD BLAGOJEVICH from office and they will then have someone, like JOHN HARRIS, go to Tribune Owner and say, “We’ve got some decisions to make now.” ROD BLAGOJEVICH said that “someone should say, ‘get rid of those people.’”