Can we have some sanity in the house?
Last part of this (should have been slow) Wrestling Week.
Utterly Amazing. This is the week Jerry Jarrett could not have planned. He did nothing, and had TNA look like prestine compared to Vince's bubble boy syndrome issues.
The WWE.com site has become more of the Smark Based InsiderSite not unlike Dave Meltzers or 1Bob.
The Issue with Hassan is this- The PTC, will not say anything. Not a thing. You watch. If they made nearly 99 percent of the complaints towards Viacom and all it ilk...this time, when they are mostly consertive and supporting The War Against Terror...they will let this go.
Some Indy Results first:
IWA Mid-South Wrestling, in association with NWA Midwest, presented "No Blood, No Guts, No Glory 2005" at the National Guard Armory in Valparaiso, IN on Saturday night, 7/2. Here's what went down...
The FANNIN FAMILY pulled up to the building in a limousine just as the line of fans was about to file in. BRANDON THOMASELLI was out talking to some of the fans in line and was jumped by Fannin's men, which put him on the sidelines for War Games later in the night.
IAN ROTTEN opened the show by announcing that he had already made plans for a backup member of his team, due to MARK WOLF turning on him Friday night in Salem, injuring Ian's wrist. He said he'd wrestle injured, and his backup plan, 2004 King of the Death Matches CORPORAL ROBINSON, would take Brandon's place in the match.
1. "Double C" CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI def. TJ DALTON in the opening contest.
2. MICKIE KNUCKLES def. RAIN & DAIZEE HAZE in a three-way match to retain the IWA Women's Title after hitting the Shining Kawada Kick on Rain.
3. DANNY DANIELS def. "CK3" CONRAD KENNEDY III with a piledriver.
4. TANK def. EDDIE KINGSTON & CHRIS HERO in a three-way match to earn the advantage for Team NWA in the War Games later in the night.
5. JOSH ABERCROMBIE def. TYLER BLACK & MAREK BRAVE in a three-way match following the Phoenix Splash to retain the IWA Light Heavyweight Title.
6. DELIRIOUS wrestled CM PUNK to a sixty minute time limit draw. The match saw more craziness, tomfoolery, and shenanigans than any of their previous bouts, including a female Delirious emerging from under the ring, as well as one of the Golden Vampires. Post-match, several members of IWA-MS said farewell to Punk on the mic, and Punk gave his parting words to the IWA-MS fans.
7. TRIK DAVIS & BRAD BRADLEY def. "Pomp & Circumstance" ACE ROCKWELL & SHAUN TEMPERS in a tag team match.
8. JIMMY JACOBS def. MATT SYDAL to retain the IWA World Heavyweight Title after clocking Sydal in the head with the heel of one of his dress shoes (Jacobs wrestled the match in a suit) and then hitting the Contra Code.
9. "Team Ian" IAN ROTTEN & AXL ROTTEN & CHRIS HERO & CORPORAL ROBINSON & BULL PAIN def. "Team Fannin" BJ WHITMER & EDDIE KINGSTON & MARK WOLF & JC BAILEY & STEVE STONE and "Team NWA" ERIC PRIEST & CHANDLER McCLURE & VITO THOMASELLI & SAL THOMASELLI & TANK in a double ring, double cage, three team War Games match. The NWA team was eliminated first when Tank tapped out to a double leg submission applied by both Hero and Ian. Fannin's team was eliminated when several team members were all caught in submission holds on different sides of the cage by opposing team members, and Kingston tapped out to Hero's Hangman's Clutch. Moments earlier, JC Bailey turned on Fannin's team and chairshotted Eddie Kingston. Post-match, Ian thanked JC Bailey for making the right decision for his career path, and also thanked the fans for making IWA-MS what it is today. Ian then extended the invitation for Jim Fannin to stay on in IWA-MS from the business end of things. Fannin agreed, and said his managerial career has come to a conclusion, and he will do everything possible to help Ian make IWA-MS successful.
The event was filmed by Smart Mark Video for home video release, with commentary by Dave Prazak, Trik Davis, Danny Daniels, and Mickie Knuckles. A special four camera setup was used to shoot the War Games match. Look for extensive image galleries from both the Valpo and Salem shows to be posted late Sunday on the IWA-MS message board.
IWA-MS returns to action next weekend, with an event on Friday, 7/8 in Muscatine, IA, and Saturday, 7/9 in Hammond, IN.
PWG Presents "The 2nd Annual PWG Bicentennial Birthday Extravaganza" on July 9 & 10, 2005!
Lava Beds National Monument, CA - It's hard to believe that it's only been two years since the debut of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com,) because man, it feels like this is our bicentennial anniversary. Looking back on the rich, 200 year history of PWG, it's tough to imagine where we'd be without Eli Whitney's two reigns as PWG Champion, or Frankie Kazarian's world renowned Cotton Gin. It's also difficult to think about what could possibly be done to celebrate an organization which has left such an indelible impression on the planet over the last two centuries, whether a large parade and fireworks event would be appropriate, or to just stick with the horse that brung us, and celebrate with two nights of incredible wrestling. Granted, we won't be able to relive the the famous battles from the 1890's between George Washington Carver and "Technical Phrenologist" Cassius Ryan (Great-Great-Grandfather of "Technical Wizard" Joey Ryan,) but we promise fans will not be disappointed with what we have in store.
On Night 1 of "The 2nd Annual PWG Bicentennial Birthday Extravaganza," AJ Styles will defend his PWG Championship against the dreaded mystery opponent, a man who has faced and sometimes beaten champions from around the world. Now he steps up to the plate against "The Phenomenal One," looking to score a huge victory over the former NWA Heavyweight Champion and the current PWG Champion!
After wining the number one contenders match at "Guitarmageddon!," the Aerial Express' (Quicksilver & Scorpio Sky) celebration was cut short when PWG Tag Team Champions Arrogance (Chris Bosh & Scott Lost) claimed they had given AXP more than their fair share of chances to win the title, and that they have everything to lose in a title match, while AXP risks nothing. Bosh said the only way Arrogance would put the titles on the line is if AXP would put their masks on the line, making it a match Arrogance must win, and one the Aerial Express can't afford to lose!
Having successfully defended his TNA X-Division Championship on four occasions in PWG, "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels is now growing confident in his role as champion, telling Commissioner "[email protected]" Valerie Wyndham that he will defend the title against any challenger she has to offer. After a few phone calls, SoCalVal found man she deems the perfect challenger, one who she thinks will end the Fallen Angel's title reign, and that man is former X-Division Champion Chris Sabin!
Stemming from the controversial events at June 11th's "Guitarmageddon!" the battle between the new SBS (Disco Machine, Excalibur & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen) and Super Dragon rages on, as Dragon teams up with El Generico & Human Tornado in a 6 person elimination match. Coming off a savage beating at the hands of SBS, as well as an unprecedented two losses in a row, Super Dragon is looking to exact some measure of revenge, and while not necessarily looking for a victory, he has promised that his team will give SBS the most vicious beating of their lives.
Plus in a special attraction match, the returning "Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams squares off with "Havana Pitbull" Ricky Reyes!
Night 1 of "The 2nd Annual PWG Bicentennial Birthday Extravaganza" will also feature: "Technical Wizard" Joey Ryan, Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre,) Davey Richards, HookGun (Hook Bomberry & Top Gun Talwar,) PWG Commissioner "SoCalVal" Valerie Wyndham, and more!
Night 2 of "The 2nd Annual PWG Bicentennial Birthday Extravaganza" will be just as special Night 1, some might even say it will be more special! While we here at PWG love each and every one of our shows equally, we will leave it up to you, the fan, to decide which of our children we should love more! All PWG titles will be on the line on Night 2:
AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. James Gibson
Number One Contenders Grudge Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. Super Dragon
Arrogance (Chris Bosh & Scott Lost) vs. Chris Sabin & Petey Williams
Ricky Reyes vs. Mystery Opponent 2 (Not the same guy from the first night, because that wouldn't be a mystery!)
Mr. Excitement vs. "Techncal Wizard" Joey Ryan
"The Pinoy Boy" TJ Perkins vs. Davey Richards
Plus El Generico, Human Tornado, SBS (Disco Machine & Excalibur,) Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre,) HookGun (Hook Bomberry & Top Gun Talwar,) PWG Commissioner "SoCalVal" Valerie Wyndham, and more!
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "The 2nd Annual PWG Bicentennial Birthday Extravaganza - Night 1" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, July 9, 2005 at 7:00PM. "The 2nd Annual PWG Bicentennial Birthday Extravaganza - Night 2" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Sunday, July 10, 2005 at 5:00PM. The Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC is located at 1110 Bates Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90029.
Now some intresting Puro News:
One the greatest wreslers of all time, Momoe Nakanishi married UWF International Booker Makoto Oe- it was a emotional ceremony. Kazushi Sakuraba, Yuji Nagata, Yoshihiro Takayama, Yumiko Hotta, and Nanae Takahashi were the special guests. Nakanishi is pregnant and will have her bundle of joy in Jan 2006. CONGRATS!
Hustle- the promotion so silly it makes sense... gets even more crazy:
The promotion ran an angle with Erica (Aja Kong) (I am sure its based on a Aaliah song, "Erica Jane" announcing a new tag team partner acquisition. Aja says that she "intercepted" Yinling the Erotic Terrorist's newest recruit. The girl in question is a San Diego woman (175 cm tall) who is being named Margaret.
In a separate angle, Tadao Yasuda talked about his upcoming match with Naoya Ogawa on 7/13 at Fukuoka International Center in the $1 million dollar main event match. Yasuda said that he would plan a business takeover for Antonio Inoki's "fighting spirit (toukon) battery development business." This is the business project that ex-NJ President Masakazu Kusama recently talked about Inoki losing a lot of money in. Essentially, the development of a battery that never needs to be recharged. Yasuda, the "Borrowing Money King," said that he looked at his match against "Tax Paying King" Ogawa as an easy way to make "fast money." Yasuda said that after he wins his match against Ogawa, he dreams of buying a horse and that he will use "money violence" to obtain his goals.
It gets much worse...or better if you still think the WWE cant do anymore wrong as they did Yesterday
The promotion is introducing a new character called Razor Ramon HG. The HG stands for "Hard Gay" and he does the "Hard Gay Hustle Pose." Kantaku Nakamura (it's really Nakamura the ZERO-ONE boss) said that the Hustle army lacked hardness. Even more pictures here. The poor man in the "taking-it-up-the-ass" position is Taichi Ishikari.
See Pictures... (Note, not as offencive as the Hassan incident, but still viewer discression is advised): http://www.sponichi.co.jp/battle/news/2005...050708054_l.jpg
In other more important Puro news (wow...) :
Last month, the promotion (Jinsei Shinzaki & The Great Sasuke) announced that they would be creating a new women's wrestling promotion in 2006. a press conference was held with Jinsei Shinzaki & Meiko Satomura announcing the creationg of "SENDAI GIRLS' PRO-WRESTLING" (they used English in capital letters, not me). The claim so far is that at least 10 people have been contacted to work with the new project with Satomura as the promotion's ace & booker.
Intriguingly, this news story was not covered by most of the traditional pro-wrestling media in Japan but rather was covered on the mainstream news wires by Kyodo.
Not reported on the news wires is that the promotion is aiming to recruit female High School students/athletes for try-outs with a dead-line of August 20th. The try-outs would then take place in September. Rika Kayama, a famous Japanese psychiatrist, will act as a company advisor. The Japanese office number is 022-785-7755.
For those interested (women's wrestlers already trained) in sending a profile package (DVD, resume, etc.) to the new promotion, here's the address to send it to:
Atagobashi Mansion Pharoah E-8
236 Tsuchitoi, Wakabayashi-ku
7/26 Tokyo, Yoyogi National Stadium Gym II line-up for All Japan:
RO&D vs. Voodoo Murderers: Masa Chono, TAKA Michinoku, Taiyo Kea, & Jamal vs. TARU, Giant Bernard, Chuck Palumbo, & Johnny Stamboli
Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. All-Asian Tag Champions "brother" YASSHI & Shuji Kondo
Toshiaki Kawada vs. Kazushi Miyamoto
Kaz Hayashi vs. Taichi Ishikari
Triple Crown Championship: Satoshi Kojima vs. Keiji Mutoh
Takeshi Rikio has been pulled off of NOAH shows until the 7/18 Tokyo Dome due to a pharynx (larynx) injury/condition.
Lineups of Hustle Matches:
7/13 Fukuoka International Center (6 PM)
- Hustle Kamen Red, Blue, & Yellow vs. Min Tai Soo, The Neo Devil Pierroth #1 & #2
- Wataru Sakata vs. Mr. X
- Erica (Aja Kong), Margaret, and Leonardo Spanky vs. Arisin Z (Ayako Hamada), Blanca X, & Monster J
- HHH Hardcore Royal Rumble: Tetsuhiro Kuroda, Ryoji Sai, Katsuhisa Fujii, Jinro (Wolf), Demon Spider, Monster C, Kwik Cook Lee (a rib/knock-off of Akira Maeda's old WWF ring name)
- Shinjiro Ohtani vs. Yuji Shimada
- "Hustle K" Toshiaki Kawada, "Hustle I" Taichi Ishikari, & Masato Tanaka vs. Bruno Hercules, King Giraffe, & "300% Machine" An Jo
- $1 million dollar match: "Reckless King" Naoya Ogawa vs. "Borrowing Money King" Hollywood Tadao Yasuda
7/15 Osaka Prefectural Gym (6:30 PM)
- Hustle Kamen Red, Blue, & Yellow vs. KIDATA Low, Dark Von Maestro #1 & #2
- Wataru Sakata vs. Mr. X
- Erica (Aja Kong), Margaret, & X vs. Arisin Z, Blanca X, & X
- Captain's Fall Match: Taichi Ishikari, Tetsuhiro Kuroda, Leonardo Spanky, & Katsuhisa Fujii vs. Giant Silva, Kwik Cook Lee, The Piranhian Monster gamma, & Monster J
- "Captain Hustle" Naoya Ogawa & X vs. Bruno Hercules & King Giraffe
- HHH Title Match: Masato Tanaka vs. 7/13 Fukuoka battle royal winner
- "Hustle K" Toshiaki Kawada vs. Yinling the Erotic Terrorist
With two weeks to go until the 7/18 Tokyo Dome show, there are still tickets remaining for a good amount of the bleacher seats. The advance is good, but not spectacular given the amount of build-up for the show so far. If there are seats available by next week, then some minor worrying.
There was a "special fan event" at Tower Records (Shinjuku) with John Cena promoting his "You can't see me" CD. Around 400 fans attended and Cena got a huge reception. One woman marked out so much for touching Cena that she started crying. The event with Cena took place on Saturday at Noon.
Meanwhile, there was a PPFM x WWE corporate event with Rey Misterio Jr. and Torrie Wilson that drew around 200 fans. The fans were mostly preoccupied with Torrie. PPFM is a fashion/merchandising company. Kane & Christy Hemme had a separate fan club event meet & greet session as well.
President Simon Inoki announced (according to a Yomiuri Sports report) that a "steel curtain" would be established on all employees of the company in terms of leaking information. This applies to both wrestlers and management. The issue of "leaking" was a big deal for Antonio Inoki, who hated ex-President Masakazu Kusama's "open style" with the press. Simon stated that information such as fight cards were being leaked and that a "special project room" would be created to establish more internal control. Simon further stated that fans got bored with the lack of freshness in the company because the surprises in matchmaking were lost. The new "steel curtain" will be implemented by September.
(Most news coming from PuroresuPower...make sure you hear there show as well...)
No Fire Pro news until next week...but there is some VG News...
To long to post here but a lot of intresting things...
More Next Week...