TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dace59

Pyschology

Ok, this has to be talked about somewhere. And when it's not 2AM and I've gotten something now, I'll add in what I can.

Until then, here's a little something everyone read. To see what they can pick up, to say about it or any other advice they can give on this area.

http://robbo.oeck.net/Stuff/psychology.txt

Ok, that's about 5000 words long so it should keep you busy for a little bit. It's not mind, credit belngs to the whoever wrote it (I'm assuming the poster named at the end)

And if a few other people can post their own articles on this, or about something indepth, that's what I'm after.

So read people.

Very minor addendum, and one I'm guilty of violating:

Why would you have more than one big move executed from the same position? If you're (let's just say for argument's sake) using a backdrop driver as a finisher, why the hell would you have an atomic drop anywhere in your stats? An atomic drop starts from a waistlock with the head ducked under the arm for leverage and proceeds into a lift. A backdrop driver starts from a waistlock with the head ducked under the arm for leverage and proceeds into a lift. There's almost no circumstance where it would be better to hit an atomic drop than to hit a backdrop driver, unless you're writing some sort of bizarre "work the spine, starting with the tailbone" match.

Don't be a coccyx. Make your moveset consistent.

Definatly a good point Tom.

Having different finishers or rare moves that start from the same set up is one thing, as you dunno what could be coming but it's going to be a match ender wayway.

But way go for an Atomic Drop if you could hit a Backdrop Driver as you said.

Well, the crotch stomp was also usually early enough in the match that the Sharpshooter wasn't going on. There's a significant difference in the difficulty of applying the Sharpshooter and stomping on the guy's testes a la NotJ.

Which is why it would sometimes make sense, if you're using a full-flipping German (270-degree rotation, victim goes from feet over to stomach) as a finisher, to hit a regular German instead. Theoretically, it takes more strength/energy/ability to hit a 270 German than a regular one. Using a regular German could, in the right context, be a proper decision to buy the attacking wrestler some time to recover, or as a more conservative choice in a match where the attacking wrestler is going lower-risk and trying to accumulate damage.

:: gets off soapbox ::

Krush Rush into a Ki Krusher is one that. One last shot before the finisher.

But not going into it just doesn't make sense. You've gut them up, not that hard to send them down now.