Jump to content

Giuseppe Zangara

Members
  • Posts

    5791
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Giuseppe Zangara

  1. My comment was made under the assumption that Pfork would hate Bright Eyes, but, wouldn't ya know, Lifted got a positive review a few years back. Still, ballsy move on allmusic's behalf. I don't recall another time where they went against the grain on a fairly high profile release.
  2. That was a relatively ballsy move by allmusic; even Pitchfork praised the new Bright Eyes.
  3. Same here. That's roughly seven hours of music in my previous post; Live-Evil is responsible for two alone.
  4. I'll note that I'd also shorten the Ludacris tracks that remain, as many of them, as good as they are, overstay their welcome.
  5. Every now and then, I put on that Galaxie 500 album, hoping it'll click for me like their first two albums. It never does and likely never will, as, with the exception of two songs ("Fourth of July" and the VU cover "Here She Comes Now"), the formula was beginning to wear thin. At least they broke up before they could flog the corpse any further.
  6. I've feared commitment as long as I've been dating, so I'm not surprised I feel this way. Not to say that this makes handling my current situation any easier.
  7. The other day, my girlfriend mentioned getting me something nice for my birthday. Which is nine months from now. She may well have meant birthing me a child, but probably not. Still, that she sees us still together by the end of the year put a fright into me, which I've yet to shake.
  8. It's charisma, I think. VU had it in spades.
  9. Oh, it wasn't on Horses, but "Rock n Roll Nigger" is one of the most painful, embarassing odes to outsiders I think I've ever heard.
  10. Smith's "Beat" lyrics are eye-rolling at best, insufferable and grating at worst. Also, her backing band is shamelessly crude; quality chops were never a requirement for this type of music, of course, but those dorks have none of the panache to pull off being so sloppy. That this is widely considered one of the great rock records of the 70s baffles me to no end.
  11. Ludacris - Word of Mouf 01. Coming 2 America 02. Rollout 03. Cry Babies 04. She Said 05. Howhere (skit) 06. Area Codes 07. Move Bitch 08. Stop Lying (skit) 09. Saturday 10. Keep It On the Hush 11. Word of Mouf 12. Cold Outside (bonus track) 13. Welcome to Atlanta
  12. As I alluded to earlier, that it fits on one CD is irrelevant to the criteria of the thread.
  13. And Wowee Zowee is the best Pavement album. It took me eight years to realize it, but realize I did.
  14. I haven't blathered on about Tindersticks in awhile, so I'll just add that their version of "Here" is far better than the original, which is saying a lot.
  15. I really like "Only Shallow," "When You Sleep" and "Soon," though. There's just the problem of everything else on the album.
  16. The track itself is kinda blah, yet I feel it makes for a good opener. Works better in context.
  17. Loveless is alright, but I never feel like listening to it. I prefer Ride's Nowhere, as far as the whole shoegaze thing goes.
  18. I recalled the last track having horns, which made me assume I liked that one. Because I like horns. If I were in the same building as my copy, I'd just dig it out and settle this matter.
  19. Like, she's a really swell gal and all, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm only seeing her because she's something comfortable for the moment. I can't imagine a future with this girl. EDIT: Rant beat me to it.
  20. Just this past week, I began thinking I love my girlfriend, but, within the last few days, I find myself growing bored with her.
  21. I haven't bothered altering the tracklist for anything I've listed, as—like with Amnesiac and Gold—I haven't listened to some of these albums in a very long time. Speaking of which, "Like Spinning Plates" might be a song I like, as couldn't remember whether it was that one or "Life..." I know I hate one of them.
  22. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' No More Shall We Part becomes an EP: 01. As I Sat Sadly By Her Side 02. Hallelujah 03. God is In the House 04. Oh My Lord I don't know if NMSWP was released on vinyl, but, had it been, it would've been a double. Also, "Hallelujah" isn't yet another version of the song originally performed by Leonard Cohen.
  23. Radiohead - Amnesiac will get the EP treatment: 01. Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box 02. Pyramid Song 03. You & Whose Army? 04. I Might Be Wrong 05. Knives Out 06. Life In a Glass House Even with five songs missing, I'd still not like Amnesiac very much, but I think some editing would make it a lot more digestable.
  24. Wilco's A Ghost is Born: just remove "Less Than You Think."
×
×
  • Create New...