Jump to content

Giuseppe Zangara

Members
  • Posts

    5791
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Giuseppe Zangara

  1. I wouldn't remove a single song from the White Album; even the lesser tracks fit the album's overall mood. I suppose Sandanista! is ripe for this thread, but I'm not gonna be arsed to do it myself.
  2. plz [/thread]
  3. A guy and his girlfriend were having sex. Midway through, he pulls out, flips her over and finishes off in her ass. A little bit later, she turned to him and said, "that was a little presumptious, what you did back there," to which he responds, "Presumptious? That's an awfully big word for a ten-year-old."
  4. And bloated single albums into solid EPs. From double LP to single LP Ryan Adams - Gold 01. New York, New York 02. Answering Bell 03. La Cienga Just Smiled 04. The Rescue Blues 05. When the Stars Go Blue 06. Sylvia Plath 07. Enemy Fire 08. Gonna Make You Love Me 09. Harder Now That It's Over 10. Tina Toledo's Street Walkin' Blues 11. Goodnight, Hollywood Blvd. From LP to EP Hüsker Dü - Candy Apple Grey 01. Crystal 02. Don't Want to Know if You Are Lonely 03. Sorry Somehow 04. Hardly Getting Over It 05. Eiffel Tower High I removed five songs from each album, for what it's worth.
  5. My girlfriend neither smokes nor drinks. What a horrible relationship.
  6. I didn't know that Waits record was such a milestone. Other than it being the closest thing he ever came to making a rock record, most people write it off as a tiny blip prior to his avant-transformation with Swordfishtrombones.
  7. American Music Club - Patriot's Heart Leonard Cohen - Don't Go Home With Your Hard-On Neu! - Hero The Fall - Garden Camper Van Beethoven - O Death
  8. Remember Toddy, the ninth circle of Hell is reserved for betrayers.
  9. I'm guessing anyone who likes this song enjoys other things I hate with a similar passion.
  10. I also ate lunch at Whataburger, which, mercifully, is open on Easter day.
  11. I'm listening to Trout Mask Replica for the first time in months. As awesome as ever. Speaking of that, I was inspired to start this thread by this book. I was skimming through it at Barnes & Noble; some of it seems interesting, but then too much of it—like the drubbing given to the aforementioned Beefheart album—is more the writer thinking himself a badass for daring not to like a canonized album. Shut the fuck up, dude.
  12. My Easter is uneventful, thus far. Girlfriend's out of town, as are both my housemates. I just got back from shopping at Wal-Mart. iPods make shopping a lot more tolerable an experience.
  13. Did you enjoy In a Silent Way, at least? I know you have that one Jaco Patorius album, which shows you have an appreciation for that sort of thing. (I don't care much for Pastorius myself, which I think you and I discussed previously. He gets a little too close to contemporary jazz for my liking.)
  14. On the Corner, Live-Evil, Get Up With It, etc. are all fucking nuts, in the best possible way.
  15. Kick Out the Jams might've been a good album had they recorded it in a studio. That way, they would've been more likely to cut out the spacey noodling that might've been interesting had I attended the concert where they recorded it, but it comes off as masturbatory and dull on record.
  16. I'd rather yank out my pubes with tweezers than listen to Patti Smith's Horses ever again.
  17. This reminds me: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, save three-or-so songs, is a load of pretentious horseshit.
  18. This thread is reserved for albums that are widely considered classics, so anyone mentioning something by Korn or their ilk will be ignored and very likely laughed at. With that in mind: The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds MC5 - Kick Out the Jams
  19. I saw this episode when it first aired.
  20. Death of a Ladies' Man is nowhere near as bad as its reputation would suggest.
  21. Edwin wears studded belts and dances to Hot Hot Heat when no one's looking.
  22. Purchased on vinyl solely for the cover. Terrible album, seriously.
  23. Silent Alarm is totally lame except for like two songs.
  24. Kick Out the Jams fucking blows.
×
×
  • Create New...