TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

The One And Only Raw Thread for 7/8/02!

Guest M Nyland

shit....how did I turn bps into a sheep???

(just kidding of course)

Guest papacita
I was at raw, and the crowd was into almost every match during the night. I thought the raw was awesome, the best event i've been to  

I dunno. Maybe it was something with the production, but having been to damn near every WWF event that's come to Philly since 96, that seemed pretty damn weak for a Philly crowd. On TV it seemed like they were dead or something. Anyway, I didn't like the show myself, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Guest Incandenza

I'm truly surprised how worked up some of the people around here get over anyone finding anything the slightest bit amusing of Nash's injury. It's not like the guy died--only his career did.

As for Raw this week...it was dull. Way too much NWO and their boring "shoot" comments to bringing everything down. I'd say more, but the show did not give me much to say.

EDIT: As usual, I watched Raw on tape shortly after it ended. I FF'ed through the mixed tag match, figuring it was nothing I wanted to see. Now I read about how horrible it was, and how it's potential Worst Match of the Year material. Plus, I did catch JR bringing out the ol' "bowling shoe tendencies" comment, so I guess I better get back to the tape and check it out for myself.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Eeeesh, not a very good Raw.

--Booker & Eddie seemed to be on different pages, which hurt the match

--Benoit shouldn't need help to beat Bubba, it only hurts him when they should be building him up after being out so long

--mixed tag match - I don't think I need to elaborate

--Dreamer/RVD/Brock segment - I liked

--NWO in-ring promo - Zzzz.......

--Flair/Stevie - too many chops. Nice to see Flair actually win, but the match blew.

--Regal/Hardy - nothing special. Regal just RULES~!, though.

--10 man tag - OK up to Nash's injury, then the match understandably fell apart

--mostly dead crowd didn't help matters

Line of the Night:

tie: Chris Nowinski's "butch girls" line & the dude in the crowd's "Get to the point!"

Sign of the Night

"Bring Back Kanyon"

Guest gwf0704
NO PAPACITA!!!

BAD!!!

We MUST LOVE EVERYTHING THEY GIVE US!!!!

BAAA!!!

WE MUST TRUST IN THE ALMIGHTY VINCE...HE IS A GENIUS!!!!

BAAA!!!

EVERYTHING HE DOES IS BAAA!!!

BAAA!!! BAAA!!! BAAA!!!

Well my wolly friend, what I meant is that if Booker T wins, he didnt win convincing enough. If Booker T is first to wrestle then why cant he be in the main event. Why did Booker get pinned. Why was Benoits match so short. Why is the NWO on. Cool how Nash hurt himself but why did the NWO win the match. Blah, Blah, Blah...... that is my point. You always gotta complain about something, even if the smark gods Benoit and Booker T win its not good enough. I know everyone has an opinion to express and if you didnt like the show, fine. But at least make an attempt to say it in a different way than the same old message week after week after week.

It gets tiresome which is why the board is infested with so many puberty infected teens......

Guest cabbageboy

Van Dam carries Raw. I swear he has made several unwatchable shows at least passable. Take away his efforts last night and that is easily one of the worst Raws of all time.

Guest FeArHaVoC

You know what would be funny? If Nash faked it to get more time off and get paid, (makes ya think like he had it planned the way he slapped his leg when he first came into the ring) and the Doctors down in Alabama laugh at him and send him home. I wouldn't be shocked if we hear in the Ross Report this week that Nash doesn't need surgery and just needs to rehab it.

RAW was a mess last night. Trish and Jackie was aweful and even Trish looked pissed off. Trish should have picked her ass up and hit the bulldog or something. I'm sure that's easier said then done and the Ref probably told her just to cover Jackie.

I like this Chris Harvard kid. He looks way better then Maven. I think he's the best Athelete and promo guy I've seen come out of the Tough Enough's.

RVD finally does the Van Whatever. I was pissed when they changed Camera angles after he jumped. Made ya miss the whole damn thing. Was this Nitro or what?

No Taker kind of sucked. What was the point of promoting him on WWE.com so much just for him not to be there?

Even Booker and Goldust wasn't that funny this week.

I wonder if Benoit was laughing in his head after Nash "Got Hurt?" I know I would be after all that shit Nash talked about Benoit after he Left WcW.

<_<

Guest Nevermortal

You know what I noticed? Earl Hebner crossing his arms into an X when Nash got injured.

I thought New Jack was going to come out and kill everyone with his toasters & vacuums from HELL.

Guest Just call me Dan

Booker/Eddie was a cool opener but it was hurt by the lack of crowd heat. Too quick and it should not have ended clean with Booker over Eddie that fast considering Booker will probably become someone's job boy making him look bad and Eddie worse in the process.

Booker/Goldust segments are getting progressively worse, but they are still good. the mugging of the fake X-pac ruled.

Big show should stick to the high cut singlet and not the low-cut showing his fat hairy stomach. At least put nWo on it somewhere or something!

I don't think any of that botched crap was Trish's fault. There are few women wrestlers in the WWE and the ones who can wrestle, wrestle at a fast pace and put quality in there. Jackie should be used as a T&A peice like Torrie or Stacy who can go somewhat in the ring if warranted. I bet Ivory would love to get in the rign and squash/shoot on her.

Seems like Raw is lacking a roster considering half of the show involved the same people.

Regal/Hardy was textbook, and Reagl crying just cements his dropping down the card and eventual retirement from in-ring action.

Matching tights are not good for Benoit/Eddie

RVD/Brock/Dreamer/Heyman was the best part of the show. Dreamer looked great, RVD and Brock did well and Heyman has big balls. Kendo sticks own.

Harvard could be a goldmine, lots of charisma

WAY too much promotion of Rock. His return overshadows the shit out of Rey's debut.

Poor Nash, best of luck to him. I love 10 man tags and this was decent until the botched end. Did you see Bubba talking to Nash while Xpac kicked him in in the head 837 times? Bastard.

Raw gets a B- from me.

Guest evenflowDDT
Regal/Hardy was textbook, and Reagl crying just cements his dropping down the card and eventual retirement from in-ring action.

Am I the only one who thinks that Regal's breakdown over losing the title means that there will be a Hardy feud over the belt in an attempt to (gasp!) make the belt mean something again?

Guest Just call me Dan

If cartoonish antics and non-believable storylines will help get the title some more prestige, so be it. That won't. See HHH/Jericho WM-X8

Definitely a memorable Raw. I didn't go through the entire thread, but I remember Booker, Goldust, Benoit, Eddie, Bubba, & Spike (or some combination of them) all wrestling at least twice. I still regret not paying attention to Gayda match. I was doing whatever else, saw the messed up finish, and then came online later to read about how bad it was.

Nash quad tear... what more can be said? One of the funniest things I've ever seen on WWE TV, and I'm glad that I have it on tape. Best part is seeing everyone, completely confused, run into the ring for a big brawl. I love how Bubba quickly huddles up to Nash to check on him, then X-Pac stands over him to lightly stomp him every few seconds.

Oh god, you mean to tell me that this show was the show with the Gayda debacle AND also the Nash quad tear? This had to be one of the worst Raws ever, though it did have some car wreck charms.

Just the fact Nash gets injured in his return match after being previously injured, truly unforgettable!

:lol:

Wasn't there some big mess around Nash not knowing he was wrestling until like 2 hours before the show? I seem to remember he didn't work in his typical gear.

What's truly insane is that I recall joking about something like that before the match! Stuff like "Wouldn't it be hilarious if Nash pulled a Jerry Rice here and got hurt again his first night back?" It was one of those things I felt kinda bad about laughing at (since I like ole Nash) but if you were watching at the time you had to be rolling or in amazement.

Guest BillyTheStud
I kind of feel sad for Bradshaw...10 years ago, He would have been WCW's #3 Heel.  20 years ago...World Champion.

He really oughta consider Japan...Hanson continued his career by at least 15 years thanks to Japan.

LOL :bonk: