TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest packwingfn

What does everyone think about Tantric....

Guest packwingfn

Hey All,

Just wondering, What does everyone think about the band, Tantric, If ya actually listen to all of their album, I believe its a great album all around, and they sure are great Live, saw them Twice and the 2nd time, they did an absolute great cover of Bon Jovi's "Dead Or Alive", it was amazing!

Also if you've heard of them or not, what does everyone think of Local H?

Guest hardyz1

They're pretty good, reminiscent of Alice In Chains.

What little I've heard of Local H has been good.

Guest Black Lushus

heh, TheyCallMeMark...you and I give the best answers....straight and too the point...well said...

Guest EdBootyManTheDiscipleLeslie

I think Tantric are the worst band in mainstream music today. Their

music is extremely derivative and the lead singer sounds even more like

a bad Eddy Vedder impersonation than the guy from Creed does. Comparing them to Alice in Chains is like comparing Bubba Sparxxx to NWA.

Guest Your God

They're a bit derivative (sp?) of other modern rock bands, sounding at times like Alice In Chains, at others like Collective Soul, etc., but I like them.  Their album's decent, but I have heard better.  "Mourning," however, is a great song.

Guest The Man in Blak

Eh, they're all right.  I like their previous incarnation better (Days of the New) before they parted company with Travis Meeks, but they're probably better off with their Meeks-clone for a singer while Travis just sits in his basement making ridiculous rock operas.

But yeah, they sounded a little like an acoustic AIC as Days so it's no surprise that they sound a little like AIC now that they've plugged in.

Guest Black Lushus

*shrugs* i don't know, they don't sound like Alice In Chains to me at all...again the "these guys sound like Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam" thing comes up like it did with Creed...do you guys NOT listen to the music close enough?  those comparisons are and always will be assinine...the voices may be similar, but clearly the music is different...

Guest Vyce

I preferred Days of the New.  Tantric isn't bad, although I really don't see the AIC connection, and I'm not overly fond of the lead singer, AND I think that their music is only average.

Past all that, I think they're okay.

Guest Xstasy

I can't see the Alice connection either.  Tantric has a much brighter sound than the Alternative/ Grungier bands of the early-mid nineties.  I really like their music because it is just that- music.  They display incredible abilities to explore variant themes, and not do the same old three or four chord progressions that most rock bands use as staple food.

I also don't think we're listening to the same band if you think Huggo Ferrera sounds like Vedder.  The guy has a much more open, and a MUCH more raspy voice than Vedder.  Its actually one of those voices that I don't think everyone can be into, but it is definately original, and that gets my respect.  But as bonus, I really dig his voice.  Scott Stapp DEFINATELY sounds like Vedder... but I think it works for Creed's thing- that dark , passionate and tortured sound they go for.  Ferrera's voice sounds more edgy, and wise.  I dig that.  Definately like them better than Days of the New, I just like the fact that they are more musical now and doing their own thing as opposed to trying to be alternative, or grunge, or whatever.

Guest Ihatesmarksandmarks

Days of the new was a shitload better (and its pratically the same band) i do like the track astounded tho...

Guest Black Lushus

I do prefer Travis Meek's vocals to Hugo what-his-name's.  they do sound similar, yes i know this, but Travis's sounds a tad better...i like the fact that Tantric isn't as acoustical as Days, nothing wrong with acoustical sounds, but it gets old after the 7th song of a 14 song album..."Mourning" is a kick ass track, by the way...

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Since when has Creed gone for a "dark, tortured" sound? They're music is extremely pop-ish.

Tantric are okay. I like "Breakdown," but nothing else I've heard from them. Perhaps they'll grow on me, like Saliva did.

Guest converge241

Big Days Of The New fan, especially the second album. Couldnt get into Tantric though. i do like one of the singles though. Not the slow one and not Breakdown but the other heavier one.

Searching through the archives, I stumbled upon this topic. I figured I'd bring it back since Tantric has a new album coming out very soon. These guys are one of my favorite modern rock bands, and they were pretty damn good when I saw them open for Lifehouse and 3 Doors Down in Springfield, Illinois, on July 4th, 2001. That show was great- 3 awesome bands, all of which I got to meet, I caught a drumstick from 3DD, and I met ane xtremely hot woman. Good times.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I want to chop up Three Doors Down with an axe. They make the worst rock singles I have ever heard. So fucking SAPPY, and not even all that catchy, just stupidly trying to look cool when they're obviously twats.

Here without chyewwwwwwwwwww, anna romma nurma nuff...suck suck suck..

3 Doors Down, oh christ. I once had the pleasure of working in a store where the twat of a manager would play their CDs continuously for 8 hours a day. I mean, I can understand liking a band, but who the hell has such an unbelievably one dimensional and horrific musical taste that would allow them to play one fucking album for 8 hours with no regard for anyone else who was stood there for the same amount of time?

Tantric is ok by me. I prefer Travis Meeks' songwriting to whomever does the majority of Tantric's though.

As for Local H, they're fucking BADASS. Scott Lucas is good enough of a guitarist and vocalist to get the job done. Their music just jams. Period. TNA, do youself a favour and pick up Here Comes the Zoo. Easily their best album. The No Fun EP is pretty cool as well. They cover "I Just Want to Have Something to Do" as well as "Birth, School, Work, Death" along with three originals, with "President Forever" particularly owning. Their new album comes out in March, I believe.

Tantric's first album is actually pretty stellar, though I haven't gotten the opportunity to get the second. Don't even know if it's been leaked yet.

What was odd was that when I saw them with 3 Doors Down a month ago (I saw there to cover Shinedown), all of Tantric's first album sounded great. The three songs from the second album, though, were absolutely terrible on the production end.

Tantric's first album is actually pretty stellar, though I haven't gotten the opportunity to get the second.

oh my word :ph34r:

It's very, very generic, and I absolute hate the two songs where the vocalist tries his damndest to sound like Layne Stanley. The stuff's a tad bit catchy at points, but that's coming from someone who is able to stomach radio rock.

First album is like a 4.5 or 5/10. The only time I listened to it was the day before, and of, the 3DD show that they played. Probably would get on my nerves very quickly if I listened longer, admittedly.

Guest Coffey

I like Tantric, although I'm not a fan of Local H. One of my good friends' favorite band is Local H though.