TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe_G

10/13/02 CMLL Workrate Report

Guest Joe_G

This is late because I'm house sitting and there's no internet connection. So I took notes and wrapped this up at work.

They showed two old matches again in the middle of the show (Black Tiger, Nosawa, and Masada vs Atlantis, Black Warrior, and Mr. Niebla, as well as Universo, Apolo, and Mascara vs Silva and Rayo, both from the 6/29/02 show). One was good and the other wasn’t—can you guess which is which?

What Worked

Lots of clips of the ring girls as we come back from commercials. Why? Who knows? And who cares!

Familia de Tijuana vs. Infernales freaking rocked, with the FdT bumping like absolute monsters. Infernales still have the matching outfits (purple this week) and come out in these weird hoods. Primera caida is short as Satanico works over Damien’s arm for a bit before Nicho and Halloween hit the ring the trio beat down the elder statesman. Nicho soon crushes Satanico with a top rope legdrop for the pin. FdT dominate the Infernales to start second fall, until Nicho misses a corner charge and takes a hideous bump to the floor, allowing the champs to gain the momentum. Infernales beat the stuffing out of the challengers and Mephisto destroys Damien with a sunset flip powerbomb to the floor. Nicho takes a triple powerbomb in the ring (looked real good too) for the pin and we’re all tied up. More domination from the champs to begin the tercera caida, as Nicho eats a springboard dropkick and takes another nasty bump to the floor. Nicho and Halloween hit stereo powerbombs on Averno and Mephisto and put their feet on the ropes for a very close nearfall. They go to run the ropes, but Satanico pulls down the middle rope, so Nicho takes his third hideous bump of the match. Averno and Mephisto hit dives, leaving us with Damien and Satanico. Satanico slaps on a whacky submission and Damien uncles, but there’s no ref. And no ref allows Damien to hit a low blow and a senton, and now the ref shows up to count three. FdT rule and aren’t afraid to die for your sins.

Stellar Moments: Ricky Marvin hits one of his crazy corkscrew dives on Nitro. Damien applies a Giant Swing to Santo, and Halloween dropkicks him in mid-air. Ouch. Santo gets revenge by crushing Halloween with a tope. Takemura jumps off Black Tiger’s back and nails Dr. Wagner with a jumping Kappo kick. Black Tiger hits a 619 on Shocker. Lots of big names in that SM.

Apollo Dantes, Black Tiger, and Dr. Wagner enjoy lunch in a restaurant (same one we saw a few weeks ago). Doc has his neat New Japan jacket, while Tiger counters with yet another swank shirt. They talk about their upcoming match and Doc seems angry. Apollo gets bleeped. Doc strikes his pose and his partners shake their heads. This worked for the outfits alone.

Whoa, Mil Mascaras sighting! My PWI almanac would have Mil at about 64 years old, which makes even Satanico shake his head. Anyway, Mil teams with Atlantis and Vampiro against Wagner, Black Tiger, and Apollo Dantes. We clip ahead to Mil getting tagged in, and Apollo sells his full nelson like its inescapable. Then Mil and Apollo take it to the mat~ and I’m digging it. Tiger tries to interfere and Mil flips out and beats the shit out of him. Tecnicos soon win the primera caida when Vamp hits his top rope spin kick on Tiger and Waner submits to Mil’s bearhug. OK, that last bit requires quite a bit in the suspension of disbelief department. Segunda caida begins with Atlantis showing that he’s been hanging out with Rayo as he makes the bad guys hit each other. Rudos soon regroup and begin the beatdown. Even Mil takes a dropkick to the face while in a camel clutch. Doc gets Vamp with a seated powerbomb while Apollo takes out Atlantis with a splash to win the fall. Tercera caida sees the rudos try to unmask Mil, but he comes back with some clotheslines. Things get a little disjointed but soon Vamp gets Tiger with an abdominal stretch, Mil hits a bodypress on Apollo, and Atlantis gets Doc in the Atlantida for the win. This was pretty fun. Mil did a lot more than I expected, and the kudos to the rudos (rhyming!) for selling as much as they did.

What Didn't Work

Averno and Mephisto are seen shining their titles (not a euphemism—that’s what they were doing). Satanico comes along and they talk about their upcoming title match. The room is tinted red and the picture is framed with flames—are they in hell? Eh, any Satanico promo that doesn’t have him laughing like a maniac or shooting lazers out of his eyes ain’t gonna work.

Good stuff this week. And no Pierroth/Mascara Ano Dos Mil hair match. Not yet, anyway.

Guest razazteca
Waner submits to Mil’s bearhug

but Doc was tired after running the ropes 6 times!!! :cheers: to selling for an old man

GOTTA GOTTA GOTTA LOVE LUCHA~!

I swear...Lucha is so great...I want TNN to buy time on Monday Night if they think RAW sucks and put on some Lucha. I'd be happy...

Guest razazteca

6 hours on the weekend is enough for now

if only they would quit showing Gigante Silva, Capos, Rayo matches

need more VIRUS, Zimbido, Hombre Sin Nobre!!!!!