Don't Tell a Soul

Guest Muzz

"I have been destroyed

By the perfection that is life,

See I'm moving soon,

See my feet are already on the road.

And if you know where I'm going,

Don't tell a soul..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are the Smarks Wrestling Federation World Champion, you must be very proud."

"How can I be, Ben? I used to think that if I could win the World Championship, eveything would suddenly change for the better, but it hasn't. I'm right back where I started."

"What do you mean? You have the respect of the people, of your peers, isn't that what you wanted?"

"Of course Ben, of course that's what I wanted. I've wanted that my whole life, but it seems I can't have everything my way. Do you hear people talking in the street? Are they singing my praises? Are they telling their children, "Billy, that's someone to look up to." ? No Ben, in their eyes, I'm just a bitter and twisted man, my accomplishments don't mean a thing to them. My peers? Don't make me laugh Benjamin, they mock me the most. I have the most coveted prize in our sport, wrapped around my waist, and they have the audacity to claim that I am not worthy of such a prize. Wouldn't that make you angry Ben? Wouldn't you feel you had more to prove?"

"Yes, but don't you think you're overreacting a little? I'm sure not all people think that..."

"I wish that were the truith, but sadly it isn't. I'm spit on in the streets, I'm mocked by the crowd... is that how people treat their fellow man? I'm doing what I love, I live for this sport, I want to succeed just like every other man I face..."

"But what about Axis? I know you want to succeed, but did you have to go as far as to shatter his leg? Did he deserve that?"

"Wake up, Benjamin. Axis tempted fate when he spoke the name of my deceased wife, and made it seem that she wasn't worth the greif I was struck with. Ben, she was everything to me, and someone who I once called my friend felt it was up to him to decide what to do with my life, how I should be feeling. Jay had it coming to him, yes he did... he was right about one thing though..."

"And that was...?"

"I have to go on with my life, and try to forget, and I have, to an extent... but sometimes I just give up on people, I become angry..."

"Does that justify your actions? Your brutal attacks on others in the SWF?"

"I've learnt through time to leave my emotions out of the ring. I do what is neccessary in the ring. I would do anything to defeat my opponent, is there something so wrong in that?"

"But your methods seem so brutal, so callous, do people deserve that?"

"Again, I do what is neccessary... sometimes things get out of hand, out of my control..."

"You're no exactly winning the respect you want with these tactics of yours"

"I do what any other man would do in the same situation."

"To the extent that you would?"

"Maybe not Ben, but in their minds they are thinking it, and that is bad enough..."

"This sunday you face El Luchadore Magnifico for the World Championship. Are you afraid of losing your belt so soon?"

"It's hard to admit it, but yes, Ben, I am afraid like any other man would be. Losing the title would be a great blow, but I have recovered from much worse. Magnifico... I've known him a long time, I've seen him in action throughout that time. He is a worthy opponent, and I know everyone wants to see him beat me... humiliate me, but Ben, I won't let that happen... I've defeated Magnifico in the past, and I will do it again. I have to beat him, everything else in my life is a non-issue, in my mind, I am already preparing for the encounter."

"Magnifico has been one of the SWF's best for..."

"Hush, Ben... When will you learn? When will people learn? What do I have to do? Tell me Ben, how many more titles do I have to win? How many more victories must I have? How many more people have to be hurt, before you take me seriously? Before everyone takes me seriously?"

"I - I don't know..."

" It's all right Ben, I understand... you're not the only one who doubts me, or my abilities. Mark my words Mr. Hardy, I will surprise a lot of people with what I can do. Do you believe me Benjamin?"

"Well... You may have defeated Magnifico twice before, but let's face it, Magnifico is a big game player, and Pay Per View time is his time to shine..."

"Like I said Ben, expect a surprise..."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sacred glares at Ben one last time, a confident grin on his face as he gets to his feet, nodding to his interviewer and the camera, heading towards the door. Ben watches him leave, a worried look on his face, feeling a strange vibe from the Australian, before instructing the camera man to pack up and leave the hotel. Sacred walks down the hallway of the arena with a swagger, seeming so sure of himself. He finds his hotel room and puts the key in the door, looking left and right before opening the door, making sure nobody is nearby.

He lets out a belated sigh, chucking his keys over the other side of the room, cringing as they miss the table and knock over a very expensive vase. He walks across the room and gets down on his knee's to pick up the broken peices. He puts the peices on the table, but accidentaly cuts his hand on a rather sharp peice of porcelein. He gives out a little yelp, watcing the blood trickle down his hand and wrist, looking around for something to patch up his wound. His eyes suddenly catch a small picture frame, sitting by itself on the table, holding a picture of Anna. Sacred reaches over and brings it close, looking into Anna's welcoming eyes, and smiling, suddenly forgetting about his hand.

Unbeknownst to him, the door is wide opened, and in the doorway stands a woman, Japanese build, strikingly beautiful with black hair down to her shoulders. She fumbles on a word as she looks at Sacred, kneeling down, clutching a picture of his now deceased wife. Sacred looks at her, not sure what to say, especially when there's a beautiful woman standing in the doorway. She bows her head and rushes off down the hallway, just as Sacred gets to his feet. He stammers, putting the picture down, forgetting about the mess at his feet. Instead, he sits down on the couch nearest the window, looking out at the sun, setting off in the distance.

The sudden intrusian left him startled. Kneeling down holding a picture of his wife, while trying to find something to say to a gorgeous woman would be hard for him. He decides to ponder it at a later date, remembering the business he had to attend to...

Picking up the phone, he punches in the numbers and lifts the phone to his ear, waiting for a response on the other end. He looks down at the floor, at the broken vase, then remembers the cut on his hand, which trickles down his skin and drips on his leg. Suddenly, he hears a voice on the other end...

"Yes, did you get my message?"

. . .

"You did? Good... And are you up for it?"

. . .

"What are you afraid of?"

. . .

"Look, you know what I can do to you if you don't do this, and I suggest you do it as it's in your own best intrests to pull through, you understand?"

. . .

"Good, good... not a word to anyone, don't tell a soul... good bye"

Sacred puts the receiver down and lays back comfortable, shifting in his leather chair, an almost evil grin on his face as he picks up the glass of red wine on the table by the phone. He grasps it with his blood soaked hand and sips the fluid, looking out the window as darkness slowly comes across the city. He pulls himself out of the chair and opens the glass door seperating the lavish hotel room and the balcony. The cold air makes his trenchcoat flutter as he leans across the railing, sipping at his wine while watching the people below.

He holds the glass out into the wind, then tips it just a little, letting the liquid spill over the edge and down to the sidewalk below, staining a business mans plain white shirt. The man shakes his fist and cries out in anger, but Sacred just chuckles to himself, seemingly enjoying himself for the first time in a while...

Hahaha, yes, things are definently looking up... I'm in control..."

His hand is still bleeding... he doesn't feel the pain anymore.

------------------------------------------------------

"I live all for this thing,

That I heard someone sing,

When you have no one,

No one can hurt you..."

Katatonia - Don't Tell a Soul

Sacred is one crazy son of a bitch!

*Johnny runs to the phone to call the Sniper hotline on Sacred*

Anyway, Everytime i read one of your promos i get more and more intrested in what will be Sacred's next move. This helps to set up the PPV match quite nicely, and i know I for one am looking forward to this one.

Guest realitycheck

You know, I may sound kinda' pretentious, saying something like this... but when Muzz writes something like this, it transends being just a story, a little passage forwarding whatever storyline Sacred is in, and taking his character from point a to point b... it almost becomes art.

Sacred's himself is becoming beautiful catasrophe, and the biggest walking anomally in the SWF. This shit rules, keep it up, Muzz.

-Z

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Muzz man, you fucking rule. I mean, this is truly good stuff. I wish I had a little more time to follow the SWF more closely. Anyways, if your Dissention match is the quality of this promo, ol' ELM might as well not write.

(I don't mean it, ELM. You can beat that Aussie loser.)

Now, back to praising Sacred...

Guest AnnieEclectic

Wow. This is a incredible promo. Just one thing. Who's this Japanese woman? we've already had two... heh. Third time's the charm?

-Annie

Guest Kitsuneko

Uhm... Anniebeingthick? Hmm...

A bit dark, (a tad overdramtic), but still keeping that insane ability to paint this gorgeous picture... as your followers (me included) have said you are quite the writer, I agree.

*fumbles on some random English word, trying to appraise you further...*

*bows*

*runns of*

(Li Syaoran style, for any of you that would recognize that ref...)

:D

Guest Ash Ketchum
Uhm... Anniebeingthick? Hmm...

A bit dark, (a tad overdramtic), but still keeping that insane ability to paint this gorgeous picture... as your followers (me included) have said you are quite the writer, I agree.

*fumbles on some random English word, trying to appraise you further...*

*bows*

*runns of*

(Li Syaoran style, for any of you that would recognize that ref...)

:D

LOL, Kitsuneko ^_^ I get it