TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShooterJay

Zenk trashes JR

Guest ShooterJay

Looks to me and all the so called "internet nerds" BBQ JR is up to his old shilling tricks or treats doing the same thing week after week with H-Bomb. The staggering 3.4 rating on Raw speaks the TRUTH.... something JR knows nothing about. Almost 3 years into the 21st century and good ol’ BBQ JR is STILL pushing the wrong people -

{JR}“I am especially excited about the prospect of seeing Shawn Michaels compete for the World Heavyweight Championship. If Shawn does indeed accept Eric Bischoff's offer, it will be some awesome TV and produce some much needed magic that only an athlete the caliber of HBK can provide.” {/JR}

Nice way to build up his opponent (HHH) too. So what does that say for the rest of the roster, JR? Remember how Ross buried "an athlete of the caliber of RVD" with unnecessary shots in his weekly column…??

Personally I’ve never loved the "phony" working marks, far less the big football boys like JR (the cash and the women were my thing and Pillman’s). But EVEN I know JR has always done the WRONG thing….. I was vocal about young talent like Troy Martin, Brad James, Johnny Ace, Brian Pillman, the future stars, being held back then... while corporate lackey JR kept his BIG mouth shut and went along with the booker’s chickenshit programs, collecting his big check, playing the game, working Jim Herd, riding the wave, manipulating people's lives because he was too weak (fat) to make a stand for what is right for the biz he claims to LOVE…...

Hey JR - Remember the ounce of dope we (peanut head) and myself delivered to your Buckhead apartment that night? I remember your bachelor pad, complete with the black leather couch, the one you were sitting on directly in front of your large TV. Your place was a pig-sty and smelled of flatulence. Your cigarette breath perhaps?

Remember back in Tampa that bright sunny day in the pool ... on top of the 5 star hotel before the Rising Sun PPV (the Flair and Fujinami main event with the fucked up finish)? You had a trophy girlfriend, the brunette from US airlines, remember fat boy? She had stars in her eyes (mark) because you were on TV. She was much too young and pretty for you to keep hold of but there you were pool side, swishing your Sooner legs in the water talking nonsense about the biz, as if anyone cared. She was hot JR. What happened to her?

You kept silent while Ace had to hide out in Japan for a decade thanks to dummies like you. Maybe, finally, it’s time to do the right thing, JR. Make restitution to Ace and Taylor. Put them over. Go after Eric, remember how he treated you ….then go home, while you've still got some TV credibility left.

Hilarious stuff, both for the funny images of past JR and his ludicrous thought that anyone would listen to the Z-Man in a booking meeting. As for the "young guys" he would have pushed.

Troy Martin- (aka Shane Douglas) A brother in bitterness. Yeah, he had the look and the mic skills, but his flakiness and hot temper meant he never would have been a major league main eventer even if he was pushed. Plus he proved not to have the durability a main eventer needs- he was DONE as a worker by 1997.

Brad James- (Brad Armstrong) Heck of a worker, but far too bland to rise above midcard status.

Johnny Ace- Never saw him, can't comment.

Brian Pillman- At the time, he meant nothing, just a bland cruiser. Later, when he developed the "Loose Cannon" persona was when he made impact. If not for injuries and death, Pillman would have been an Austin-level megastar, so Zenk's right on that count.

Guest Mulatto Heat
I remember your bachelor pad, complete with the black leather couch, the one you were sitting on directly in front of your large TV. Your place was a pig-sty and smelled of flatulence. Your cigarette breath perhaps?

That's so amusingly gross.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Wow.......JR cheating on his wife? Who would've thought that someone in the wrestling business would have an affair or do illegal drugs!? Not little old naive me! :rolleyes:

Guest RickyChosyu

Ace was Douglas's partner in the infamous "Dynamic Dudes" tag team, and was a heck of a worker at one point, noted especially for his tag team with Steve Williams in AJPW where he had many a great match. He'd probably be pigeon-holed into the same "heck of a worker, but too bland to push" category that you put Armstrong in, though.

Personally, I really dig Zink as he puts things bluntly and provides some interesting view points.

As for Pilman being a "bland cruiser" the guy was extremely ground-breaking in many ways as a cruiser, implementing a break-neck pace at the height of his career that few could match. His bouts with Jushin Lyger, especially, were a prefect show case of this. Agreed that he deserved to fit in to what American wrestling was about to become in 1997, but then, you can't win everything.

Guest Lord of The Curry

I REALLY hope that JR replies to all of these allegations in next weeks Ross Report.

Guest ShooterJay

Don't get me wrong, I loved early Pillman- I saw the Lyger matches and thought they were incredible, and I was a big Pillman fan. In his case, I was analyzing what WCW bookers were thinking at the time- he was still lacking that intangible that made him push-worthy.

Guest RickyChosyu

So you differ to "hapless morron with unmatched complacency?"

Zink is a lesser of two senile old men. He's senile, but he's certainly not at "making excuses for the mess-ups before they happen" levles of JR useslessness.

Guest MrRant

I consider JR to be fed everything he says as well so he is full of shit too just not bitter. I just don't like Zenk or believe one ounce of the bitter BS he spouts out.

Guest nikowwf

Zenk was so cool the first two WOL appearances, remember. After that it was the same lame rant OVER and OVER. Now, I don't know what to believe of him or not. Its not telling stories to be funny or answer questions, its just bitter diatribes one after another.

niko

Guest godthedog

this is the most gratuitously bitter thing from zenk i've ever read. usually he backs his rants up with examples of being stupid businessmen (vince) or of really being an asshole (flair), but this is just tasteless. okay, so ross pushed the wrong people and was afraid to stand up to the boss. how does that warrant zenk basically calling him a fat fuck 20 times? this is just a personal attack, worse than any personal attack bret hart ever made on vince, and it's slanderous. "hey, you pushed the wrong people and were afraid to stand up to the boss, so...YOU'RE REALLY FAT, AND YOU USED TO DO DRUGS!" christ. zenk needs to grow the fuck up.

OK. While Zenk definitely says some shit that is shocking, I want you to think about something.

Zenk was a very highly respected man in the locker room. He was a guy that everyone treated nicely, and then when the shit started to hit the fan, he was the one who got hit with it first.

Zenk just goes out there and does this to make people remember who he is. I like the stuff he writes, and it's just funny that a former wrestler shoots all over people like that.

And on the subject of Douglas's flakiness...um, did you see how he got pushed? If I had to wear pink tights and ride a skateboard to the ring (kinda), I'd be flaky, too.

Guest FeArHaVoC

Whoa, that's pretty Ball'sy of him to call out JR on Drugs and even admit he delieved the "Dope."

He is bitter, but at least he's Entertaining. No worst then Honky Tonk Man.