TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Best drummer ever

Guest CoreyLazarus416

While I must saw, Shawn 5, that Joey Jordison is indeed an excellent drummer, he doesn't rank anywhere on the "best ever" list.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Joey Jordison of Slipknot & the Murderdolls. Seriously, he owns all other drummers. Even if you hate Slipknot in general, you've gotta be able to appreciate Jordison's drumming.

He's definitely the only member of the band worth a shit, and he's pretty good, but Flo Mounier completely eats him for lunch. Download any Cryptopsy song to see the difference. He's way faster, and much more creative.

As for Phil Collins being the first one to introduce double bass, I'm pretty sure that was being used by some jazz weirdos back in the day, and Keith Moon tinkered with it a little after that. So did Ginger Baker.

Guest starvenger
starvenger Posted on Nov 15 2002, 07:55 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animal, from the Muppet Show and Dr. Teeth's band.  

I disagree. While technically proficient enough to hold a beat, Animal is sloppy live and one dimensional on his studio efforts.

My list(since i can't pick one) would include Flo Mounier, Trym Torsen, Neil Peart, Dave Lombardo.

Note to self: Use emoticons to better express facetious comments...

Guest Incandenza
starvenger Posted on Nov 15 2002, 07:55 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animal, from the Muppet Show and Dr. Teeth's band.  

I disagree. While technically proficient enough to hold a beat, Animal is sloppy live and one dimensional on his studio efforts.

My list(since i can't pick one) would include Flo Mounier, Trym Torsen, Neil Peart, Dave Lombardo.

Note to self: Use emoticons to better express facetious comments...

I think he was joking, too.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

1 a) John Bonham

1 b) Keith Moon

No one else is even close to these two.

Guest raptor

I can't believe no one mentioned Max Weinberg. It was put best in an E Street Band concert review I once read: "he's a mere mortal with command of thunder."

Guest cue_meanie

I can't beleive Danny Carey has only been mentioned once in this thread... I have abunch of Drum Solo's he's done....AMAZING....just amazing!

Guest saturnmark4life

Indeed, Carey is fantastic. The bit in 'the grudge' where you just hear him roll all the way down into HELL near the end is one of my favourite bits of drumming ever.

Guest Coffin Surfer

Sean Reinert(Cynic, Death, Aghora, Gordian's Knot,....etc.)-better than Portnoy

Chirs Pennie(Dillinger Escape Plan)

Kenneth Schalk(Candiria)