TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Incandenza

The Return of the D.C. Gathering Thread!

Guest Sassquatch

What kind of cancer?

Brain cancer?

Testicular cancer?

Maybe breast cancer...

Guest Kinetic

I'm always interested to see what happens next. And, you know...at some point, they've got to come to their senses and push the right people. I want to be there when it happens. Kind of like I want to be in our nation's capital the weekend after Christmas.

Guest Incandenza
Do you have a fix outside of the WWE Inc?

Just curious.

No, sadly. I still watch SD, though. I'd get into puro, but the money that I'd have to spend on it goes towards my #1 addiction, owning a huge amount of CDs. One of these days, I'll buy me a puro tape.

And since Kinetic's being a whiny bitch, he should look up room rates in northern Virginia. The principle factor in me possibly not going is monetary. Find something reasonable, K-dawg.

Guest Sassquatch

Wrestling fans are some of the biggest masochists around as they keep on hurting themselves just for a moment of pleasure that is fleeting.

Kind of like Tampa Bay fans have for the last 4 or so years.

:P

Guest Kinetic

We were ROBBED in the NFC championship game in 2000, I tell you. ROBBED! And being a Tampa fan the last several years has been a lot easier than it was back in the days of the BUTT-ugly uniforms and shitty records.

Guest Sassquatch

Don't even talk to ME about being robbed Kin.

*sports silver and black cap*

Yeah.

That's right.

We proved EVERYONE wrong this season as the Raiders kicked the crap out of the Pats.

But yeah, being a TB fan is pretty bad.

Guest Kinetic

We've got the best record in the league right now, though, so I'm feeling pretty good.

Now...a quick check indicates that the cheapest thing we're going to find is $60 a night, split three ways.

Guest Sassquatch

Just wait until the playoff's Kin.

Sapp better watch his knees if TB plays up in Green Bay in the playoffs.

That's all I'm going to say.

Guest Kinetic

Hell, nah. If anything, Green Bay's coming back down to Tampa in the playoffs...probably not until the championship game, though, since both teams look to win out. I'll start talking home field advantage and all that when they get through New Orleans and Atlanta, however.

Guest Sassquatch

Since we're talking about Green Bay and Tampa Bay, what did you think about the Clifton/Sapp/Sherman incident from this last Sunday Kin?

Guest Kinetic

I thought it was poor sportsmanship on Sherman's part to not shake Sapp's hand after the game. Then again, I can see why he was upset. It was a cheap shot, albeit a completely legal one. All in all, I'd say Sherman was in the wrong and Sapp was just responding. In the locker room, he said "I didn't instigate nothing. He's lucky I'm not 25 and that I've got kids and a company." A part of me that's been trained since an early age expects to have to pay $34.95 to see this issue resolved.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Aww, Alina's upset that she won't get to meet us all now. We've gotta go now!!!

Ha. Kinetic, you checked rates yet?

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Sassquatch

Kin: Sapp better watch his knees come the playoffs. Coach Sherman should not have said anything to Sapp. But Sapp should have been the bigger man and move on instead of threatening to beat up a middle aged man who is also in a higher position of power than Sapp.

Kotz: For those of us that don't talk to Leena, why did she say she isn't going on the trip Kotz?

Guest Kotzenjunge

No, she saw this thread and figured we weren't going now. That's all. She said she's still going to DC by herself anyway, since she's never been and wants to go.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Kinetic

So the cheapest thing on there is the Dulles Hampton Inn, which would be $30 a day split two ways. I could live with that.

Guest crandamaniac
If worse comes to worse, I could always go up to Winston-Salem and drag Kinetic to a rave in Raleigh or Charlotte.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

If the trip does fall thru, and you decide to do this instead, I may be able to make that. But I know for a fact that going to DC would be out of the question, what with money, and my parents and a whole lot of other stuff

Guest Kinetic

Nope. My goal is to spend no more than $200 on this trip, since I have school coming up and am currently unemployed. With lodging only costing $90, I could easily accomplish that. Probably.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Dulles is a long-ass way outta town, but I won't mind that nearly as much since I'll have my car this time to get me around, as opposed to the Metro and my own two feet last time. Hell, the Metro doesn't even go out as far as Dulles, but it could soon if they end up moving the Air and Space Museum out there, as Erica told me there have been rumblings about. Sucks ass that she'll be out of town for the holidays, as she lives literally ten minutes from Dulles. Either way, it sounds good. I say we go there.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Sassquatch

I can only imagine the mayhem that you could all cause if this trip was taking place during New Year's Eve.

"The horror...the horror..."

Guest Incandenza

Then there's the gas issue. I'm having to supply the gas for my solo trip from my town to Kotz's (and then back again), so I hope you can understand I'm not eager to chip in for any other part of the trip.

Guest Kinetic

I don't see a whole lot of other expenses. Aside from food--and everyone pays their own way there--and possibly alcohol. Fortunately, I rarely drink and would probably be fall-down-the-stairs drunk after a six pack of Zima or what have you, so I don't anticipate spending more than ten dollars on that. A semester at the local community college for an out-of-state student costs a little over $3,000 and that's not even counting books. Even with financial aid, I'm going to be pinching pennies until they seep into my skin, Homer Simpson-style.