TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

I finally seen a NWATNA match...

Guest Choken One

All right, I was tired of hearing about NWATNA having the best wrestling around, maybe better then Smackdown Seven.

So i looked for some...I watched Lo Ki-Lynn-Styles-Psychosis 1st...since it is still talked about today....The setup of the match really confused me at first...but I'm slowly getting into it...

Styles is Bleh.

Lo Ki is Bland.

Lynn is always good.

Pyschosis is Always good.

It seemed over rated...***3/4.

What other matches should I seek?

Guest Flyboy

Lynn Vs. Low-Ki Vs. Styles (Triple Threat) from week... oh shit, I don't know.

Hell, I haven't even seen the match but I know everyone creams for it.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

That would be Week 8, Flyboy.

Styles is "bleh"?! Styles is probably one of the best workers in North America right now. Admittedly, I didn't get into TNA until Week 4, so I missed the 4-Way, but Styles has been nothing but extremely good, and sometimes great, ever since I started watching. Maybe you just need a better match...

As Flyboy mentioned, Jerry Lynn vs. LowKi vs. AJ Styles © for X-Division title, Week 8 is a good one (and my personal runner-up for MOTY), and there are 2 matches between Styles and Lynn that have made me gone "now THIS is wrestling." They are:

AJ Styles vs. Jerry Lynn, 2/3 Falls, Week 13 (or Week 12, I forget which)

and

AJ Styles © vs. Jerry Lynn, X-Division title, Week 19 (my personal MOTY)

Guest Slapnuts00

Lo KI is BLAND?!?!?!?! The Ki Krusher 99 is BLAND? The Tidal Crush is BLAND? The Dragon Clutch is BLAND? Kicking someone's headoff is BLAND? How anyone can call guys like Styles/Ki bland compared to most of the WWE's roster is beyond me. (Less polished, fine, but bland or boring?!)

Guest Flyboy

No offense to the NWA-TNA, but Choken needs to see Low-Ki Vs. American Dragon Vs. Christopher Daniels from ROH.. that show him how 'bland' Low-kie is.

Guest BifEverchad

I thought AJ Styles vs The Amazing Red from 2 weeks ago was awesome, and should be given a serious look as a TNA MOTY candidate.

Styles is Bleh.

Lo Ki is Bland.

Lynn is always good.

Pyschosis is Always good.

The setup of the match really confused me at first...but I'm slowly getting into it...

It seemed over rated...***3/4.

Huh? :huh:

Was I watching a different match to you?

Guest dreamer420

I would suggest to go back and watch every X Division title match that has taken place. They have all been better than any matches than have taken place in a WWE ring this year.

Also Jeff Jarrett vs. The Truth from the last week was **** in my opinion.

And finally the tag title series between Storm/Harris and Lee/Slash. All of their matches have been top notch wild old school brawls. Bloody as hell too.

Guest Choken One

I'm speaking from a image point...None of those guys save for Jerry Lynn stand out...they look like 22 year olds with a little muscle and know how to fly...

From a wrestling standpoint they have pretty solid stuff but Pyschosis is on the way down. I really couldn't see Lo Ki being a huge American superstar...

I'll keep looking for that week 8 match though...

Guest dreamer420
I'm speaking from a image point...None of those guys save for Jerry Lynn stand out...they look like 22 year olds with a little muscle and know how to fly...

This is the future though.

Guest The Hamburglar

Spotfests with no selling and no story are the future? Fuck!

Choken, I agree with you that that four-way is overrated, but I'd switch your appraisals of Low Ki and Lynn. Ki, although I'm not sold on him as a complete worker yet, is a highly entertaining spot-machine with stiff kicks. Lynn is a well-rounded wrestler who manages to bore the living shit out of me every time he gets in the ring. Styles is most certainly bleh.

Guest dreamer420

I'd say that judging by way the X Division has taken off this year that that style will be the future. Personally I don't mind as Jose & Joel Maximo, Red, Styles, Low Ki, and Lynn are the wrestlers i enjoy watching the most right now.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Bare in mind that he was watching some of these people (Low Ki and AJ) for the first time. He isn't as comfortable with them as some of us have become. When I first saw Low Ki and AJ Styles it was at the WWA ppv...and I wasn't impressed in the least either.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Not me, especially Low Ki who I thought was a waste at that time.

I liked AJ's moveset a little...but he too just struck me as random cruiser guy.

Now I look at them totaly differently.

Guest goodhelmet

my initial feelings were very similar to dreamer420's. like you bps, i first saw styles and low-ki at the wwa ppv. i thought they were the only highlights of the entire show.

as for styles and ki being blah, as ddp once said... i don't think so! both have some of the most innovative offense i have EVER seen. sometimes just big spots, but most of the time, they are just cool as fuck counters to counter a cool as fuck move they already fell to.

if you ever need to see a low-ki match that rules over all, check out his match against american dragon from the 2nd ROH show. on the 3rd show, ki and styles tore it up. it is because of guys like ki and styles (and am. dragon) that i have faith in the future of wrestling and don't give a fuck about wwe right now.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I really wish that I could see more American Dragon. I know for a fact that I have NEVER been more impressed with someone after seeing just 2 matches.

I think I'll have to invest in some RoH tapes.

Guest goodhelmet

american dragon rules the fucking earth. simple as that. my favorite indy worker by far. with that said, as wierd as it is to say it, i am glad he isn't picked up by wwe or nwa. i enjoy him throwing out 20-30 minute clinics and i don't think he would get that chance in the big leagues. plus russo, is in nwa. he'd prolly be made into a joke sooner than later.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well I am definitely happy he isn't in the WWE. Jobbing to Crash Holly in 3 minute matches on Velocity sucks. Take note Spanky.

He would have fit in in TNA if 2 things didn't happen:

1. The X division became more about highspots right on the first night (not that I have a problem with that, but it would just take away from what makes Dragon's matches so awesome)

2. Russo returned. Somehow, I don't see any matches getting 20 minutes ever again.

Guest goodhelmet

EXACTLY!

1 step forward, 2 steps back...

hey, the truth and jarrett went 20+ this past week so maybe it is a possibility but i don't know if dragon would really fit in with the x-division anyway. the only thing would be his size. that's it. his style is much more complex even though he can throw down the highspots when need be

Guest Mulatto Heat

I would recommend the week 8 match too, but I didn't like how the competitors kicked out of their own finishers (thus weakening them in my view), or the ending (I thought breaking up a pinfall, especially in that fashion, stops the count?).

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Hey, Hamburglar, X-Division matches don't tell a story? Lynn/Styles Week 19. Each man knew what the other was going to do before they did it, and you could FEEL the hatred they had when they'd hit each other. At least I did.

I dunno. But it does piss me off when pricks come into the TNA folder to do nothing but bad-mouth the product. Methinks I should go into the puro folder and say "I DROP YOU ON YOUR HEAD 12 TIMES, THEN YOU HIT ME WITH A LARIAT, AND NOW YOU WIN!! FIGHTING SPIRIT!!"

Guest The Hamburglar

Haven't seen Lynn-Styles from Week 19. However, given that more than half of the four-way in question was Lynn-Styles which just so happened to bore the living shit out of me, then I have little desire to track it down. And hey, I'm no puro disciple, I'm too scared to go into the puro folder for fear of vicious flaming should I point out that Akira Taue has serious offense problem or that Misawa no-sells in a markedly Hogan-esque manner. I don't see why you have a problem with people criticising the NWA-TNA product. I just think that over-rating spotfests as anything other than spotfests is detrimental to the growth of good wrestling within any promotion. That, and it pisses me off when the Internet will over-hype any American organisation just because its an alternative to WWE. It happened to me with ECW, and then it happened to me with TNA.

Disclaimer: When talking of over-rating spotfests, the ROH three-way this year is exempt. It ownzors greatly. I think AmDragon-Ki is a little over-rated though, but I may need to watch it again. The matwork just didn't seem to be going anywhere.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Hamburglar, are you basing your entire opinion on the X-Division on THE DIVISION'S FIRST (and maybe its worst) MATCH?!

Guest RedJed

That 4 way was definately not the worst X Division match, but I do think its unfair to base an entire division off of one particular match.

And about the comparison to ECW, people didn't just like it because it was simply an alternative to the WWF or WCW, it was actually exciting to watch and IMO was about as solid of a product the states has seen since the glory days of the NWA Georgia and Mid-South territories in the early 80s, if you ask me. The fact of the matter was that it was given alot of praise because ALOT of people enjoyed what they saw, not just because it was an alternative.

If the Internet would over-hype every WWE alternative, we would have seen tons of praise for such organizations as XPW and others when Vince bought out WCW and ECW died.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Yeah, what Jed said. Do you read hype for XPW shows from people other than the 10 or so XPW fans? Nope. If anything, you hear nothing BUT negative press.

Guest goodhelmet

well, i have personally seen a shitload of x-division matches and hamburglar almost has a point. i enjoy many of the matches but there are more lacklustre-ok x-division mathces than there are blowaway-excellent x matches.

as for the rest of tna, i simply have not been impressed and i have a gut feeling that the most of the praise that tna receives is through the x-division or the truth's mic skills. outside of the truth-jarrett match from this past week, what match really sticks out as a good tna match (x-division excluded)?

Guest CoreyLazarus416

What match in WWE really sticks out as really good, Holy Trinity excluded?

TNA gives me a solid tag feud, a good main-event, and an entire division of workers whose matches seem to never fall below *** (IMO, as *'s are subjective). WWE gives me nothing of actual worth outside of the Holy Trinity and SOME cruiser matches.

Guest dreamer420
well, i have personally seen a shitload of x-division matches and hamburglar almost has a point. i enjoy many of the matches but there are more lacklustre-ok x-division mathces than there are blowaway-excellent x matches.

as for the rest of tna, i simply have not been impressed and i have a gut feeling that the most of the praise that tna receives is through the x-division or the truth's mic skills. outside of the truth-jarrett match from this past week, what match really sticks out as a good tna match (x-division excluded)?

TNA has replaced the WWE as my favorite wrestling organization and I thought that is something that would never happen. Every wrestler goes out to that ring to bust their ass and you always get 110%, no matter of what place on the card the match it.

I have found all of their shows to be much more enjoyable than any Raw or Smackdown in recent memory, and while the production and other aspects of their shows are little amateur, the overall product is better in my opinion.