TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shane Douglas 4-ever

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas

Guest Shane Douglas 4-ever

Hi, I'm just another newbie, here. Are there any Shane Douglas fans in here?

Guest razazteca

he was a good heel in ECW, wasted in WCW, not sure of the XPW work since I am outside of that region.

And let it be known that HHH stole the Franchise gimmick :blink:

Guest dreamer420

I enjoyed his work in ECW as a heel. I didn't really buy into him as a face though. He sucked in the WWF and he really sucked in WCW where they had to stick poor Torrie with him so the fans would at least make a little noice when he was in the ring.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Good on the stick, decent in the ring, but the man could generate tons of heat if allowed to go all-out.

Guest Zack Malibu

I'm a huge Douglas fan, though Sandman tells me he's lost a step or two now that he's in XPW. Still interested in seeing his work there, however.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

He was in one of my favorite ECW matches (vs. Foley in his second last ECW match) then didn't really do much for me for the rest of his career.

Guest razazteca

I remember when Shane Douglas was going to "hang up his boots" in ECW, they ran an angle which had him looking to give the Franchise name to another wrestler, which was going to be Tommy Dreamer but the Impact Players did a run-in.

Guest treble charged

Douglas looked like he was about 90 during his final WCW run. Plus, he's a moron for burning just about every possible bridge that would lead him anywhere in hte business.

Guest ChaosTheory

Franchise is a great heel & great on the mic. I never understood why he didn't catch on with WWE/F or WCW when he was with the Feds. Guess it had something to do with his heat with everyone.

Douglas seems to hold grudges way too long and that's why he is working for XPW (and no one sees him) and not NWA-TNA (he didn't want to work with Francine and also there was a ? of $-correct me if I am wrong) where he could be on Pay-Per-View every week and be one of their lead heels.

Guest JHawk
Franchise is a great heel & great on the mic. I never understood why he didn't catch on with WWE/F or WCW when he was with the Feds. Guess it had something to do with his heat with everyone.

Douglas seems to hold grudges way too long and that's why he is working for XPW (and no one sees him) and not NWA-TNA (he didn't want to work with Francine and also there was a ? of $-correct me if I am wrong) where he could be on Pay-Per-View every week and be one of their lead heels.

In fairness though, I still don't know why in the hell NWATNA felt Francine would be more important to the company long term than Shane Douglas anyway. Would you rather push someone who has a chance to work a decent match, or someone who's only there for T & A but isn't especially hot to begin with?

Guest ChaosTheory

Hey JHawk,

I'm right there with you on that one! Francine over The Franchise-I don't think so.

Guest Zack Malibu
Shane Douglas is the ultimate heel in wrestling. He can draw more heel heat than Hella Huge Honker ever could.

Looks like Shane Douglas 4 Ever is back...

Dude, nice to see another Franchise fan, but if you were banned, stay banned. Coming back under a new name is just going to get under everyone's skin really fast.

Guest papacita

I always liked Shane. I seem to be the only person walking the face of the earth that will admit to liking Dean Douglas, and he was my favorite wrestler in ECW right up until all of the injuries hit him around 98 and 99. I didn't see any of his WCW stuff (outside of the Steamboat/Douglas Tag Title days), and the last time I watched XPW he looked old as shit and kinda out of shape.

Guest JHawk

I was also a Dean Douglas fan, papacita. I even lifted the gimmick for an e-fed I was in once. The gimmick might mean jack in the ring, but you can come up with some pretty good promos for it.

Guest Zack Malibu
I always liked Shane. I seem to be the only person walking the face of the earth that will admit to liking Dean Douglas, and he was my favorite wrestler in ECW right up until all of the injuries hit him around 98 and 99. I didn't see any of his WCW stuff (outside of the Steamboat/Douglas Tag Title days), and the last time I watched XPW he looked old as shit and kinda out of shape.

I'm with you on the Dean Douglas fandom, Papacita. One of my favorite RAW moments was when he ran out during a Diesel/Shawn/Taker vs. Owen/Yoko/Mabel 6 man and RAMMED Shawn into the steps/post. Also, his involvement in the Razor/Kid feud was great as well.

I feel that Nowinski's gimmick has a little of Dean Douglas to it as well.