TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FeArHaVoC

Axl Rose going to the "Mad House"

Guest FeArHaVoC

The cancellation of the first Guns 'N Roses tour in nearly a decade is directly due to lead singer Axl Rose's increasingly bizarre behavior....or so says Chicago Sun-Times columnist Bill Zwecker. "Always an eccentric in the admittedly wild world of rock music, Rose has close friends and associates extremely concerned over his mental state during the last couple of months," Bill wrote earlier this week. "The singer himself has openly admitted he's battling inner demons. ''I managed to get enough of myself together to do this,' the New York Post quotes Rose as telling a Madison Square Garden concert crowd last week.

"Sources say Rose is very close to checking himself into a psychiatric clinic to deal with 'exhaustion' and a number of other emotional problems. Famous for his outrageousness, the aging rocker lately 'has been even more whacked than usual,' according to a longtime pal.

"For this tour, Rose even traveled with his own psychiatrist, whose major responsibility apparently was convincing him it was important for his mental health to get onstage nightly and perform.

"Obviously that didn't work Friday, when Rose refused to appear for a Philadelphia gig —— effectively ending the tour."

No word from the GNR camp on this rumor or on anything else as of yet.

Source: Blabbermouth

Guest EricMM

There are a lot of people who would kill to have the opportunites Axl has.

Why doesn't he want to perform?

Guest Respect The 'Taker
There are a lot of people who would kill to have the opportunites Axl has.

Why doesn't he want to perform?

I don't think you understand his mental state at the moment, just like the rest of the world which is on his back.

If the guy is emotionally and mentally ill, then obviously it is going to have negative affects on his musical career. Axl Rose isn't the only musician to end up like this, however, and maybe he has brought too much too soon upon himself - a man who hasn't endured the music scene in 10 years and probably wasn't prepared to tackle it's now very much evolved form.

Whatever it is, i hope Axl gets better and can return to what he began as soon as possible.

Illusion