TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

Official SJL Website Thread

Just wondering, since there's a site for the SWF, shouldn't there be one for the Junior League too? A subsection, at least? Maybe, since the roster changes often, no one bothered making one, but it would certainly help with things like title Holders and History, plus other stuff that the WF site has. Is there another place where this stuff is listed?

Guest HVilleThugg

It's actually a long story. There used to be one...but it was poor. Now, there is none. However, we're in the process of revamping the SWF website to version 2.0, and in there, we'll be including an SJL section. It won't be as robust as the SWF site, but it'll include some small things like stats and stuff like that. With the JL in a constant state of flux, there's no need to generate a robust site for it...also, you get to be a part of the big site as a reward for being bumped to the WF.

Da "and there you have it" H

Guest Longdogger_Pete

In the meantime, I post an SJL Title History on the boards once a month, as well as approximate rankings for the roster, so hopefully that can keep you satiated for the time being.

Guest HVilleThugg

yeah, exactly. it's going to be several months before then new version of the site is up, so don't hold your breath. If you are really, really interested in a SJL type site, by all means, create one. If you need to, you can host it on my server...but that means you won't be able to update it. I'm not a dick, but i'm big on securing my investments, so I'm not giving out passwords and stuff, and i don't have the time to set people up with remote access stuff, and i'm far too lazy to update a second site myself.

Da "but yeah...do one if you want to" H

PS - And what the hell is this about some guy named Ian calling me a fuck. Doesn't he know I will

WRECK...

HIS...

SHIT!

Eh, I don't think I'm even in a position to make one, what with my me being here three whole days. Maybe later on, once I settle in a bit.

And yeah, maybe looking through the board history more thoroughly would help.

Guest HVilleThugg

Meh...whatever. I don't think anyone would be mad if you did one...but I feel ya.

Da "just say you're too lazy to do it" H

I'd be lazy about updating it, but making/designing it wouldn't be so bad. If it'll mostly have things that rarely need updating, then that's fine. But then all you'd really need is a pinned thread on this board.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Whoa, thats actually bad ass. The SJL logo rules, but why is the board in the background?

Guest Powerplay
Decided to try something: http://sjl.lunaticsworld.com

I used the code from these boards as a layout, and worked my way around that. It isn't much, but better than nothing.

Very nice first effort. A note, though: Someone should probably take Edwin off of the staff list in the joining thread since, ya know, he's still in the fade (OMGODZ, I REMEMZORS~!). But other than that, pretty good for a first try.

Whoa, thats actually bad ass. The SJL logo rules, but why is the board in the background?

Just out of necessity, really. There's no other image that can be used as a background (that I could think of) and a plain white, or other solid color backdrop didn't look good. And since this fed operated on a message board, it was appropriate.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

Thugg, Ian is a three year old. And he wrecks enough shit on his own without you adding to the situation.

Now that is a cool site. I used to think I was good with my HTML, and you just put me to shame.

BTW, I think I've been Euro champ MUCH longer than 18 days, by now. ;)

When I read the SJL Crimson card, I figured it was vacant. The part reading "Though Wildchild finally overcame the odds and beat his arch nemesis, Ejiro Fasaki, in a beauty of a match, he's gone up to join the big boys in the SWF, and alas, can't take the JL title with him." seems to indicate that... :unsure:

Yeah, it's been more than 18 days, but I didn't updated the title history, I just used the one that Longdogger posted here. Later on, I might use a script later on to dynamically update the amount of days of the current holder's reign, so everything's always up to date.

Edit: Just put a script up, actually. When a title changes hands, all I have to do is change the date in the code and it'll start counting up from there.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

So, because I was bumped right after my title match, my title "reign" is invalidated?

:: shrugs :: :huh:

Oh, you meant the history. I only copy+pasted that form the boards, for the sake of having it in there, and it hasn't been upsated at all. My mistake, I'll fix it on the next update.

Just wondering, since you don't debut in the SWF until Sunday, are you technically the champion until then, until a new champ is crowned, or is it vacant as of the next SJL show?

Guest HVilleThugg
Thugg, Ian is a three year old. And he wrecks enough shit on his own without you adding to the situation.

What the hell are you talking about LDP??

Oh, that's pretty decent, especially for a first try. The logo rules...

Da "had better do something quick before he is outdone by the noob" H

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

What the hell are you talking about LDP??

Oh, that's pretty decent, especially for a first try. The logo rules...

Da "had better do something quick before he is outdone by the noob" H

Ian is Sydney Sky's real life 3-year-old son, that's basically LDP's kid too, since he's like, raising it with her and all, I guess.

Either way, yes, it's true. Ian certainly *does* wreck yo shit without even trying, Thugg.

- Taylor "Deal Wit' It..." Thompson

Guest WrestlingDeacon

You might want to take Nocturna Bloodmoon off the workers list as she was just a secondary character of Rivenstone's and not an independent different character written by someone else. Putting up some blurbs about the workers would be good too.

All in all I like the lay out, logo and color scheme. It all looks real slick and crisp.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

I believe WC will receive credit for a title reign. The man to ask is LDP, aka Mr. Title History.

For now, I left it at seven days. It seems like the most logical answer. I'll wait for LDP's word though.

I also redid the Champs and Workers pages a bit. The roster has some info about everyone, and the current title holders area is more descriptive.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

Wildchild does receive credit for a title reign. It lasts until the first show he was not in (last night) at which point it officially becomes vacant. So Wildchild officially had the title until January 30th.

I issue new title histories and rankings at the first of every month... which means, the next ones will be out tomorrow.

So there's this problem with the website's host. For some reason, their FTP access decided to stop working. Either that or there's something wrong on my end. Either way, until this is fixed, the URL for the site is http://www.freewebs.com/sjl . Sorry for any inconveniences, and for the lame site address. It's hard to find free hosting with no ads these days.

Note: Could a mod edit the title of this thread to the Official SJL Website Thread? Thank you in advance.

Just thought I'd let you know, the SJL rankings are up on the site now, in the Dogghouse sectiion (I should probably change the menu then...) Also, expect the URL to change to a final one within a week from now, as soon as I start hosting the site on my own server.

As always, suggestions about and contributions to the site are welcome.

Guest HVilleThugg

You're welcome.

Da "lets see what the youngster came up with" H

Sign in to follow this