TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

Storm's Latest Commentary

I don’t have too much to talk about this week. Work has been pretty much status quo, I haven’t been home enough to have anything eventful happen there, and nothing has caught me attention in the news lately. I wasn’t even planning on doing a commentary this week. I figured I would devote a couple hours to the comment board instead. As it turns out I found a bit of extra time on the drive from San Diego to Los Angeles. I would never have even considered working on my computer while Christian drove (I don’t think that’s far to the driver) but last night on the long drive from Fresno to Los Angeles he dug out his Game Cube and started playing football, without even batting an eye, while I was driving, so screw him.

Well now we know where I found the extra time to do this commentary but I still have to come up with a topic. I’ve seen a few movies of late so I figured I could give you a few thought on them. Not a great commentary but it’s got to be more entertaining than not doing one at all.

XXX: I saw this one a couple weeks ago. I’d heard a lot of good things about it so I was debating on whether I would buy the DVD or just rent it. My wife decided to rent it one night and boy am I glad I didn’t buy it. It was a mildly entertaining film but “The little things” that we’ve talked about here many times in the past were just none existent. The stunts were of the charts unbelievable impossible. For no reason what so ever Zander (I can’t even remember for sure if that was even Vin Diesel’s name in the movie. Christian seems to think it was) does all kind of impossible stunts, and don’t even get me started on the script. There are more plot wholes and ridiculous scenes than high spots in a Lucha match. Big thumbs down on this one. The fact that it was a success says a lot about the diminishing standards of Hollywood action flicks.

The Borne Identity: This movie may not have been too bad, but I read the book and there is no going back. I think I heard Robert Ludlum role over in his grave while watching the film. This was about as loosely based on a novel as you could get. I realize you can’t do the Book justice in a 2-hour movie but if they didn’t keep the Jason Borne name of the main character I may not have even made the connection with the Ludlum novel (which is Awesome by the way). I also had a hard time buying Matt Damon as a Kick Ass tough guy. All in all likely a decent movie just not The Borne Identity. Do yourself a favour and pick up the book.

Frailty: This one a lot of you may have missed and I cannot recommend it enough. Wow this was a great movie. It was directed by and co-starred Bill Paxton, and starred Matthew McCaunahey. I’m not usually a Bill Paxton fan but I loved this movie. It had a great plot and some awesome twists. I thought it was extremely well acted and the script was a home run. It’s one of those “Sixth Sense” type film, in that you are looking for that swerve at the end but you never see that last one coming. If you’ve missed this one, GO PICK IT UP.

Ice Age: This one I actually picked up for my kids. It’s one of those computer-animated films. Truth be told I only got to watch the first half hour or so. It was too scary for my kids. My 6-year old, who admittedly isn’t the bravest 6-year old out there, started to cry and asked me to turn it off. I was really enjoying the film; I thought a lot of the dialog was great. The problem is that the plot is actually a bit harsh. There is a humorous duo of a Wooly Mammoth and a Sloth who find a baby and want to return it to its Human parents. A band of Saber Tooth Tigers, who have been hunted by the Human parents, in the past, want to kidnap and kill the baby for revenge. While they do keep the dialog light, I can understand why young kids wouldn’t like a movie based on a bunch of mean animals trying to kill a baby. Likely a good choice for older kids and young at heart adults.

Well that’s about it. I have an exciting life. I haven’t even managed to get to the theater; these are all rentals. Oh well like I said at the start, it may not be great but it’s better than nothing.

Till next week, this will have to do.

Lance

Guest Choken One
Frailty: This one a lot of you may have missed and I cannot recommend it enough. Wow this was a great movie. It was directed by and co-starred Bill Paxton, and starred Matthew McCaunahey. I’m not usually a Bill Paxton fan but I loved this movie. It had a great plot and some awesome twists. I thought it was extremely well acted and the script was a home run. It’s one of those “Sixth Sense” type film, in that you are looking for that swerve at the end but you never see that last one coming. If you’ve missed this one, GO PICK IT UP.

Hey, He DOES have GOOD TASTE!

Guest Repo Man jr

I'm not into books but I loved The Borne Identity personally, best film I saw last year! And I never saw anyone playing a Game Cube in a car before.

Guest notJames

Now, I'm not one to criticize, but...

I’ve seen a few movies of late so I figured I could give you a few thought on them.

...but “The little things” that we’ve talked about here many times in the past were just none existent...

...The stunts were of the charts unbelievable impossible...

...There are more plot wholes...

...The Borne Identity...

...I think I heard Robert Ludlum role over in his grave...

If he really wants to be taken "seriously" as a columnist, he should update his spellchecker.

Heeeey, Lance is a busy guy. Sure, he makes some typos, but frankly, he's probably the most active person when it comes to updating his commentaries in WWE, and you can still get the points....

Guest Repo Man jr

Yeah, and don't forget he was driving a car, playing 2 player Game Cube with Christian, Surfing the net, and typing ALL AT THE SAME TIME! He's very talented really.

He mentioned this on the comment board at one time, I believe. Something about he types fast and the cursor sometimes skips a letter or something. Besides, I'm just glad he updates as much as he does.

CHRISTIAN OWNS A GAMECUBE!! As a PS2 fangirl, and a Christian fangirl, I'm torn. :(

Yeah, and don't forget he was driving a car, playing 2 player Game Cube with Christian, Surfing the net, and typing ALL AT THE SAME TIME! He's very talented really.

Christian was driving while Lance was typing this up. He mentioned the Gamecube incident because Christian started playing it when Lance was driving......and where do you get the '2 player' part at?

Oh, yeah. Christian's the epitome of awesomeness, whereas Edge is the posterboy for acolytes of sucktitude around the world. I mean, how dare he heinously turn on his poor brother at the Rumble? It simple IS NOT DONE.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Has Lance Storm ever directed a movie? How about write a screenplay? Who is he to comment on someone elses work if he has never done it himself?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Lance Storm told me to go watch Frailty...

so I guess I'll be stopping by the video store tonight.

Guest TheCynicalHateMongerFromHell
Duuuuude, where have YOU been? 'Cool' is SOOO last year! Christian just REEKS of awesomeness!

What the hell is wrong with you? You act like a 12 year old Teen Beat subscriber. Quit it.

Guest CanadianChick
Has Lance Storm ever directed a movie?  How about write a screenplay?  Who is he to comment on someone elses work if he has never done it himself?

Do you ever criticize wrestlers? If yes, who are you to criticize their work if you haven't ever wrestled? It's the same thing.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Duuuuude, where have YOU been? 'Cool' is SOOO last year! Christian just REEKS of awesomeness!

What the hell is wrong with you? You act like a 12 year old Teen Beat subscriber. Quit it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Goodear
Has Lance Storm ever directed a movie?  How about write a screenplay?  Who is he to comment on someone elses work if he has never done it himself?

Do you ever criticize wrestlers? If yes, who are you to criticize their work if you haven't ever wrestled? It's the same thing.

That's the joke there CC... Storm is one of those 'If you've never wrestled... you can't pick out a good worker' guys. Ask DEAN~! about it the nexxt time he posts a Workrate report.

Guest EternallyLazy

I completely agree with everything he said. XXX was a giant pile of shit, and it reminded me of how much I hate Vin Diesel