TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pappajacks

Bret hart speaks out...

Guest pappajacks

Part II of Bret Hart's interview aired this evening. It was much more interesting than Part I.

He didn't have some nice words for 3 men in particular: HBK, HHH and Hogan.

He said that HBK was a 2 face hypocrite piece of shit. HBK would bury the hatchet with someone, then 10 minutes later would stab that person in the back. He said that HBK was very insecure.

About Hogan, Hart talked about how Hogan didn't want to pass him the torch. It bothered Bret because at the time, the champion was the highest paid. Thus, Hogan's ego affected his salary.

About HHH, Hart called him a kiss ass. He said he sucked up to Vince all the time. He said HHH wasn't one of the boys.

Hart said if he had to wrestle one more match, it would have been Curt Hennig. But, as he is deceased, he said Benoit. Hart would have liked to wrestle Kurt Angle. Hart had high praise for Kurt.

Hart is very happy for Rock. He said as soon as he saw the Rock, he told Vince that he was the franchise. He had the body, the looks and knew the business as he was a 3rd generation wrestler.

As for Stone Cold, he is very happy for him. He said he deserves all the success he has had. He doesn't understand why Steve never spoke to him again after 1999. He said that Owen and Steve didn't get along. Steve thought that Owen was inconsiderate after he injured Steve. Bret agreed. Bret felt that Owen should have shown more consideration.

Bret biggest regret in wrestling was what happened to Owen. He said that if he was still in the WWF at that time, Owen would not be dead. Owen always asked Bret's opinion on everything. Bret would have refused that Owen do the stunt. Wrestling is not worth dying for he said.

When Bret left for WCW, Vince told him that WCW would not know what to do with you. Bret said that Vince was right. Bret said that Bischoff had no idea how to run a company.

Guest HartFan86
Hart would have liked to wrestle Kurt Angle. Hart had high praise for Kurt.

That match would be so fucking awesome. I mean...damn, fuck Goldberg.

Guest DerangedHermit
Hart would have liked to wrestle Kurt Angle. Hart had high praise for Kurt.

That match would be so fucking awesome. I mean...damn, fuck Goldberg.

Yeah, fuck Goldberg in his bald, bitter-beer-face, fist-in-glass window ass. Any shit (yes, even the current hosses like Gay-Train) could've done what he did.

Guest Trivia247

im glad he isn't sounding so Rabid anti Vince Anti WWE...

his opinions on HBK Hogan and HHH could be right on the money for him at the time.....

Hogan I think would be more of a fresh insult to him because Hogan bashing his Employment in the WCW as the proximent cause of the WCW Downfall Finacially.

HHH well we can leave that unsaid.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

I miss the Hitman so much. I agree with everything he said there, im not buying into the shit HBK is spinning about being a born-again Christian, and I don't think myself and Bret are the only ones.

Speaking of Hogan's salary though, how much do you guys think he is being paid? I mean it's not like he's reeling in millions of fans, but then again he IS Hulk Hogan...

Eh, it's probably too much either way.

UYI - Gunning for..er, Gunners again.

Guest Karnage
Bret Hart and Mick Foley are the two men I have the most respect for in wrestling.

Have they talked to each other lately? Bret ran off a list of all the people who gave him a phone call after his stroke and I don't think I heard Mick's name.

Guest pappajacks
Bret Hart and Mick Foley are the two men I have the most respect for in wrestling.

Have they talked to each other lately? Bret ran off a list of all the people who gave him a phone call after his stroke and I don't think I heard Mick's name.

Bret actually took a shot at Mick, but then retracted.

When the host (Michael Landsberg) asked Bret why his book would be better than the other books out there, Bret said something along the lines of:

Unlike Hogan and Mankind, I appreciate the history of the wrestling business. Hogan and Mankind don't appreciate the history as much as I did, etc.

The host then said: Mankind?

Bret then answered: OK, maybe not Mankind, but many others in the business don't show the proper appreciation.

Guest Shanghai Kid

Use Your Illusion, you don't know Shawn Micheals, so why would you say something that stupid soley based on your hate for him? Wow, one of the more unintelligent things i've heard.

Guest AndrewTS
I miss the Hitman so much. I agree with everything he said there, im not buying into the shit HBK is spinning about being a born-again Christian, and I don't think myself and Bret are the only ones.

No you aren't. That shit he pulled on Raw, mocking Bret IN CANADA shortly after he had his stroke makes it pretty clear what a dickhead he is.

Yeah, fuck Goldberg in his bald, bitter-beer-face, fist-in-glass window ass. Any shit (yes, even the current hosses like Gay-Train) could've done what he did.

Agreed--and what's up with that avatar? I'm guessing it's from something a pre-LOTR Peter Jackson did.

Guest Austin3164life

I think after all the shit that Bret has been through, he's finally speaking his mind in a sensible way. Most of the stuff he has said throughout the years have been caused by resentful and scornful feelings towards Vince, HBK, WCW, etc. I was never a fan of the guy, but he tells it like it is, and I always appreciate that. Kudos to Bret. You think he might make a televised appearance one day?

Guest AndrewTS

It's a shame that in the end, Vince was right--Bisch had no clue how to use Bret.

Let's not even go into Russo's use of him.

Guest Respect The 'Taker
Use Your Illusion, you don't know Shawn Micheals, so why would you say something that stupid soley based on your hate for him? Wow, one of the more unintelligent things i've heard.

I dont need to give examples because 1997 showed how much of a dickhead HBK is, and im fairly sure AndrewTS just covered that point very well.

And i never claimed to hate Shawn Michaels. HBK the performer is arguably the very best i've ever seen, which says a lot. I just don't think a man can be a total, backstabbing asshole one day, then the human incarnation of Christianity the next. People don't change that quickly.

UYI

Bret actually took a shot at Mick, but then retracted.

When the host (Michael Landsberg) asked Bret why his book would be better than the other books out there, Bret said something along the lines of:

Unlike Hogan and Mankind, I appreciate the history of the wrestling business. Hogan and Mankind don't appreciate the history as much as I did, etc.

The host then said: Mankind?

Bret then answered: OK, maybe not Mankind, but many others in the business don't show the proper appreciation.

Yeah I don't see how Foley didn't appreciate the history of the business.

Plus Bret has always had a lot of respect for Mick especially when Mick walked out after the Montreal incident.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Maybe I'm repressing the bad memories here, but with Russo in charge Bret actually got the Title and a pretty prominent role in the company, until Goldberg screwed that all up. Bret as a member of the NWO 14291098 was kinda lame, but it was better than having him as a glorified midcarder fighting guys like Fit Finlay.

Guest AndrewTS
Use Your Illusion, you don't know Shawn Micheals, so why would you say something that stupid soley based on your hate for him?  Wow, one of the more unintelligent things i've heard.

I dont need to give examples because 1997 showed how much of a dickhead HBK is, and im fairly sure AndrewTS just covered that point very well.

And i never claimed to hate Shawn Michaels. HBK the performer is arguably the very best i've ever seen, which says a lot. I just don't think a man can be a total, backstabbing asshole one day, then the human incarnation of Christianity the next. People don't change that quickly.

UYI

Plus, I find it hard to believe if he was serious about his faith that he still wouldn't be able to do anything about HHH's backstage manipulation.

Tell me why HBK would get another title reign if he wasn't his glory-hogging old self?

He thinks "demons" attacked Nash's quad and that's why he's injured. I'd be more apt to think Jesus couldn't take any more of Nash's wrestling.

Guest Austin3164life

I read 95% of the locker-room was ready to boycott after the Montreal incident.

Guest AndrewTS

Maybe I'm repressing the bad memories here, but with Russo in charge Bret actually got the Title and a pretty prominent role in the company, until Goldberg screwed that all up. Bret as a member of the NWO 14291098 was kinda lame, but it was better than having him as a glorified midcarder fighting guys like Fit Finlay.

Playing third fiddle to guys he no doubt hates in real life in another incarnation of the nWo was what I was talking about.

Then we had a decently-built up Goldberg fued, which ended with--okay, not Russo's fault...

At least under Bisch we got some "Dream" matches, including Bret Hart/Chris Benoit finally happening.

Guest AndrewTS

Yeah, and only a handful followed through.

Guest AndrewTS

But only Mick went through with it.

I thought a few others did...

But only Mick went through with it.

I thought a few others did...

Maybe they did.

Mick made it sound like he was the only one in his book. Maybe I read it wrong.

Guest T®ITEC

What about Brian Adams? I heard that he did.. Or was he just leaving the company at that time anyway?