TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tod deKindes

Feedback On Smarkdown

Guest Tod deKindes

I only have one thing to ask:

Where the hell was Michael Buffer?

Guest Suicide King

The only thing I can say that I was really impressed by were the promos. Barring Xero's of course.

Oh, and Danny's match was excellent.

Guest Coffin Surfer

Well, I've read almost everthing but the Main Event.

Just as I predicted Xero was defeated by a no show.

Sorry to see TNT and Annie no show.

I also have no idea what the hell is going on in the Tom Flesher match, I think it just went over my head. The baby seal joke at the end, had me laughing out loud though.

Craven won the triple threat most likely with some weird ass move that took an hour to set up.

I"m sure I one by no show, which is a shame. Dangerous much like Renegade needs to his ass back here, because I did a good job of putting him over as a rising star to look out far. I'm also glad I got a new finisher over.

The Boxing match was excellent, I'll have to take Frost on in one of these sometime in future. Nice to see Mills Lane being used as the ref, and stables as cornermen were a nice touch just like an All Japan match. Frost attempting to sucker punch Kurt Rambis is a mark out moment if there ever was one.

Now everyone who has the time needs to really comment, lets at least try to get 6 replies this time.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

So, two mystery dudes, eh?

The fellow with the long promo pulled off a fairly impressive one, and I'd like it to be who I think it is, though it didn't really feel like his writing style.

The other one was, well, vague. Multi-time champ? Main eventer? Interesting. I smell a potential comedy angle out of this, for some reason, or a total swerve...

The show was...bizarre. The first half of the show was just blasted to all hall, but the last three matches were solid, and I'll try to provide full commentary on them later. Danny, for one, made Johnny D. look way better than he had to. Kudos to Danny for being the pimp of all that is classy.

Next comments aren't so nice. I know that, as someone who hasn't even been active for months now, it's probably not in my realm to say when people aren't doing enough, but as a reader I'm unfortunately uninterested in our From The Fire main event. Men Of Acronyms, you've got two shows to get something going, even if it is just a simple storyline, a few show promos, and a bit of intensity. Right now I've got no reason to read the PPV's headlining match--there's no real rivalry, and aside from a brief promo and some work done by other people in their own matches, there's really nothing there right now. Give me reasons!

Guest Ace309

I'm going to wait, hoping more of the show goes up, before I comment. If it doesn't, I'll try to put some extra time into commenting on what's there.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

I don't understand why I was mentioned in Mystery Promo #1 (Long Form). But it's all good.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

I think I know who both are... but it could be a wild guess.

"A girl like you is way too classy to be a judge. You should really be a ring girl. I know this gig you got with Hef must be sweet, but I know of this guy around the L.A. area, dabbles in wrestling, dabbles in some exotica. Totally tasteful stuff of course. Here’s Rob’s card,”

Line of the night. I've only read the boxing match, hopefully the other matches are a decent read as well...

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

It looks like a good show.

I really don't want to discuss why I no-showed, at all... and probably won't for a while. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

- Taylor "Whatever" Thompson

Guest Goodear

I was also sorry to see TNT and Annie no show ... I would hope that whatever is keeping them from turning stuff in on a more consistent basis is going to resolve itself sooner or later. Cause we need more people to make with the writing. Writing is good.

Tom versus LDP was funny but should probably just be shuffled off to the land of "let us never speak of this again." I hope Tom gets himself a match against someone who isn't crippled or not going to show at the show after next so he can actually write a match again.

Craven won the triple threat most likely with some weird ass move that took an hour to set up.

Craven won with a crossface so it wasn't so bad this time. Actually Michael did a hell of a job simplifying this time out with knocking out a whole lot of the inverted, reverse sort of thing and told a nice little triple threat match story. I liked how he kept going back to the crossface again and again and I hope that he continues to use that in his matches and inserting more and more counters to it as he goes along. I wish he would have used a little more continuity with him and Fugue not getting along from the triple threat they had with Mak. This was really a step in the right direction for the Craven character in my opinion.

Danny put out a good effort against the no showing Dangerous. I liked the sleeper finisher although I think I would have prefered using the hold itself to hold Johnny down for three rather than have Danny release it and make a cover. I found Johnny's use of strategy in the match to be spot on with the use of striking to set up chinlocks while Danny's own attacks took a bit of a backseat for this match. I'm really looking forward to taking Danny on Wednesday and I'm curious to see his take on my character.

The boxing match ruled... only issue I had was that the rounds seemed to go by a little quickly and I thought there should be a little more angst in the Magnificent Seven's corner once things stopped going Frost's way. But all in all, I'm a believer in the match stipulation now. I've done been learned.

Tag match was good if I do say so myself. The small package ending was a little out of nowhere for even my tastes but it seemed like a decent way to get a pin on Mak who has been breaking them out with a passion lately. I was really happy with the use of the concrete floor but I think we could have done more to play off the extra damage that it causes, especially when Fasaki got sent to the floor.

And there you have it.

Guest redbaron51

I thought I would have enough time to actually finish the promo...but the funeral and the burryial ceremony delayed it a bit...

plus i busted a flat on the high way :angry:

Guest Suicide King

Well, since you haven't PMed any of CC I'm going to assume you're still active then, Xero.

Since I don't have much time, I'll just say Danny's match was excellent. I don't know if I could beat that even if I wrote. Thanks for putting my character over so well. Sadly I don't think I have the time to write 6000 word matches anymore with work and now school. If I could tag team I could do it, because it would only be 3000 or so words.

Anyways all the matches I read were pretty damn good. :)

Guest redbaron51

what both chornic no-showers equals match handed in???

nice trick

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Just read the tag match... a well written and funny read. I am such a Mak mark though. Kind of disappointed with some of the ring psychology and tag team tactics... while some of the stuff was a nice twist. I guess the ending left a slight sour taste in my mouth. It was nice to see them put over the Carnival and all... I guess the build up left for a weak finish. Ah well.