TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MooreMark

American Idol II

I am going to predict that Clay is going to win this entire competition.

He got the loudest cheers on the results show from the teenyboppers. I guess the 14 yr olds love his nerdy-yet-sexy vibe he gives off. Hell, Paula sounds like she’s going to pee on herself anytime she gives him a critique, and she’s basically a teenybopper, even if she is 40. The only thing standing in Clay’s way will be Simon’s critiques. He’ll be giving the same each week (he thinks Clay’s too Broadway), but Clay needs to resist the urge to talk back.

Simon clearly wants Ruben to win, the only problem the guy looks like he’s going to have a heart attack when he performs. He was having breathing problems the other night. He’s doomed to finish in fifth or sixth place, in my opinion, and I fully expect Simon to do a lot of pouting when that finally happens.

Kimberly Locke can not win, after Simon compared her performance to a Burger King commercial. That was a dirty trick because I think the comment had less to do with the flame graphics in the background and more to do with her weight. Not that I care anyway, because I want her to leave. So, I am glad Simon sabotaged her chances.

Guest tank_abbott

Was anyone else kinda disturbed by the fact that the 2 "heavy" ladies were among the 3 Who were in danger of being voted off...

Damn us Americans and our obession with looks!

*Former Fat Fuck now Fit Fuck sits down, pouts*

Guest starvenger
If you watched the show on Weds. he and the blonde chick were really into each other. Plus, he kissed a chicks hand... He must be gay. I mean, good lord if he were straight we'd all be outta business.

Ah, the old "pretend you're gay to gain the girl's confidence and then tell her you're straight and shag her" trick. It's scary how one image makeover can turn a guy from geek to mack...

Was anyone else kinda disturbed by the fact that the 2 "heavy" ladies were among the 3 Who were in danger of being voted off...

I think Vanessa was voted out on the basis of the "scripted" line with Ryan. If I were to have picked a bottom 3 I would have replaced Vanessa with Charles. Julia and Kimberley L just didn't have it that day, and deserved their placements.

Kimberly Locke's Burger King comparision was great with her red outfit, the flames and the nasty ass hair not to mention the song titled heatwave.

I like Kim C because she has presence something Julia doesn't have. Out of the girls I'm voting for Trenyce. Julia rules though loved her outfit on the first top 12 show.

Out of the guys I have a feeling it's going to be Clay or Ruben there both the odds on favourites. Corey is up there too I don't know why but he is.

Guest starvenger
Out of the guys I have a feeling it's going to be Clay or Ruben there both the odds on favourites. Corey is up there too I don't know why but he is.

3 reasons: a good voice, stage presence and Moochie Norris' hair...

Guest fairtoflair7

What does everyone here have against people singing Journey? They are pretty good even though they are older now. They have some good songs the idols can sing.

Anyway , I heard the theme next week is BILLY JOEL, HELL YEA. He is my favorite. He'll be the guest judge next week and I can't wait.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Randy Jackson was in Journey (so he says).

AIII needs Steve Perry now more than ever. The world needs Steve Perry now more than ever. Run to us Steve - with Open Arms.

BILLY JOEL! Alright, who wants to play the match up game! Clay sings "only the good die young" - I'll be your life on it.

Guest fairtoflair7

Clay's either singing that or Uptown Girl. I really can't pick the other though on what they wil sing. It's very hard.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I can see Joshua singing 'Piano Man'. Corey singing 'in the middle of the night'.

Guest fairtoflair7

Well, you may be right but I heard at some point they will do Billy Joel songs. It may be next week or it may not. I just got mine from a source. He may be wrong... He may be right. Who knows but who cares

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Movie Songs? Ah crap. They already do a billion movie songs already.

If you go here, you can download three clips from Kelly Clarkson's new album.

The songs are:

1. Miss Independent

2. Some Kind of Miracle

3. What's Up Lonely

These are just clips, not the full songs. She will perform one of these songs on this week on American Idol.

Guest ant_7000

Is it me, I think Charlie and Kimberly Caldwell have something going on? I notice when they did the group performance they were the only ones holding hands. I also notice when he got the voted off the camera zoomed right on Kimberly first, and then when Charlie sing his song to end the show she was first person to hug up on him. I feel Charlie should've got the boot thou but he did pick a bad song that didn't compliment his voice well. I feel Julia should got voted off.

Guest Bloodice

I think it's going to come down to Josh, Clay and Rueban. Those are the best ones on the show and ALL of the judges marvel over those three the most.

As for Kim, she doesn't do it for me. The burger king flames remark sticks out in my head. I almost have to mute the tv when she comes on because her voice is so god awful.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

I felt bad that Charles got voted off, but that song was not for him. I don't get how Carmen is still in this!! To me she flat out sucks and killed one of my favorite songs from my favorite movie (Grease). Her voice gets too high pitched at times and I think what's saving her could be her looks.

Guest starvenger

Well, every singer has their fans, so it's possible that the number of fans for Julia and Carmen are currently outnumbering the more practical voters.

Anyways, since Julia was in the bottom 3 both times maybe we can assume (I know, I know. ass u me. just work with me here) that Julia didn't win over the casual voters with her singing and her votes stayed constant, meaning that she would be ranked at #10 both weeks. It also means that she'll have to seriously step it up to stay in the competition.

Guest Black Lushus

Rueben SHOULD win based on talent, Clay WILL win based on looks and popularity (he really isn't that bad a singer either) and Julia Demotta, no matter how fine she is, should have been dropped on the very first cut show...Josh is too country sounding, I'm waiting for Simon to tell him he should be on Nashville Star, not American Idol...Kimberly C. sucks badly and she's really not all that great looking either, she needs to go...Trenyce kicks ass too...

Guest oldschoolwrestling
Clay WILL win based on looks and popularity (he really isn't that bad a singer either)

Looking like an elf is a good thing?

Guest Black Lushus
Clay WILL win based on looks and popularity (he really isn't that bad a singer either)

Looking like an elf is a good thing?

Okay you got me there! I should say, based on popularity only...but if you base the cheers he gets, elfish looks must be the in thing, perhaps?

Guest starvenger

Well, it looks like the elf had an off night - although an off night for him was still better than half of the others. My rankings, from top to bottom:

Ruben

Josh

Clay

Kim C

Rickey

Corey

Julia

Kim L

Carmen

Trenyce

I notice that they skedded it from 8:30-9:30 so that Survivor watchers can watch the elimination portion and skip the song and dance crap. Smart move by Fox, but I think that puts it against the Bachelor, right?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Clay really exposed himself last night as being a one-tune wonder... but its a really nice tune... Shame he keeps putting the focus on the "R"s

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Anything said on next weeks theme? How about crappy brit-pop?

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Julia's gone, Kimberly barely survived and Ricky got the third lowest vote. I'm really beginning to hate how Paula, Fat Jackson and the host guy rip on Simon to make themselves look good. They are spineless when it comes to giving criticism and when the put the 3 people up for elimination they all say that none of them deserve to be up there. If they stepped up and actually gave some criticism, America would know who to vote off.