TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MooreMark

American Idol II

Guest starvenger
Anything said on next weeks theme? How about crappy brit-pop?

Nothing wrong with Britpop, if they bring in Rachel Stevens (S Club) as a guest judge. I'd be all for it.

Then again, they'd probably all pick pop ballads, so maybe that's not a good thing.

I'm really beginning to hate how Paula, Fat Jackson and the host guy rip on Simon to make themselves look good. They are spineless when it comes to giving criticism and when the put the 3 people up for elimination they all say that none of them deserve to be up there. If they stepped up and actually gave some criticism, America would know who to vote off.

I've got no problem with Ryan being supportive. He's the host, so ripping on people isn't what he's paid to do. Randy's been doing a bit of criticism, but it goes unnoticed since Paula and the guest judge heap on the praise before Simon adds in his 2 cents.

This competition is Ruben's to lose. The only thing I had thought would hold him back would be his size, but then I figured that they'd just make him into a Luther Vandross or Peabo Bryson for the kids, which would figure to give him great crossover appeal with the Adult Contemporary crowd.

Guest Vern Gagne

If the theme next week is Brit-pop. Than I bet has a group they sing Wake me Up before you go-go.

Guest starvenger

If they did BritPop, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sing an S Club song, seeing as Simon Fuller manages them in addition to his company producing American Idol. Some may say that it's akin to nepotism, but given that this year's AI has had a woman posing as an underage nude model, a guy arrested for a homicide, and now a former shoplifter (Trenyce) noone would really blink an eye.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I really liked last night's show. With Corey Clark getting the boot, Prince and Morris Day's love child being the special guest judge, Simon going off on the elf boy, fat country marine getting clowned, Simon making a gay reference about Ryan and then Ryan flipping him off......good stuff.

Guest imajackoff?

Im personally a Kimberly Locke mark. With this Cory guy getting the boot, is there going to be a week where no one gets elimated??

Guest starvenger
I really liked last night's show. With Corey Clark getting the boot, Prince and Morris Day's love child being the special guest judge, Simon going off on the elf boy, fat country marine getting clowned, Simon making a gay reference about Ryan and then Ryan flipping him off......good stuff.

If the guest judge is from EW&F, doesn't that make Prince HIS love child? Just a thought.

Josh the Marine wasn't good at all - he might get the boot...

Thre are eliminations.

I hate Kimberly Locke she's so fricking annoying.

My favourite last night was Trenyce. Then Ruben. I'm glad to see elfy got chopped up he makes everything sound like a musical.

Kim C looked great as did Carmen.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Swerve!!!! No eliminations this week. I can't believe Carmen and Trenyce were up for elimination this week. They put on very good performances the night before. Keibler elf and fat country marine and Idiot Hercules all put on crap shows the night before. Man, I hate the way America votes.

Guest starvenger
Swerve!!!! No eliminations this week. I can't believe Carmen and Trenyce were up for elimination this week. They put on very good performances the night before. Keibler elf and fat country marine and Idiot Hercules all put on crap shows the night before. Man, I hate the way America votes.

Well, you gotta remember that at this point a lot of people are still voting for their favourites. I don't think we'll see any voting based on merit until the final five.

I wanted to smack the host to Bolivia for pressing Simon on who should have been bottom 3. Based on the previous night, it could only have been one guy - Josh the marine. Speaking of which, what's the fuss about his not being over in Iraq? I mean, if his unit hasn't been called into action, he can't exactly go, right?

Right now Ruben is way in front. Clay is on autopilot right now, and that could bite him in the ass later if he doesn't bring it every week.

Guest oldschoolwrestling
I wanted to smack the host to Bolivia for pressing Simon on who should have been bottom 3. Based on the previous night, it could only have been one guy - Josh the marine. Speaking of which, what's the fuss about his not being over in Iraq? I mean, if his unit hasn't been called into action, he can't exactly go, right?

I guess word initially came out that his unit was in Iraq and he wasn't, which is incorrect. That pissed people off, and I guess not to many of them realize he said when his unit goes, so does he.

It also pisses me off when they push Simon but when Paula and Randy every week say to the doomed 3 that they don't belong there but won't step up and say who should be there.

Guest starvenger
It also pisses me off when they push Simon but when Paula and Randy every week say to the doomed 3 that they don't belong there but won't step up and say who should be there.

I believe that Paula would shoot herself before revealing that information.

Hmmm...

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Lionel Richie as special guest judge, good choice.

Simon giving praise early and often, weird.

Randy not liking much, weird.

Paula agreeing with Randy's critiques, weird.

Reuben, the man.

Carmen, love her more every week.

Elf boy, sucked ass, but got praise.

Fat chick, pretty good.

Other blonde chick, sucked.

Ricky, ghey.

Marine, country wannabe.

Black chick, great singer, will never get Simon to admit it.

Guest starvenger

Lionel Ritchie's hairstyle hasn't changed all that much, has it? I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Clay - Billy Vera and the Beaters had a number 1? I remember this song from Family Ties where there was some crisis between Alex and Ellen. Anyways, this was pretty good, but Clay's basically done the exact same thing every week. He needs to stop doing ballads.

Kimberley Locke - Well, it wasn't near as annoying as hearing Celine Dion sing it, that's for sure. Not too bad.

Rickey - What was that comment from Happy Gilmore about Endless Love? A pretty good performance, I thought. I kinda like the fact that he's picking songs that are diverse - as an underdog, he's gotta go for broke.

Kimberley Caldwell - Of all the Bryan Adams songs, why this one? Couldn't she have sang 'Heaven' instead?

Josh - I thought he was gonna sing 'I Swear', to be honest. Country-izing songs isn't the worst thing he could do, but another disco-esque specialized theme week (like, say, new wave) and he's toast.

Carmen - Low energy performance for a high energy song, and she sounds like she's braying sometimes. I think she's gone this week.

Trenyce - Was this song written by David Foster or Diane Warren? She was all over the place, pitch-wise, but carried the song well. She's got great presence. She'll be bottom 3 again based on last week, though.

Ruben - As long as he doesn't try to coast too much, he's winning. He's done the most diverse range of songs, AND he's always picking the ones that suit him well. If you look really close you can see Simon drooling over the potential financial windfall from this guy.

Anyways, bottom 3 is the same as last week, and young Carmen is eliminated.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Kim C, Trenyce & Carmen were all terrible and could be eliminated. They all were near the bottom last week too.

Rueben has it easier than Kelly did last year after Tamrya was eliminated. Only Clay is even on the radar screen.

Guest fairtoflair7

Yea, I agree w/Kahran. All 3 of those girls will be next. I really didn't like Kim C's performance this week. That Byan Adams song is not meant to be sung by a women. It just doesn't sound right. Carmen was also pretty bad but I think she is more marketable then Kim C. Kim L was pretty bad. I really don't think she should still be here.

I thought Ricky was pretty good as was Josh. Clay was decent but he could have picked a Much better song.

Guest starvenger

Quick update (within the spoiler tags)

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Bottom 3: Kimberly, Kimberly and Rickey.

Kimberly Locke is highest of the 3, and Rickey "Hercules" Smith is eliminated.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Clay, the gay elf, seems to be hittin Carmen, the 17 year old non-gay non-elf. I mean, you could sense it before because out of all the 'pairings' that AI sets up for the group song they are the most into each other, and tonight he practically whipped it out and smacked her on her non-elf forehead...

But this confuses me...

Shouldn't Clay be attracted to Men? Gay Men? Gay Elf Men? It all doesn't make sense...

Guest phoenixrising

From what I've seen Clay and Kimberly Caldwell also seem to be very friendly with each other too. Lucky ass, but I'd like to know what kind of lines he's using cause Carmen and Kim C. are pretty hot IMO.

Guest oldschoolwrestling
From what I've seen Clay and Kimberly Caldwell also seem to be very friendly with each other too. Lucky ass, but I'd like to know what kind of lines he's using cause Carmen and Kim C. are pretty hot IMO.

Kimberly Caldwell is dating departed idol JD Adams. They even addressed it on a show a few weeks ago.

So glad to see Ricky go and Carmen not in the bottom 3.

Guest starvenger
Clay, the gay elf, seems to be hittin Carmen, the 17 year old non-gay non-elf. I mean, you could sense it before because out of all the 'pairings' that AI sets up for the group song they are the most into each other, and tonight he practically whipped it out and smacked her on her non-elf forehead...

But this confuses me...

Shouldn't Clay be attracted to Men? Gay Men? Gay Elf Men? It all doesn't make sense...

You'd think so, but maybe Clay is straight and is using the 'gay vibes' to mack on the ladies. Of course, maybe he's a switch hitter.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

That's what I am thinkin, he get's in to "the girls club" by actin gay talkin bout shoes and hair care and Cosmo and thin models (I bet his real name isn't "Clay", it's probably 'Dave' or 'Fred') and then they all want to try to turn him. That's evil Elf genius right there.

Guest fairtoflair7

Clay is mad lucky b/c Carmen is smokin. Kim C isn't to off tier either.

Guest starvenger
Clay is mad lucky b/c Carmen is smokin. Kim C isn't to off tier either.

I'm about 12 years older than Carmen, so to me she's 2 words:

'jail' and 'bait'

Guest starvenger

Well, FINALLY it was Billy Joel Week, and the kids did... ok, I guess. My thoughts:

-Kimberley Caldwell, "It's Still Rock And Roll To Me" - It seemed like she took a bit to get warmed up, and then she was on.

- Ruben Studdard, "Just The Way You Are" - All I can say is, damn, he's good. Still the front runner

- Kimberley Locke, "New York State of Mind" - Solid, nice look this week

- Carmen Rasmussen, "And So It Goes" - Um, what the fuck was that? I thought I knew the song, and that wasn't it. Barring some serious autodialing, she's gotta be gone this week.

- Joshua Gracin, "Piano Man" - A little country, not too bad. Simon was right, there wasn't that little extra energy to it.

- Trenyce, "Baby Grand" - That was very sultry. I think I needed a smoke after that. I agree with the host - I wouldn't have minded being the mike there.

- Clay "elf mack daddy" Aiken, "Tell Her About It" - He started off with the usual, but then switched it up enough so that he at least sounded different. But it still sounds like he's coasting, compared to the others.

Ranking:

Ruben

Trenyce

Clay

Kimberley L

Josh

Kimberley C

Carmen

Again, I think Carmen goes this week.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Not only is my lovely Carmen going this week, she sounded and looked really bad. Her dress was ugly, her face was all broken out, and her singing was dreadful, to steal a word from Simon.

I think America likes Josh too much to put him in the bottom 3 even though he deserves it. So the bottom 3 will be Carmen and the 2 Kimberly's with Kimberly Locke being saved and Carmen getting the boot.

And by the way, Smokey Robinson's look scares me.

Guest starvenger

It was nowhere near as scary as the Earth, Wind and Fire guy though.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

It was nowhere near as scary as the Earth, Wind and Fire guy though.

Earth, Wind and Fire guy reminded me of the character Eddie Murphy played in Coming to America where they were at the church function and the lead singer of the band had become some type of one hit wonder and sang "I Believe the Children are the Future". He also reminds me of Prince/Morris Day's love child. Hard to say if he is scarier than Smokey though.