TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dmann2000

Smackdown SYM Question

Guest Dmann2000

I have a question, I just got a PS2 and Smackdown for it last night. And I'm playing in career mode. It seems no matter who I choose I do great for the first 2 months. Once June hits it's like the AI becomes invincible and suddenly I can't do a damn thing. Is this common for everyone else in the game, or is this some weird glitch? I could beat Undertaker with a backslide in April and in June I can barely squeak past Billy Gunn.

Guest Lightning Flik
I have a question, I just got a PS2 and Smackdown for it last night. And I'm playing in career mode. It seems no matter who I choose I do great for the first 2 months. Once June hits it's like the AI becomes invincible and suddenly I can't do a damn thing. Is this common for everyone else in the game, or is this some weird glitch? I could beat Undertaker with a backslide in April and in June I can barely squeak past Billy Gunn.

It's not a glitch. It's a really sad learning curve that just spikes in April to June (somewhere in there).

Cause, I was playing as my CAW Nightmare and I was destroying everyone left, right and center. Then came along Test in KotR and I get burned out of an Undisputed Championship. I got three more attempts before Armeggedon (when I won it), but I got punked out every single attempt.

So yes, the learning curve just suddenly picks up in intensity after a couple of months. Really don't like it, but meh...

Guest Dmann2000

Phew, for a minute their I thought I got a messed up copy, oh well, I'll just practice my timing in exhibitions and go from there.

Guest Dace59

Why does everyone think that id being really diffcult means they have a messed up copy?

The amount of code that would have to be programmed differently to make it harder is huge.

Just... ok, I'm probably thinking more technical than some, but still.

More superstar points = easier time.

Learn tatics and how the game works and cheats.

Practice in non seaon mathces, and if you have it on Smackdown difficulty, the computer has a reversal sensor. Yes, it does.

Honestly, I've never noticed any change in difficulty. But, then again, I'm only renting the game, sooo... *shrug*

Currently, I'm using Jericho in career mode, and he just goes right through everyone.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

I actually don't find it hard AT ALL. I've never had the setting off 'Smackdown' difficulty, and even that's a pushover if you know what your doing in there.

However, I'm not surprised i find Triple H & Undertaker the hardest bastards in there, pricks.

UYI

Guest kane3212321

Jericho when he does those three kicks to the gut then a move issuch a bitch it's not funny.

Guest Dmann2000

Well I guess if you play as Undertaker you'll be fine, it's got a little tougher, but maybe I'm just getting use to the controls now. 3 months in as champ My main challengers were Rock, Edge, RVD and DDP.

Guest TheBigCalbowski

I've found that the easiest way to go through season mode is with someone who has a submission finisher.

Guest JHawk

I pretty much rolled through it with DDP and did fairly well with the CAW of myself.

It got a bit harder in June/July, but unless I was in a three way or four way I didn't have too much trouble.

Guest Dmann2000

Yeah, with Undertaker so far I've enjoyed a 7+ month reign as Champ.

May I just say that the storylines here have been so much better than the real thing. Get the video game guys to do the writing. Best part....no HHH.

Guest Dmann2000
I've found that the easiest way to go through season mode is with someone who has a submission finisher.

True, with Taker I keep hitting the Dragon sleeper and it knocks em out pretty quick.

Guest Dmann2000

Here we go Survivor Series 6-man Elimination

Undertaker vs Stone Cold vs The Rock vs Brock vs Jericho vs Van Dam

Guest J*ingus

I used Stone Cold, who seems nearly invincible at times. Hogan is another good one. But the storylines do really odd things. Like, I specifically put my guy Austin on Raw, but then I end up feuding with Chuck Palumbo for MONTHS... on Smackdown. WTF?

Guest crandamaniac

I found after you do the whole recruiting storyline, it tends to get a bit tougher on whatever the opposite show is for you. And the Rock on this game is a bitch for me. He kicks my ass with those damn punches, and then pins me.

Guest WukenBloodstar

I find HHH is a bitch. I used my CAW Wuken Bloodstar and I had to hit him nine times to finally pin him. I hate it when he'll use three punchs, a DDT and repeat. He beat me twice doing that.

I think I should put the difficulty setting on Hard or something, but it's been a cakewalk for me on normal [as Jericho]. Do a few moves, knock the guy down, do a moonsault [or whatever the move is...it's been a while since I rented it] off the top rope which REALLY builds up the Smackdown meter, hit Walls of Jericho, pin. The only time I had any trouble was during the nWo days when Nash and Hogan double-teamed me.

Just curious...why does Hogan have his 'Red and Yellow' video even when he's in the nWo? I just found that odd.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

You can unlock Hollywood's nWo video through career mode which will go with his New World Order entrance, which rules all.

This game is great. I NEVER get tired of beating the living shit through Undertaker & Triple H as The Rock.

Rocky is so Jesus.

UYI

The best thing is, if you get bored of playing as your guy all the time, or you have time on your hands, you can play almost EVERY match before yours by cliking Play instead of Skip or whatever.

Makes up for the fact it's the same story every time, and even if you're Kidman Vince/Flair thinks you're important for his brand's success. And the fact Raw guys are on Smackdown and vice versa. And some things don't make sense...but hey, it's only a game

Guest Zero_Cool

A tip on Rocky's annoying but life sucking punches. Toe kick his ass before he can at least hit you the third time...you got to button mash though to get it in.

Worst thing ever, though...I lost in the second WM main event..to Kane.

I even got a new style of tights for that match, too! ;)

Guest TheBigCalbowski
Does anyone know how to unlock the Divas movie in the theater?

Pick a character that's got a good finisher. I did it with Austin and get 100 in No Time Limit Slobberknocker. Usually one stunner will give you a KO. If not, just pin them afterwards. After you get them out, keep taunting till the next guy gets in.

Guest Trivia247

the one obvious glitch I've seen so far is that during the 6 man tag match they never tag out the third guy independantly youy have to phyiscally knock down the second wrestler from the apron when the wrestler in the ring goes to tag.

Guest crandamaniac

Playing as HHH is easy. I beat Spike in 1 min with a spinebuster

Guest Respect The 'Taker
I find HHH is a bitch. I used my CAW Wuken Bloodstar and I had to hit him nine times to finally pin him. I hate it when he'll use three punchs, a DDT and repeat. He beat me twice doing that.

No way in hell i'd fuck with a dude named 'Wuken Bloodstar'.

Sounds as though he eats his opponents.

The biggest thing I had to contend with was the slowdown in action when transitioning from Just Bring It... but I will trade that for the ability of plowing your opponent through the announce tables ANY DAY. :headbang:

The game itself took from Yuke's earlier incarnations which were based on the NJPW promotion... the graphics are better of course but its basically the same game.... I just wish that reversals were a bit easier to pull off without it being a reversal-fest like it was in JBI...

Anyway, it comes down to select the right moves, not tjust those that look cool... I fell victim to that when I made my own CAW. I could go into the little tricks I have learned with moves just off using the toe kick, which always sets up my smackdown, unless I have one that I can deliver from behind...

The best methods of avoiding the Rock's sequence of punches is to run in another direction away from him, if done right, he will swing and miss and you can pulls a move on him.

::sighs:: time to get ready for work... more later...