TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EL DANDY~!

And so it begins...

OK. So...it has started. To tell you the truth, I'm kinda just...well, unaffected. The 5 o'clock PST deadline passed, and I'm just sitting around watchin TV, still. Not watching the news, of course. You guys, after all the anxiety, with the war actually started...anything different? You feel more anxious now? I'm just waiting for that day in the next three weeks when they say that Baghdad is done for and Sadaam is done for. That's all that's changed for me.

Guest Downhome

I will be honest, and say that I am about as anxious right now, than I ever have been in my entire life. I feel like we are about to watch a true world-altering event fold out before our eyes, for better or for worse.

I am personally consumed by this, and truly do pray, wish, and hope for everything to go as smoothly as possible.

I must say however, that I am a little uneasy, something just doesn't "feel right" to me.

Guest Anglesault

Apparently the Iraqi soldiers just tried to surrender to Kuwatis. Nothing has started, so they were told to go away.

Guest Vern Gagne

Nothing yet. Action over the no fly zone earlier today, but nothing official.

Guest Downhome

You know guys, it could be 24-48 hours before anything really gets underway.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Was watching MSNBC because Fox was playing Oreilly (eew, I'll never watch that blowhard again) and CNN was playing Connie Chung.

Then rain moved into our area and killed the DirecTV signal :angry:

So now I'm just waiting for useful news to begin on either Fox (not likely for a few hours yet) or CNN, as I can listen to audio-only feeds of those stations on my XM Radio.

However, until then, it's a good dose of XM's 90s and MIX channel. Oddly, XM Radio is also satelite-based, but is not affected by rains or storms. Rock on. :headbang:

Guest RenegadeX28

Well, it was crazy watching the live shots of Baghdad. Imagine all of a sudden.....WHAM! BOMBS OVER BAGHDAD!

Guest Jobber of the Week

Well, 6PM finally came and CNN went to Larry King... Ugh. Fox is playing Hannity & Beatdown Victim, which is no better.

So my choices are Sam Donaldson on ABC News & Talk, or war updates on BBC World Service. I went with the Beeb.

At least I have a truckload of news channels.

Guest teke184

Air raid sirens are going off over Baghdad and there are flashes in the dawn sky there.

Guest teke184

I want to see satellite pictures of an EMP bomb going off later... I'd LOVE to see Saddam's tanks going balls-to-the-wall and then just coming to a halt.

Guest Downhome

Wow, that was quick. Ari said it's begun, and that President Bush to speak at 10:15, EST.

Guest Downhome

Am I the only one uneasy with seeing what we are seeing now, and knowing what we will be seeing soon?

Guest Eagan469

They're expecting 2 attacks against "leadership figures" in Bagdhad with F-117 stealth fighters, B-52's and cruise missles

Guest Downhome
They're expecting 2 attacks against "leadership figures" in Bagdhad with F-117 stealth fighters, B-52's and cruise missles

Yep, this is a cruise missle attack, not the full blown start of the war.

Guest bob_barron

Wow.

I can't believe it started. May God bless those who are fighting for America

Guest wwF1587

this is surreal... i am anxious... yet somewhat saddened... i am kind of more anxious to hear what the prez will say...i just coming home from work and i turn the television on and i see baghdad and hear bombs and am just kinda shocked...

Guest Anglesault
Air raid sirens are going off over Baghdad and there are flashes in the dawn sky there.

That's all I can say. That statement, along with the perfect wording, just gave me chills. This is surreal.

Guest HartFan86

All you can do is just sit back and watch in disbelief. Just sad that it's gone to this.

Guest TheBandit

I'm glad it's finally started though. Now it can end quickly and we can get on with our lives.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

You guys act like you've never seen a war on TV before.

I fear for the American & allied troops too, but nothing is happening yet. It was just a cruise missle.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Update for those without TV: You can't see jack squat. It's just reports.

For those who don't know what to watch, I'd like to point out this article. Looks like Faux News is barred from Iraq. :lol:

Guest cartman

Nice, NBC is reporting that they are getting information from senior military officials thatn there will be 2 waves of bomber attacks launched tonight. This is strange that we announce this on the news is it not?

Guest HartFan86
You guys act like you've never seen a war on TV before.

I don't think it really matters...War is surreal either way. It was surreal watching us bomb Afghanastain after 9/11, even though we've seen it before.