TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EL DANDY~!

And so it begins...

Guest Vyce
While it's HIGHLY unlikely, let's think about this for a moment. Let's say that they did hit their target, Sadam, and he was killed along with other higher up members of the Iraqi government. Then let's go on to say that it led to the Iraqi govt. just giving in, and this war ended with almost no deaths at all...

...what would the world THEN say about the US and Bush?

It would arguably go down as the greatest military victory of the past 100 years. Imagine it - a war won with "one shot".

It would be absolutely an awful day for most Democrats / liberals, as well as the international community, because it would be a victory for Bush & Co. of near Biblical proportions.

Guest Jobber of the Week
:lol: LMAO, he really said that on TV?

sound clip

Bouncing between MSNBC and NBC right now. Probably will switch between one and CNN soon.

Guest Eagan469

a CBS military analyst just said the attack they just launched cost approximately 50 million dollars

Guest JMA
a CBS military analyst just said the attack they just launched cost approximately 50 million dollars

Damn. What exactly did they attack?

Guest Vern Gagne
Update for those without TV: You can't see jack squat. It's just reports.

For those who don't know what to watch, I'd like to point out this article. Looks like Faux News is barred from Iraq. :lol:

Like I've said before, it's ALWAYS an appropirate time to bash Faux News. :D

Humor is a good thing in times like this.

Doesn't humor have to be funny,

Guest Downhome

Damn. What exactly did they attack?

Sadam, literally.

Guest JMA
Doesn't humor have to be funny,

JotW was being funny. Thus, the humor. Although, you might not find it humorous if you lean to the Right.

Guest Tyler McClelland
While it's HIGHLY unlikely, let's think about this for a moment. Let's say that they did hit their target, Sadam, and he was killed along with other higher up members of the Iraqi government. Then let's go on to say that it led to the Iraqi govt. just giving in, and this war ended with almost no deaths at all...

It would arguably go down as the greatest military victory of the past 100 years. Imagine it - a war won with "one shot".

It would be absolutely an awful day for most Democrats / liberals, as well as the international community, because it would be a victory for Bush & Co. of near Biblical proportions.

That is the most utterly stupid comment I've ever heard in my life.

I'm praying they hit Saddam because quite frankly, it'll save the lives of troops, some of which I know personally.

Fuck you for assuming that.

Guest Vern Gagne

I know it was meant to be humerous, but FoxNews being banned in Baghad doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Guest Eagan469

Who's that coming, from somewhere up in the sky...

carebears.jpg

AH SHIT! CRUISE MISSLE!

:D

Guest JMA

I'm praying they hit Saddam because quite frankly, it'll save the lives of troops, some of which I know personally.

Same here. I don't like Bush but I hope he succeeds in taking out Saddam.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Dan Rather made an unintentional funny. He was talking about trenches of oil surrounding Baghdad that some may have been set on fire.

He called it a "crude" defense.

CBS also reported that 3 dozen cruise missles were fired at the target followed up by 2,200lb bunker busters. This was apparently on one bunker.

Guest Downhome

I understand what you guys are saying, but you can't honestly sit there and say that some Demcrats wouldn't be a bit ill at the way Bush got it done, thus proving them wrong. I'm not saying all, but I'm certain many would feel this way. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if someone proclaimed Bush as being a war criminal for assasinating Sadam, trying to make Bush out to be some evil bastard.

Guest Tyler McClelland

I understand what you guys are saying, but you can't honestly sit there and say that some Demcrats wouldn't be a bit ill at the way Bush got it done, thus proving them wrong. I'm not saying all, but I'm certain many would feel this way. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if someone proclaimed Bush as being a war criminal for assasinating Sadam, trying to make Bush out to be some evil bastard.

No.

I refuse to admit that would be even remotely the case.

You can't say that this proves anyone right or wrong. It's a blessing that we may have saved thousands of lives, and I fail to see how you could openly state that someone would be ANGRY at that being the case.

That's pathetic.

Guest Jobber of the Week

If they took out Saddam with one shot, Bush might try to take the credit, but all the credit must go to our military's strategic generals, and the Air Force.

I think everyone of both parties would be happy if the war ended with 0 U.S. casualties and cost only 50 million.

Guest Downhome

To think everyone would be just happy, all around, with NO ONE being in the line of thinking as I stated above, to me is not being realistic. I wouldn't agre with them, obviously, but to say that no one would feel that way is just something I couldn't see.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Yeah. War is war. Now that it's underway I hope it's as successful as it possibly can be for our nation and for the world.

Only jackasses and the brutally retarded would wish for this to go awry in any way, shape, or form. People will protest US involvement, yes, but I don't think even the most leftist people in America are hoping for a disaster.

Guest Downhome

Tom Brokaw (sp?) just said that where they targeted was where Sadam and his higherups were having a meeting about military strategy, and that they know he was there.

Guest HartFan86

40 missles were shot at this ONE bunker. Whatever is in there isn't now.

Guest Jobber of the Week
CNN is reporting the attack was meant to take out Hussein.

Well given that Saddam is the target of this whole production, I think CNN has a Pulitzer coming.

Guest Downhome

I still can't fucking believe there is a CHANCE, that they have eliminated the higherups in the Iraqi government. This is, well, nothing I would have dreamed would have happened.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I hope Special Forces can collect the body ASAP if it's true.

Guest Vyce

And Fuck You for bringing in a personal attack.

As if I'm not right. As if someone like, for example, Daschle, wouldn't come off looking especially bad (worse than he already is) for blasting the President (oops - he's "saddened", need to get my terminology correct) for failing in diplomacy, and then the President turns around and wins the war with one single attack.

It would shut up, for the moment, Bush's critics and the anti-war movement.

Screw you, though. You didn't have to personally insult me, and I'm not going to pursue this any further, because unlike Oz, I actually like posting on this board and I'm not going to get myself banned fighting with the likes of you.

Guest Flyboy
A mod can just merge the two topics.

Are you sure about that?

(*apologizes for interrupting the flow of the topic*)

Yeah.