TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest realitycheck

SWF Smarkdown Card, March 31st!

Guest realitycheck

I may never book SWF stuff again. Might as well have a ball. ;)

SWF SMARKDOWN! March 31st, 2003!

Due Date: Monday, 5pm EST.

Venue: Skyreach Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada!

Send To: Suicide King

OPENING PROMO: -For Rent-

HARDCORE GAMERS TITLE

HARDCORE MATCH

Nielsen of the Junge vs Mike Van Siclen vs Judge Mental©

Judge sucks. No, seriously. With partner in tow--and being tag team champions, none the less--Justice and Rule, Ejiro Fasaki and Judge Mental, couldn't knock off Frost. How embarassing. As punishment for disgracing the tag titles, Judge now must do double-duty, defending his other title, the HGC, against Neilsen of the Motherfuckin' Jungle, who proved he hasn't lost a single step. Or "stalk", as the case may be. Also, the floundering MVS has been included, hoping to find some direction in the WF... or at least avoid getting his head ripped off.

Rules: As is the hardcore doctrine, a blind eye has been turned towards those silly "rules" things.

Word Limit: 4500

Send To: chirs3

UNITED STATES TITLE

SINGLES MATCH

Michael Craven vs "The Franchise" Mak Francis©

After knocking off the vaunted "Deathwish" Danny Williams with a taste of his own medicine in a hellacious 60-minute Iron Man match, Mak has set out to proove he's a fighting champion. With a single defense against MVS in the books, Francis now turns toward Michael Cravel; licking his wounds after a sadistic match against Neilsen, and looking to cash in on a shot eared a while back...

Rules: Standard singles match. Pinfall, DQ, countout and submissions apply.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: TheBostonStrangler

TAG TITLE CONTENDERSHIP

ELIMINATION MATCH, THREE WAY TAG

Instruments of Destruction (Janus and Fugue) vs Deja Vu vs Wild and Dangerous (Johnny Dangerous and Wildchild)

The tag division looks to be set alight, with a defense scheduled tonight, in addition to this! Janus and Fugue, coyly coining their team "Instruments of Destruction", proved to be an effective if inexperienced duo against Deja Vu. Not that it's hard, but still. Wild and Dangerous, with Johnny unsuspended, look to have their first tag match together in the WF... and finally, Deja Vu have proven to float like rocks in the world of professional wrestling. But hey, it's the tag division and they're warm bodies. Looks like chaos, so have fun, guys.

Rules: Standard DQ, pinfall, submission, countout rules apply. Three men are in the ring at once, they may tag out to ANYONE. This means that partners can be in the ring at the same time. When a man is eliminated, his partner, or failing that, the first man through the ropes, becomes the legal man. Once the first three men are eliminated, it becomes a three-way where the first fall wins the contendership.

Word Limit: 6000

Send To: chirs3

INTERCONTINENTIAL-TELEVISION TITLE

LADDER MATCH

"Deathwish" Danny Williams vs Jay Dawg

Perhaps the best in-ring technician in the SWF, versus one of its most solid for the ICTV title. One, coming off a shattering loss to Mak Francis on PPV, before rebounding and beating Ejiro Fasaki. The other, finally earning an ICTV shot after 2 and a half years in the fed. Naturally, it has been decided the best stage for both of these men to show their talents... is with the belt hanging 15 feet above the ring, and a ladder the only way to retrieve it. Mua'hahaha. No-one said I was a nice guy.

Rules: Ladder match rules, that is to say there aren't any except the only way to win the belt is to climb the ladder and pull it down.

Word Limit: 5750

TAG TITLES

TAG MATCH

Chilly Chilly Bang Bang (Frost and "TNT" Taylor Nicholas Thompson) vs Justice and Rule© (Judge Mental and Ejiro Fasaki)

And lo, the tag team champions woes continue. Not only did they lose to Frost, single handedly, but with that win the Iceman garaunteed a shot at the tag titles with a partner of his coice! And so, the re-union of Chilly Chilly Bang Bang is upon us. And honestly, if Justice and Rule couldn't beat Frost on his lonesome, how are their odds supposed to improve with the world champion at his side?

Rules: Standard tag rules. Mark's started a good trend, so to remember the tag ropes.

Word Limit: 6000

Send To: realitycheck

MAIN EVENT

WORLD TITLE CONTENDERSHIP

SINGLES MATCH

"The Superior One" Tom Flesher vs El Luchadore Magnifico

...bwa ha ha ha. What, you thought it was going to be that easy, Magnifico? Overwhelmed with anger from being knocked off his championship pedestal, ELM looks to channel his anger at anyone... and is turned toward the leader of his new stable. The words the former champion spoke on Lockdown about trust and loyalty will now be put to task. Will Tom Flesher attempt to preserve the relationship with his new ally? Or will his true, conniving nature and lust for the title he was groomed to win overcome him...?

Word Limit: 6500

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

In ELM's match, he better win via pointy stake flags. That would be very Wilson/IGNWO-esque of him.

As a side note: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! CCBB REUNITES~!

And as another side note: Have Zenon book one card a month from now on. He is jule, which is like, justice and rule combined.

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

Does this mean no obligatory rematch if I lose?

It does look like a terrific card. Title matches o' plenty with a lack of stips=refreshing and possibly fantastic show.

*Neilsen grabs his head*

"Oh God! How can I throw down this f**kin' title!?!"

Yo'. This is for MVS and Judge. I need to know how y'all compete in Hardcore Matches. Rely heavily on weapons, not at all or what... Either way there'll still be a lot of blood and insane spots, but it'll help in writting your characters.

Heh...I just realized. If I keep the belt, I could become HCG Champion of the Year for 2003. Of course, I'd still love comeback of the year and wrestler of the year, but ELM and TNT are probably ahead of me in that last catagory.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Yo'. This is for MVS and Judge. I need to know how y'all compete in Hardcore Matches. Rely heavily on weapons, not at all or what... Either way there'll still be a lot of blood and insane spots, but it'll help in writting your characters.

Judge is totally anti-hardcore, will rely heavily on his technical skill and stuff and pretty much just won't use weapons. He's determined to beat peoples' stupid hardcore style with his "better" way of wrestling.

MVS is probably just as hardcore as anyone, and he's always trying to impress since he's new. I've invisioned him as quite the Hardcore guy, actually.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Jeez... you build up a submission and then find out it can't get the W in your next match... :(

On the other hand... SWEET!!! LADDER MATCH!!!

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

Hey...

...could someone in a position of authority answer the question I posed above?

So, what's Mag 7's entrance music?

What's a Style's Clash?

And...did anyone every tell you guys you have too many damn moves?

Oh...and Neilsen sells what Neilsen wants...

That said, Neilsen basically sells almost everything... Just had to say it as some people have, "You HAVE to sell this" in their movelists. Christ, half the time I don't have people sell the McTwist if I think it'll make a better match.

Guest Evolution
What's a Style's Clash?

The Styles Clash starts out as a set up for the powerbomb, but the attacker lets the victim dangle down like he's going for a ganso bomb, but instead, the attacker wraps his legs around the arms of the victim, leaving him prone. From there, the attacker just falls forward, pancaking the victim on the ground face first.

I believe that's an accurate description of the move, anyways.

Guest Chuck Woolery

Mag-7's entrance music is "Princes Of The Universe" by Queen, unless I'm sorely mistaken, which I might be as I'm not actually in the Mag-7.

Styles Clash is kinda hard to explain. You start out with the aggressor having the opponent in a standing headscissors (head-between the legs), then grab them around the waist, lifting them up but keeping their head locked between your legs, so that it ends up looking like the opponent is going to hurricanrana the aggressor. The aggressor would then step over the opponent's arms and jump into the air, making a turn so that all of the impact is taken on the opponent's stomach. Cool-looking move, actually - I don't have a clip of it though.

I assume you're directing the "You-have-to-sell" question at me, and I basically put that in so as not to have people kicking out of my big stuff. One of my paranoias, being lower on the chain than most of you guys, is having my finisher kicked out of, or one of my big moves - hence, the "You-MUST-sell."

That be it, I think. In response to your earlier question - depending on what kind of weapons you're using, Mike is either incredibly willing or incredibly afraid. Chairs, ladders, maybe even barbed wire - something of that caliber Mike's willing to use and can take being put through. Above that, he's pretty much scared stiff of it.

And now, that be it.

- Mike.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

AJStyles06.jpg

Styles Clash from the middle rope. It's usually a ground move though.. MVS explained the set-up just fine.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

You know what I hate in movesets? People who write "he NEVER taps out." Don't be a paranoid bitch. Tapping out is part of the game, no one is an invincible superhuman. And while I'm on the subject, I don't like "tapping out" anyway. Say yes and shake your head, be a man about it. Tapping your hand on the mat makes you look like a girl.

That was pretty useless and rambling.

+1

Guest chirs3
You know what I hate in movesets? People who write "he NEVER taps out." Don't be a paranoid bitch. Tapping out is part of the game, no one is an invincible superhuman.

Yea. What he said.

Guest HVilleThugg

And I hate it when people say, "You MUST sell this" or "You cannot kick out of this move" or whatever. That's crap...it's all about the match as a whole. If it makes for a better match for you to kick out of a finisher, then so be it. I mean, you can say stuff like "this move is pretty tough to kick out of" or whatever, but that's not really necessary for a finisher because people know it's a finisher, so if they want to win, they won't have people just randomly kicking out of finishers. The markers know when a kick out works and when it doesn't, and there isn't a single move out there that people can't kick out of. I understand people not wanting their finishers and big signature moves to be made to look bad, but it doesn't look bad when people do it right. When people don't do it right, they are penalized and most likely won't win the match, so there's notthing to worry about.

BAD:

Frost hits the Early Winter...

WHAM!!

...and MVS is flattened. Frost slides on for the cover...

ONE!

TWO!

THREEEEEE...NO, HE KICKS OUT!

Good

Frost slams him down for an Early Winter, and then falls down to the canvas, unable to fully stand after MVS's {insert finisher here}.

{Insert commentery here}

The fans are losing their minds as MVS lays motionless on the mat, and Frost tries to gather himself enough to make the cover.

{Insert commentary here}

After a few moments and with the fans rallying behind him, Frost drapes his arm over the seemingly dead MVS as referee Eddy Long slides in for the count...

ONE!

TWO!

THREEEEEEEEEE...

...NO!! MVS KICKS OUT AT THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND!!!

{Insert commmentary here to sell the kick out}

See, it's all about presentation. Frost's finisher doesn't look bad, even though MVS kicked out of it, and he doesn't need to say in his stats "You can't kick out of this". MVS did kick out and it works, and it really makes for a great match when you have people beating on each other all match and then someone hits a big fnisher and everyone thinks it's over...and then the kick out. That works great.

I just don't like it when people try to claim that their finisher can't be kicked out of, and for that matter, when I was active, I completely ignored such requests because they are pointless and it's unfair. I mean, if that's all it takes for people not to kick out of finishers, then eveyrone could just put that in their stats and then we'd never have any really great finishes.

Be that as it may, saying that in your stats is pointless and really shows that you are not confident in either your finisher's strength or the ability of your peers here in the federation.

Da "has said his piece" H

Guest Coffin Surfer

As a fan of All Japan, I don't have a problem with people kicking out of finishers as long as it's in a big match between top guys. I don't think finishers should be kicked out of during regular T.V. matches though, those matches should be used to build the finisher's cred, so they are bought as match enders at the PPV. Kicking out of finishers gives a match importance, seperating it from normal run of the mill matches.

I do have the you cannot kick out of this for the Fucking Lou Thesz Ganso Bomb variation in my stats. Because there is no way you can make a kick out work for that move. But it is a rare move, not a finisher. Therefore it should have a mythical credibility.

And I don't understand what the shame is in submitting. If it's someone's finisher, than why not put it over. That's why I hate the WWF, nobody of name value rarely puts over a submission. They just lay around in the move for 5 minutes, than crawl to the ropes.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

I put the Jay Dawg doesn't tap out in my stats for the time being, because I wanting to do an angle that involves that. He will soon be tapping like everyone else, like he did before. I have no problem putting over finishers, or having people kick out of mine... I like to put a note in that it is painful, granted, and my favorite submission is something you can't pass out from, so I dunno if that is classfied as 'cheating'.

I wasn't assuming you guys were refering to me. But I figured I would defend my position. I agree with Danny as building a finisher on TV matches, so you can kick out on PPV, and have it mean something.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Eh, as far as I'm concerned, my finisher is okay to kick out of whenever, but the "Detonation Drop" (jumping sheer drop burning hammer) is... just a no-no. Period.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

I realize I've been off the boards for the last couple days... but when and how did Frost lose (or vacate) the ICTV title?

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Yes, LDP, JD is correct. In a promo on Storm after the ppv, I vacated the title. I basically sited that I felt unworthy of being the champion after letting the title be discgraced at the ppv and handed it back to King. If you need to know anything else about it, pm me.

Guest Thoth

You can kick out of anything I do. Nothing I do is something I consider an "ultimate" stopper. Hell, as finishers go, Riot of the Blood (Cradle Tombstone) was probably on the low end of things.

And I like tapping. I have no idea why. Meh.

No, MVS, I wasn't just talking about you. It seems every single new person (to me) whose stats I've seen has something like that. It just irks me.

I don't have anything against tapping. I love making people tap...but Neilsen only goes for that in submissions matches...and then he usually breaks the person's leg after the match so...that's why he's only had one submissions match.

And I've finished my match, but I kinda' lost control of it. There's a chance that you, not speaking to anyone in particular...ya' know...keep the suspence..., but you may appear in it. You should feel honored. I just felt it'd be fair to warn ya' in case it won...yes...I lost so much control I have to say, "in case"...how f**kin' rare is that!?!

Guest Deja Vu Kris

You wanna know what I"m sick of?? I'm sick of people not putting their tag entrances or their stable entrances in their stats! For the love of god...put it in there!!! I'm tired of having to go searching through shows to find people's entrances goddammit! For example, I'm trying to start my match, but not a single person other than Kross and myself have their tag entrances in their stats. What fucking music does Wild & Dangerous come out to? What about Intruments of Destruction?? Do you have a fucking tag entrance?? I"m saying, if people don't start putting this stuff in their stats, I"m going to start writing people to come out to the "Sesame Street Theme" and the "Care Bear's Theme".

Fuckers!

Guest Suicide King

Don't know if anyone was looking for me, but I've been offline a couple of days. I am back now, and will be answering all PMed questions shortly.

Guest Ace309

Just for future reference, the Mag-7 entrance is now in my stats, and applies for any M7 grouping.