TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Galactic Gigolo

The forgotten angles/gimmicks of NWA:TNA

Guest Galactic Gigolo

I'm a huge NWA: TNA fan, but one thing that bothers me is the fact that they have started so many things yet forget about them a week later. It's time for us to make a big list, if for no other reason then to see how many we can come up with.

I'll start off with four.

- Ryan Shamrock taking money from Borash, Omori, etc.

- J.J. Dillon - New commisioners.

- Ricky Steamboat - Reverse Racist

- The Dupps - Whatever their stupid hardcore title was.

Add to it, and if Jerry Jarrett/Russo/whoever does a radio interview, I think it's time we ask to give us closure.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
The Dupps - Whatever their stupid hardcore title was.

THANK GOD the Dupp Cup was forgotten.

Guest ShooterJay

I was curious about the Ryan Shamrock thing too, now that they have more cash I wonder why they didn't bring her back.

JJ Dillion - don't care, don't like him.

Ricky Steamboat- I'm glad he left before they turned him full heel, especially the persona they were going to give him, it would have ruined his legacy. I would like to see him back in some capacity though.

There actually is some closure to the Dupp Cupp- The Dupps were terrified of midgets, so when Teo won it, they ran off and left the promotion.

BTW: What the hell ever happened to Monty Brown?

I'd like to know where they they were going with that Shamrock money thing as well.

Also, didnt Steamboat only last about 2 shows as the commishoner? I might have got my lines crossed, but it seemed like they had a new commishoner every other week bacj then.

ChUnK!

Guest Galactic Gigolo

- Brian Lawler beating up his girlfriend and subsequently retiring.

- Road Dogg's feud with the Armstrongs.

- That aideu with blood in it that James Mitchell carried around.

- Jive Talkin', Paulina, etc.

I guess you all misinterpreted the idea of the thread. This is kind of the WWE "Who raised the briefcase at KOTR? Who was behind G-TV?" thread for NWA-TNA. I want you to bring up stuff that we would've liked to see an ending to, an explanation to, and stuff we were happy to see go (Dupp Cup, Jive Talkin') but weren't explained fully.

Guest bob_barron

What happened to the Road Warriors, Rowdy Piper, Vader, Paul Bearer, Kevin Sullivan, Nikita Koloff and all the other "suprises"

Guest treble charged

Did they ever bring up the midget pulling the gun on Jarrett after it happened?

Guest Zack Malibu

I too, wonder where Monty Brown was. I liked that guy.

Where's Tough Enough Jonah as well?

Mortimer Plumtree has disappeared also.

Guest bob_barron

Wasn't Larry Zbysko (sorry for the misspelling) managing AJ Styles??

ryan was supposed to be a prostitute. i remember hearing that somewhere.

i emailed them to bring back monty brown and apolo. as usual, they haven't replied with a "ok." or "we will think about it"

paul bearer is getting a new gimmick and will be bringing in someone soon. i read it in some interview.

road doggs thing didn't get a chance for closure cause he left with his dad after a dispute with the jarretts.

plumtree was on a episode a few weeks ago. russo called him david or something. i think it was the week after raven's debut.

steamboat lasted for about 4 or 5 weeks actually. i think he left when sabu left.

i dunno what happened to kobain.

Guest J.F.

Alicia was supposed to be a call girl. Creit for this 'angle' goes to Vince Russo.

The Johnsons were Richard and Rod. Yep, this was a Russo idea.

Francine's breast being grabbed by Ed Ferrara. Russo.

People coming and going to and from TNA. All those 'surprises' weren't surprising, and it made me feel like an idiot for bothering to care who it was his week.

Guest Galactic Gigolo

All the stuff up until like Week 8 was all Jerry Jarrett. Russo's only involvement then was that he talked to Jeff on the phone, and rarely was it about the program.

And the Dupp Cupp wasn't Russo either. There was a newspiece floating around that said at the meeting where Jerry came up with the idea, Russo said, "They're going to blame me for this."

I'll think up some more later.

thank you. everyone seems to think everything dumb comes from russo and everything good comes from somebody else.

what ever happened to the "FU" angle. someone would get beat up and they would have FU on their chest.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"Alicia was supposed to be a call girl. Creit for this 'angle' goes to Vince Russo.

"

Um...

Right.

All of these things happened prior to week 4.

Wek 4 as we may remember...or choose not to in some cases...was the week that Russo came to TNA, and started writing them in week 5.

Hell....in week 3 of TNA Russo was in the WWE briefly...so no...those things were not Russo.

Get your facts at least somewhat inline because your one post made on the board already catapult you to the front of the stupidest posters line. Congratulations.

Guest Mad Dog

I think some of the angle's like the Johnson's and the Dupp Cup was dropped b/c fans complained about it.

Jonah I thought had a bad attitude and was probably asking to much for his overrall crappiness.

Guest the 1inch punch
Alicia was supposed to be a call girl. Creit for this 'angle' goes to Vince Russo.

People coming and going to and from TNA. All those 'surprises' weren't surprising, and it made me feel like an idiot for bothering to care who it was his week.

RE-TARD

Thats right, Rod. I wasnt far off :D

What happened to Jakie Fargo and his mini feud with Jarret? I dont remember anything coming of that. They also blew off the Hall/Jarret feud without a match, when they relaunched back at show 13.

Kobain was part of the New Church. His gimmick was that he liked pain. I cant say I miss him all that much :D

Did Steamboat really last 4-5 shows as commishoner? I dont remember him actually playing a big on screen part in more than about 2 show, 3 max?

ChUnK!

i watched show 4 today (6 man x division match) and steamboat didn't show up, so i guess he was only on there for 3 shows. unless he was on some other shows in august. cause i KNOW he was on the show with malice vs apolo, week 7. week 8 or 9 is when armstrong took over.

also on week 7, Jeff Jarrett beat Scott Hall in a stretcher match. i believe that was the blow off cause on week 5 hall beat lawler. and week 17 hall beat jarrett in a singles match. and week 18 was hall's last tna show.

Guest Lemon Drop Kid

"Bruce" said it was time to get serious and drop the gay persona, and he became Angry Alan Funk. He hasn't been seen since.

Guest nWoScorpion

Who were the Johnsons Anyway? The Shane Twins?

What happened to Apollo? It seemed like they were pushing him early in the promotion then he disapears.

We Want Vader!

Why hasn't TNA signed Justin Credible? (Guy in backgroun: cause he sux)

Guest the 1inch punch

Monty Brown and Gran Apolo both had the distinction of dropping someone on their heads, namely the main eventers, so you can guess what happened

Guest Nanks

Nikita Koloff v Dusty Rhodes

April scoring with everyone, inc. Goldylocks

Belladonna

Jerry Lynn v The Truth

As far as Paul Bearer goes, he was beaten down at the bidding of Vince Russo and he vowed to return with a 'surprise' to get his revenge. Probably drop this now Russo's not on TV anymore

i watched show 4 today (6 man x division match) and steamboat didn't show up, so i guess he was only on there for 3 shows.

I knew it :D lol

Another person that just disappeared was Ed Ferrera. I wasn't watching TNA back then (ive seen it now on old tapes), so I dont know if there was a reason he left. But to the casual fan it looks as though he just disappeared.

ChUnK!

Guest My Eyebrow is on fire

Cocktail napkin booking. I'm glad they book more than 5 minutes in advance. As long as russo's got the book and they refuse to have matches longer than 15 minutes, i'll never buy a show.