TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MaxPower27

What is the difference?

Guest MaxPower27

What, if anything, is the difference?

I just got a new computer and am looking to DL either of them...

Guest Flyboy

KaZaa Lite doesn't have spyware... KaZaa has more files and such, I believe.

Guest DrTom

Kazaa puts a lot of spyware and adware on your PC. Kazaa Lite comes without all that garbage. There's a great hack for it to boost your participation level. Generally, zeropaid.com is the best place to go for info and downloads of p2p clients.

Guest MaxPower27

What exactly is the participation level? Mine is 'Low, 49' on kazaa.

Guest MaxPower27

So that will change when I actually have something to share, correct?

Guest Eagan469

The version of K-Lite I linked to above has the participation hack already included in the program - just download and install it

Guest MaxPower27

OK, I DL'ed both of them, and started messing around with Kazaa first.

I DL'ed two songs, and my problem is that about a minute into them, the sound goes down, there is an eccentric beeping noise, and the music comes back up. It does this every 30 seconds after, until the song is over.

I'm afraid to burn the songs onto a CD out of fear that the beeping will make the CD and be fucked up.

I don't know if it's because I'm on a dialup or what...

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

Kazaa (and Kazaa lite) can download from more than one source at a time, each with a different starting point (one source at the beginning, another source starts a third of the way in, etc.)

You'd probably be better off ditching Kazaa and use Kazaa Lite instead. Kill the crap Kazaa installs with Spybot Search and Destroy ( http://security.kolla.de/news.php?lang=en )...

(That assumes the song wasn't completely downloaded.)

Or you downloaded an intentionally damaged song released by our good comrades the music industry, to discourage would be pirates. Or you just found a bad rip, it happens.

Guest razazteca
you downloaded an intentionally damaged song released by our good comrades the music industry, to discourage would be pirates. Or you just found a bad rip, it happens

Its the RIAA faught for the bad song, another nasty trick they do is to loop a small portion of a song which repeats for 2 minutes.

Guest MaxPower27

OK, now it won't let me log in. It keeps telling me to enter a 'valid email address', but I don't see a spot to enter one...

Guest swan
OK, now it won't let me log in. It keeps telling me to enter a 'valid email address', but I don't see a spot to enter one...

Go to options.

Whoa........I downloaded it from this thread and now whenever I try to open it it says it's messed up and there might be a virus or something like that and it won't load the program.

Guest razazteca

whenever you install a new version of K-Lite you have to uninstall the last one you were using so problems do not occur. It has something to do with dummy dll files or register tweaks or something like that.

KaZaa Lite has the same great taste as KaZaa, just with half the calories...

Also has your daily balance of vitamins & minerals.

Guest Retro Rob

I'm also getting a new computer on Thursday. In the past I had regular Kazaa, but you are making Lite out to be a lot better.

Guest Youth N Asia

Participation Level has to do with how much do people download from you, as opposed to how much you download from them.

If you download 1 item and people download 10 from you...your level will be 9