TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The One and Only WWE Backlash 2003 Thread

Guest Downhome
I didn't see it, but Rock tends to adapt to crowd response during his matches.  He always has that I can remember, at least in big matches.  I don't know if he even does it conciously or not, but if they boo him he does heel stuff.  If they cheer he goes into face mode.  He did it with Hogan, most notably.

I thought Lesnar was a better example because Lesnar had NO right to be a Face that night...

My problem with Rocky isn't that he adapts, that is fine, but rather he just IS a face. I mean, how can the crowd NOW cheer for the guy? He's always cracking jokes, saying the most outlandish things, and the crowd loves that stuff period. I mean, fuckin' hell, even I cheer Rocky when he does the making fun of Hogan, Goldberg, or ANYONE. The man, to be a heel, needs to go back in time to when he was FIRST a heel.

That's the only way he can ever be a heel again.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
Nash is getting a shot at the belt at the next PPV, can't wait.  Pretty good 6 man match though.

Are you being sarcastic?

Sorry dude, I enjoyed the match. It wasn't a spot fest but hell, Nash was back in the ring and didn't get hurt. IMO that's a pretty good match.

Guest Blue Bacchus

The six man was good. Not only was it entertaining but it covered up for everyone's weaknesses.

Guest Downhome
Nash is getting a shot at the belt at the next PPV, can't wait.  Pretty good 6 man match though.

Are you being sarcastic?

Sorry dude, I enjoyed the match. It wasn't a spot fest but hell, Nash was back in the ring and didn't get hurt. IMO that's a pretty good match.

No, I loved the six-man also, that isn't what I'm talking about. I meant, are you being sarcastic about wanting Nash to win the title?

Guest tpww7

I bought the show (why?) And It blew big time.

I can't wait to see Nash win the belt next month and Goldberg destroy someone else (likely Jericho)

Guest Jobber of the Week

Sure, I guess both would be appropriate. But I wouldn't say the ship was sunk by incoming kamikazes so much as the train was derailed by hijackers such as HHH, Steph, Hogan, Fuck Goldberg, etc.

Guest AndrewTS

I can't wait to see Nash win the belt next month and Goldberg destroy someone else (likely Jericho)

Yeah! Squash Jericho! Win the title, Nash!

WWE is so fucked I can't enjoy it, but I can enjoy their stupidity.

Guest Choken One

Wait...Does that mean Booker and Shawn are Angleless right now?

Gee...Well...They COULD go with Shawn/Flair and give us ONE more "DREAM" Match that may or may not suck to bad..

Put Booker against...An Heel turn Steiner...

Yep there we go...

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Are you being sarcastic?

No, I loved the six-man also, that isn't what I'm talking about. I meant, are you being sarcastic about wanting Nash to win the title?

Naw man, I want Nash to get the belt. I like Nash, always have. Even in the Vinne Vegas days.

Guest Blue Bacchus
Put Booker against...An Heel turn Steiner...

Yep there we go...

Nope, It's Steiner and Test. Oh yeah! :ph34r:

Guest The Amazing Rando

Tomorrow Night = Goldberg Appreciation Night

you know it will happen

Guest El Psycho Diablo

'sides, Nash as champ gives HHH the chance to brand hop. ^__^

Guest bob_barron

Are you being sarcastic?

Naw man, I want Nash to get the belt. I like Nash, always have. Even in the Vinne Vegas days.

Giving Nash the belt would answer a question I would like to know:

How low can the business go?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

It will go lower than in 1995. In 1995 at least they had WCW to share the load.

Guest Blue Bacchus
It will go lower than in 1995. In 1995 at least they had WCW to share the load.

Time for TNA to step up to the plate then...

Guest CanadianChris

Are you being sarcastic?

Giving Nash the belt would answer a question I would like to know:

How low can the business go?

That is a question that will never be answered. Everytime they hit a new low, Vince finds a way to drain a little more out of the pool.

Guest the pinjockey

Lex Luger is still drifting around. So who knows where that low could be.

Guest Choken One

No We answered that Once...When MABEL headlined the #2 show of the year.

THAT was the Lowest Point.

We're still waiting for it here...If Necrophila wasn't it and Steiner wasn't...Then God knows what could be it?

Guest the pinjockey

We're still waiting for it here...If Necrophila wasn't it and Steiner wasn't...Then God knows what could be it?

Steiner the Necrophiliac?

Guest JMFabiano524

Yeah! Squash Jericho! Win the title, Nash!

WWE is so fucked I can't enjoy it, but I can enjoy their stupidity.

Not me, I am still at WCW 2000 levels of disinterest. In fact I stick by my guns and still say that WWE now is WORSE than WCW2K. Someone said this on the TNA board, and I agree: while most of Russo's gimmicks, angles, and ideas on what makes a good show were terrible, at least he tried to get people over. I can think of Booker, Lance, and numerous others that WWE is doing NOTHING with that were much better off in WCW. Don't get me wrong, I am not defending Russo's "reign of terror," as I agree it was an abortion for the most part. But at least there were a FEW positives. There's pretty much nothing left in WWE, and if there could be, you know it will go nowhere. That's why I won't even be swayed anymore by what's good. Because somehow it will suck sooner or later.

Nah, if there was a PPV I'd be interested in (I didn't see Backlash), it's this Wednesday. I hear Raven is actually getting a WORLD TITLE SHOT. Can such a place where such horrible things happen actually exist?!!?

Guest Choken One

Steiner the Necrophiliac?

*Shudders*

That would mean

Kane and Steiner would fued over the Love of Katie Vick.

Guest Just call me Dan

Triple H wouldn't brand hop with Shawn and Kev in his brand, he's in heaven right now.

Guest Choken One

Well Sure...

Maybe he Can Recruit his new Members over there...

Chuck and Charlie Haas would fit in there...

Two Blatant Homosexuals.

Guest AndrewTS
Well Sure...

Maybe he Can Recruit his new Members over there...

Chuck and Charlie Haas would fit in there...

Two Blatant Homosexuals.

Haas isn't Billy Gunn. I know why you confused them... :P

Guest Choken One

Yes but Billy's Neck Injury has hurt his Oral Ability...

HHH needs talented Fellatioers.

Guest AndrewTS
Yes but Billy's Neck Injury has hurt his Oral Ability...

HHH needs talented Fellatioers.

Actually, it's his shoulder.