TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The One and Only WWE Backlash 2003 Thread

Guest El Psycho Diablo
Why are they having Rocky not only TALK as a face, but do ALL of his face things in the ring? He's not acting heelish at all.

it's playing to the crowd, dumb shit. the rock does it every match.

Most heels don't play to the crowd. That's a face thing.

Heels are supposed to piss off the crowd.

Unless the rules have suddenly changed..

Well it was a nothing ppv, wasn't expecting anything.... didn't get anything. Brock vs Cena was cool though, loved the fact they we're cheering for Cena though. Backlash really wasn't worth being tired for my first day back at school and with my exams coming up so soon as well. I shoulda known better than to put my trust in the WWE.

Guest Blue Bacchus

The match was decent guys. Yeah they chanted Goldberg Sucks cuz the Rock is a Fan Fav even heel. Goldberg didn't fuck up any moves and had a better match than most of his WCW ones. This is just a lot like Rock/Hogan at Mania X8. You were supposed to cheer for the Face but in the end the Heel was the Fan Favorite.

I enjoyed the entire PPV save Cena v. Brock (which nearly put me to sleep). Say what you will, but Goldy's here for a while.

Also for those keeping score at home, a WCW creation actually went over a WWF creation. Even the nWo didn't go over anyone. And the Alliance and Steiner were made out to be jokes.

Guest Downhome
Why are they having Rocky not only TALK as a face, but do ALL of his face things in the ring? He's not acting heelish at all.

Well, at least the reputation for this board becoming an immature shitfest is in good hands with you!

A heel isn't supposed to play to the crowd, that would be a face's job. It seems that either Rocky has totally forgotten how to be a heel, or WWE simply doesn't want to try to make him be a heel.

Guest geniusMoment

As one of the few smarks who wanted Goldberg to come in I look really stupid after tonight. I think I was completely wrong. You guys now have the opportunity to kick me one time in the face and poke me in the left or right eye, but none of you better poke me in both eyes or hell well be your only solice.

Guest RepoMan

If what Rock's doing gets the fans into the match and make ppl want to watch, I say he can whatever he wants.

Decent show, I missed the 1st 2 matches, the only ones I really wanted to see, but I was entertianed for a few hours and didn't pay so I can't complain.

Guest CanadianChris
As one of the few smarks who wanted Goldberg to come in I look really stupid after tonight. I think I was completely wrong. You guys now have the opportunity to kick me one time in the face and poke me in the left or right eye, but none of you better poke me in both eyes or hell well be your only solice.

*Pokes geniusMoment in the left eye and Stunners him*

Guest eiker_ir

that just his act, he always talk bout his millions of fans so if they cheer him, he's all happy because, u know they're with him

but if the boo him he just tells them to fuck themselves

Guest El Psycho Diablo

It's funny, considering Goldberg was the only one standing a chance of ending HHH's Title Reign of Terror.

Prepare for World Champion Kevin Nash, then.

Guest godthedog

if rocky gets cheered, he acts accordingly and plays up the reaction. if he gets booed, he acts accordingly and plays up the reaction. bret hart did it too.

Guest Downhome

Had I known that Rocky would be playing face, once again, tonight I wouldn't have expect Goldberg to be booed also. I can't believe they had Rocky play face.

Guest Choken One

I saw like 1/4 of it and it wasn't that great...

Nothing seems to stand out cept for Mysterio Lawn Dart II and Goldberg Sucks Chants..

Cena Pops means NOTHING because He is a MASSHOLE.

Guest godthedog

"they" didn't have rocky play face. he adapts his style to the crowd, whether they boo him or cheer him. he likes playing off the crowd, and feeds on their reaction. nobody bitched when rocky started acting like a heel at summerslam, why should they expect him to act like a heel when the crowd loves him?

Guest Jobber of the Week

I hope that Fuck Goldberg gets Poppa Pump heat, in that he's immediately booed off my TV set before the match has even fucking started.

Get the hell out, asshat. And take your millions of dollars and dozens of fans with you.

Guest Downhome

if rocky gets cheered, he acts accordingly and plays up the reaction. if he gets booed, he acts accordingly and plays up the reaction. bret hart did it too.

You don't get it, Rocky never even gave them a chance to boo him. The moment he was on the mic he was a face, it was just his character tonight. A heel should act like a heel, period.

Guest El Psycho Diablo
"they" didn't have rocky play face. he adapts his style to the crowd, whether they boo him or cheer him. he likes playing off the crowd, and feeds on their reaction. nobody bitched when rocky started acting like a heel at summerslam, why should they expect him to act like a heel when the crowd loves him?

It's because most everyone here didn't want anything to do with Rocky..and were all creaming over Lesnar at the moment.

Funny how quickly that turned around, tho.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

blowedupship.jpg

The WWE

That's right, it's a sinking ship AND it's on fire! Sink Baby Sink, BURN baby BURN.

Guest Choken One
that's true, Bret did it too, see SummerSlam 92

That is not even a Good example...Bret went in knowing that Davey was gonna be the face...

WM13 is the best example...He was still the FACE going in but Played Heel to the crowd...

Guest Blue Bacchus
Had I known that Rocky would be playing face, once again, tonight I wouldn't have expect Goldberg to be booed also. I can't believe they had Rocky play face.

They had too don't you see? Goldy is still WCW which suxx0rs and WWE is 1337. Vince is still thinking it's '97. Dude you won.. get over it.

And why the hell did they fuck with Goldy's music?!? I liked the Death March.

Guest AndrewTS

I think the fact that Goldberg was immediately pushed into this huge fued kinda screwed things up. WWE fans seem to take offense to these huge pushes into the main event without any reason.

See Steiner, who never wrestled on WWE TV until the Rumble.

See it again tonight.

I really feel sorry for the WWE bookers--what do they do? Try to keep Goldberg face, or make him heel which I know Bill will hate?

Sorry, Downhome.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Nash is getting a shot at the belt at the next PPV, can't wait. Pretty good 6 man match though.

Guest SP-1

I didn't see it, but Rock tends to adapt to crowd response during his matches. He always has that I can remember, at least in big matches. I don't know if he even does it conciously or not, but if they boo him he does heel stuff. If they cheer he goes into face mode. He did it with Hogan, most notably.

Guest Jobber of the Week
blowedupship.jpg

The WWE

No no no no no no no.

You got your metaphors screwed up, pal. THIS is the WWE:

train.jpg

Guest Choken One

Steiner by now should be Heel but WWE refuses to believe that...

So I expect Goldberg to stay face..

HHH must be Smiling and it's not just because Kevin's cock is directly up his Ass but because Goldberg got the Steiner Treatment...

Guest Downhome
Nash is getting a shot at the belt at the next PPV, can't wait. Pretty good 6 man match though.

Are you being sarcastic?

Guest Choken One
I didn't see it, but Rock tends to adapt to crowd response during his matches. He always has that I can remember, at least in big matches. I don't know if he even does it conciously or not, but if they boo him he does heel stuff. If they cheer he goes into face mode. He did it with Hogan, most notably.

I thought Lesnar was a better example because Lesnar had NO right to be a Face that night...