TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Which wrestlers have you meet?

Living in the suburbs of Minneapolis I have actually met many wrestlers on the job or in stores around the area. One time at a Video Update I met Sean Waltmen baked off his ass renting movies and saw him again for Curt Hennig's funeral which I was to late to attend(only 2000 people allowed and I was about 2115. I did get some of the funeral cards and a remembrence Card you could fill out and mail to the Hennig family.) I often used to talk to Curt Hennig and still talk to his wife occasionally at my job. He said one time when I talked him after his first NWATNA show, that he took a photo of Hunter and Shawn in the shower as a rib way back in the day. He was a great guy and it was hard talking to his wife a couple days after his passing she was very shaken up :(. Well feel free to share

Guest Youth N Asia

Now granted, I've never sat down and had a long conversation with anyone, most of these are pretty short encounters.

Mikey Whipwreck...nice guy, willing to take pics and sign stuff

Tommy Dreamer...same as Mikey

Dawn Marie...very nice, takes pics, signs, and interacts with fans real well.

Simon Diamon...just like Dawn (minus the breasts)

Steve Corino and Nova are both kinda talkative with fans.

Balls Mahoney...very cool. I got a pic taken with him at an ECW show, same show where RVD kicked him funny in the ribs and hurt him. Still stood around in the lobby signing for people. One kid made some remark about how he didn't even hit people hard. Balls pretty much cut a promo on him telling him how the guys go out every night on painkillers just to get through the shows so they can put on good matches for the fans.

Met some others, but these are the only ones I've really stopped and talked to for any length of time.

I met Jeff Jarrett at Monroville Mall (Near Pittsburgh,PA) for an Autograph Signing Circa 1995. I also met and talked briefly with The Blue Meanie and Steven Richards at an Indy Show at The Western PA. School for The Deaf (Also near Pittsburgh.) In 1996.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I'm agreeing wholeheartedly with YNA's compliments to Mikey Whipwreck. I met him at, of all places, MGM Studios in Orlando, in the line for the Muppets 3D show. Me and my buddy Twiggz got a picture of him (I have an enlarged copy framed in the top of my living room entertainment center).

Guest papacita

Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, Paul Heyman (all at Mind Games in 96...Tazz and Saturn were there too but I didn't meet them), Goldust, and Terri.

Guest Ravenbomb

Matt and Jeff Hardy, not so nice

Jerry Lynn, kinda nice

Kid Kash, bit nicer than Jerry Lynn

these are from GCW:

Delirious

OuTtKaSt, nice, I asked for an autograph, he said he was busy and went back inside, but came back out later and signed it (this was when they were loading gear in the truck)

Jynx is the nicest I've met. I yelled out "GREAT SASUKE!" when he ran by before his match (he was wearing his mask) and he mentioned that when I asked for an autograph later and said he liked my Crazy Max shirt, and posed for a picture.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

Okay here goes

Bill DeMott: One of the coolest guys in the buisness, that ive met. Met him with a bunch of other WCWers in 200, at a Super Bowl party at my mall. Reall nice guy, shot the breeze with me.

Shawn Stasiak: He's a bitch.

Chavo Jr.: Met him whole he was walking to the bathroom...didn't notice until he started doing brocks happy dance.

Mike Sanders: Looks bigger in person. Nice guy, cut a promo on this random guy in the place. Funny as hell.

The Wall: He's big. Didn't really say much but he's a big mofo.

Sean O'Haire: Nice enough, but didn't really want to conversate.

Konnan: Cool guy, I asked him what he's been up to and he said "get my salad toss man"

Rey Misterio Jr.: For someone his size, the guy can drink his share of alchyhol. He actually talked to me about his mask and stuff.

Lash leroux: Cool guy, signed a picture of him dropkicking Scott Hall, and him and Konnan started talking about nice dropkicks. No shit. Eric Watts never came up.

Chuck Palumbo: We talked about his puffy hair and whether or not he'd be WCW champ by years end. He said he would....he was half right I guess.

Shae Helms and Shannon Moore: Okay so I'm leaving the table of wretslers and Helms comes up and asks me "Who's the bets wrestler over there" and I didn't recgonize him or Moore so I'm just like "Well, I guess Rey Rey" and they just start laughing there ass off. I ask whats so funny and he's like "Nuffin, just that everyone says that". I get home and I realize who they were.

Julio Dinero and Alexis Laree: laree is fucking hot in person. They were okay, kinda bitchy though. Would sign autographs or take pictures, you had to buy their signed pictures.

Lita: Also hotter in person. Real cool, I asked her if I could become a mattitude folower and she went "Huh, what about a Litatude folower? Would you like that more?" and I just gave her a shit eating grin.

Kelly Bell: A local wrestler around here in MD, who is Haystacks Calhoun 2003. Big mofo right there. Nice guy to, chilled with him most of the show.

Gillberg: He was driving down my street (he coaches a local basbeall team) and I ran down and stopped his car and asked "Are you goldberg!" for shits and giggles. He laughed and just did the goldberg growl.

Guest Galactic Gigolo

I've met a ton of wrestlers from doing photography and PR work over the past two years. Just a couple off the top of my head.

Scott Steiner - Dick. I knew it from a previous encounter, so when he pulled up in his car I asked him to pose for a shot in his car, and he relucantly did.

Malice - Very nice guy.

Daffney - Ultra sweet. Had a nice, short convo with her.

Sabu - Biggest dick ever.

Buff Bagwell - Cocky, but an overall nice guy to you personally. Probably is insulting you the whole time in his head, though.

Tatanka - Good guy. Though he tried to teach me about his Indian church or something.

Guest HartFan86

That's awesome about Gillberg.

I'll post mine later when I find the list on my hard drive.

The Hurricane: Nice guy, pretty quiet. Met him at an autograph signing.

Chris Benoit: Also pretty damn cool, he got a laugh out of me referring to him as Wild Pegasus.

Spanky: I yelled "HEY, SPANKY!" at him to grab his attention and he seemed actually pretty grateful to see someone who knew who Spanky was (This was at Axxess before he started using the Spanky name again in WWE). Spanky was awesome and I'm bummed that all these other fans kept getting their photo taken with him (Before even ASKING) and so I had to cut it short, but he made the $40 I spent on Axxess worth it.

Guest kane3212321

Chavo - Really nice, Someone asked him who came up with Pepe, he answered Eddie and him. So asked him who came up the with Amway gimmick. He walked up to me and did the thumbs down and went vince russo, booooooo. Then gave me a high five and wrote a personalised message in my program for Global Warning.

Bautista - Played raw on X-Box against him for 5 minutes, seemed like a smart guy. He was talking about how it hit him when he got off the plane to Australia how he could go from just a guy working in OVW to the big time.

Rico, D'Von, Edge, Christian, Brock (Didn't say anything), Rey Rey, Jericho, Billy, Chuck, Rikishi, Hurricane, Hardcore Holly, Mark Henry, Randy Orton, Torrie, Kidman, Mick Foley all took a photo with me and signed my book.

Bradshaw though, got a turn out of 25 people to his signing and didn't look happy about it, he looks so sour in my photo.

WWA

Bret Hart- I got to have a sit down chat to Bret for 10 mins by myself, :D backstage at a press conference everyone was talking to Road Dogg and Bret was just sitting there so I went and talked to him for a while about what he thought of Australia etc.... REALLY NICE GUY.

Nathan Jones - Seemed nice no one really wanted to talk to him though, more interested in the americans.

Road Dogg - The press secretary tried to get me kicked out of the backstage at the press conference, Road Dogg told her I was his cousin and to let me stay. So I talked to him a bit.

Stevie Ray - Really good too, he appeared at an Australian show so I talked to him backstage and he seemed very interested in Australian wrestling. He even drew the raffle at the end of the show.

Bagwell - Seemed okay, didn't say much.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Hacksaw Duggan. Very nice guy.

Rocky Johnson. Nice guy. Told stories about his famous son and about how he had to go back to Louisville later that week and tell David Flair he was released.

Luna Vachon and Gangrel. Luna ,especially,is a very nice lady.

Jim Cornette. I would love to sit down and listen to this man talk about wrestling history. And he seemed to be genuinely friendly.

Sherri Martel. Another great person to meet.Charming lady.

Jimmy Valiant. Funny guy. Kept trying to get me to buy a Best Of Jimmy Valiant tape but I had pretty much blown whatever money I had with me. Thankfully.

Robert Gibson.....had a brief conversation with him about the Rock N Rolls and tag wrestling in the 80's.

All the ones YNA mentioned because I was with him.

Kid Kash

Nick Dinsmore

Moondog Spot

Jerry Lynn

Derrick King

Chris Jericho

Kevin Nash

Ric Flair

David Flair

Lex Luger

Arn Anderson

Cactus Jack

Jeff Jarrett

Reckless Youth

Rick Steiner

Scott Steiner

Terry Taylor

Greg Valentine

Larry Zybysko

Tommy Rogers

Shawn Michaels

Marty Jannetty

Rick Morton

Francine

Bobby Heenan

Elizabeth

Guido

Madman Pondo

Rick Matrix

Some guys from the Michigan local shows,but it's been a while so I need a jog in the memory to remember whom I've met there.

a couple of GCW people....Big Bad Ben,Daizee Haze,Delirious

Corporal Robinson from IWA-MS,quite a few local Missouri/Tennessee guys that nobody would know,

And hopefully in 2 weeks,Abdullah the Butcher and Messiah.

Guest Sturgis

Nice Guys:

Teddy Long

Koko B. Ware

Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Simon Diamond

Balls Mahoney

Spike Dudley

Tito Santana

Capt. Lou

Afa

Crowbar

Goldust

Terri

ECW's Hat Guy

Didn't Seem To Intreted In Meeting Fans:

Blackjack Lanza

Earl Hebner

Tommy Dreamer

Francine

I've met more, but I can't remember them right now.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

The most prominent would be me interviewing Jake the Snake Roberts for my hometown newspaper when he wrestled here back in '99. He was kind, corteous, very interesting and surprisingly sober. We talked for about 45 minutes about his career and life and such. A unique segment had us discussing the philosphy of being a midget, as I asked him about what he thought of midget wrestling since there was a match scheduled on the card. His basic reply was that everyone has a right to pursue their dreams and a man is a man no matter his physical or mental lot in life. And we wound up talking about what it meant to be a midget in America today and stuff, weird.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Blackjack Lanza

Earl Hebner

Tommy Dreamer

Francine

Wow, I think that's the first time I've seen Tommy Dreamer on that list. Every time I've seen or met Dreamer,he was always pretty friendly. He was always out after ECW shows or indy shows talking with fans.

Francine I could see being on that list though. She was out at an ECW intermission signing,never took her shades off and barely acknowledged anybody . I don't know if that's the norm.

Guest Insanityman

I met Jeff Jarret a few years ago at a minor basketball game- he was really nice to us. My friend and I insisted he hit us with the guitar that was for auction for some charity but he laughed and took half a swing. Then I got his autograph.... being the dumbass I am, I lost it.

Guest Sturgis

Blackjack Lanza

Earl Hebner

Tommy Dreamer

Francine

Wow, I think that's the first time I've seen Tommy Dreamer on that list. Every time I've seen or met Dreamer,he was always pretty friendly. He was always out after ECW shows or indy shows talking with fans.

Francine I could see being on that list though. She was out at an ECW intermission signing,never took her shades off and barely acknowledged anybody . I don't know if that's the norm.

Well it was in a gymnasium in the middleof August so it was as hot as hell so I think that might be why. I did meet Francine later(I live in the same state she does) and she was MUCH nicer.

Sting

Ultimo Dragon (at an autograph signing in Nov... He said "Thank you" to me cause I bought alot of his shirts.. cool experience)

Tommy Dreamer

"Sick" Nick Mondo

RVD

Nova

Dawn Marie

Balls Mahoney

Sandman

New Jack

Super Crazy

Francine

La Parka

Alot of XPW guys

SoCal Wrestlers: Excalibur, Rising Son, Taro, Street Styles, Joey Ryan, B-Boy

probably some I'm forgetting

All were real cool... haven't met any assholes yet.

Edited by PsychoDriver

Guest HartFan86

Thrasher (Nice Guy, met him in Bangor, Maine during an autograph session in Dec. 1997. Got a pic with him too.)

Mosh (See Above)

Dave Hebner (Very Nice Guy, met him while waiting in line at the autograph session. He talked mostly to my Dad about Bruno Sammartino (my Dad is a huge Bruno mark) for about 15 minutes. Didn't bother getting a pic or signature with him.)

Doug Dellinger (Quiet, but friendly guy, met him during a WCW house show back in May of 1998 in Bangor, Maine. He signed my program.)

Chavo Guerrero, Jr. (Nice Guy, Met him after a Smackdown at Kahloon's in Boston, Mass during July of 2001. Got my pic with him, a little shy, but nice.)

Lance Storm (He was rude to me. Here's the story. This was at Kahloon's in July of 2001 (as above with Chavo) and Jericho had just come out and EVERYONE rushed over to Jericho. I ran over to Storm when I saw him out of the corner of my eye and I asked "Mr. Storm, can I get a quick picture?" and he said "Sorry, my buddy Chavo is waiting for me." and walked off. Whatever.)

Chris Jericho (Very Nice Guy, met him in the parking lot after I went to Storm. He was mobbed as hell by people. Got his autograph and somewhat of a picture. We didn't look at the camera, it just shows me standing behind him while he's signing my paper.)

Chuck Palumbo (Really Nice Guy, posed for a picture and signed as well. Talked to a few fans as well.)

Sean O’Haire (Really Nice Guy, same as Palumbo. Probably the 2 nicest guys that night.)

Paul Vachon (Really Nice Guy, met him in a Flea Market in the Summer of 2001. Talked to him for over 2 hours about the Hart Family, his wrestling carrer and what it's like to be in the business. Didn't bother with an autograph or picture, though.)

Rick Fuller (Nice Guy, he wrestles for a local indy fed in Portland, ME. Talked to him for about 5 minutes and he signed one time. I see him often at the shows.)

Chris Hammrick (Nice Guy, made an apperance for the local indy fed in the Summer of 2001. Funny story, they announced his name about 3 times and the first time, they said 'Former ECW wrestler, Chris Hammrick" and I was like "Holy shit!" My friend and I went over, talked to him for over 20 minutes and he signed. The funny thing is, NO ONE went over. There was about 100 people there and not one of them cared. Felt kinda bad for the guy.)

Stacy Keibler (Nice Girl, met her in October of 2001 at an autograph session. Very, very quiet, though. She signed and took a pic. She was moving pretty quickly thru everyone, but I think she appreciated when I said "Thank you, Ms. Keibler." when no one else really did. She said "No problem!")

Howard Finkel (Kinda Nice Guy, met him before a WWF house show in November 2001. Signed, but wouldn't take pictures and was moving pretty quickly thru everyone. Still though, he signed.)

Shane Helms (Really Nice Guy, met him before the same house show in November. Posed for pictures and signed and made sure EVERYONE got pictures/autographs. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.)

John Cena (Nice Guy, met him on July 1, 2002 at a house show in Portland, ME. Was in a hurry, but posed for a quick picture before the event.)

Rico (Really Nice Guy, met him at the same house show. Signed for anyone and everyone and took pictures with everyone. Probably came outside 2-3 times after the original time to sign. Great person.)

Nidia (Really Nice Girl, met her at the same house show. She took pics with everyone and even gave me a kiss! I think she liked me cause I flipped out when she and Jamie Noble came out of the same car when I yelled "JAMIE NOBLE BOY, WHOOOOOO IEEE!" and stuff.)

Jamie Noble (Really Nice Guy, came right over to me first and said "Watcha need, boss?" and I got a picture with him. He was nice for everyone as well.)

Rey Mysterio, Jr. (Nice Guy, quickly took pics with everyone, but I was lucky too get one. Quiet quy, though. I met him at the same house show.)

Steve Bradley (Nice Guy, quiet guy, but took pics with anyone who wanted one.I met him at the same house show.)

Mike Choida (Nice Guy, signed for a few people...I got a quick pic with him. I met him at the same house show.)

Christian (Nice Guy, I had a front page article of the local news paper with an article of him and he game right over to me and said "Where did you get this from?" and I said "Local newspaper, sir." He looked at it for a few seconds, then signed and took a picture with him. He signed for about 5 more people then left. Kinda made me feel special he only came over basically cause of me. Funny thing is, they supposely had a telephone INT with him in the article...and he didn't know about it? He was at the same house show as the guys above.)

Edge (Nice Guy, quickly got him to sign my old WWF magazine poster of him right after he debuted. He saw it and was like "Whoa, sweet." and I almost said "Keep it"...but he signed and I said "Thanks Mr. Copeland" and he said "No Problem." He was at the same house show as the guys above.)

Jim Duggan (Friendly guy, met him at a show in Bangor over the summer of 2002. Posed with him for a pic.)

Honky Tonk Man (Ass, wanted 5 bucks to pose for a pic, even after I paid 5 bucks for an autograph. Met him at the same place as Duggan.)

Brutus Beefcake (Okay guy, met him at the same place as the above. Posed for a pic.)

Sean Watlman (Seemed to be totally drugged out, but friendly. Met him in late November of 2002 at the Maine Mall in Portland. Few of my buddies and I posed for a Kliq picture.)

I also gave HBK a high five at a June of 1997 House show in Portland and said "Go get em, Shawn." Also that night, during the intermission I saw Rocky Maivia (during his DIE ROCKY DIE period) and I waved to him and he saw me and waved back. Pretty cool. Also, when waiting outside during the July 1, 2002 house show in Portland, Kurt Angle arrived as I yelled "HEY KURT, YOU DON'T SUCK...YOU ARE THE MAN!" and he looked back and yelled "I know." Didn't get a pic or autograph, though.

Guest MaxPower27

Met Tommy Dreamer and Bill Alfonso at a mall autograph signing a few years ago.

Both were great guys, willing to sign anything. I got polaroids with both of them, and they signed the polaroids.

I also have an ECW miniature World Title, which Tommy signed (this was after Cyberslam 2000, when he held the title for a whopping 14 minutes). He made a few wisecracks about it, and signed it.

Both were great, it was when I still worked for RFVideo at the wrestling tape cart in North Attleboro, MA.

Guest Youth N Asia

Sabu does come off as a major dick.

Me and Slingshot were waiting around after a show cause he has this sweet 24x36 bloody head shot of Corino he wanted signed. And while we were waiting around Sabu's walking around and we kinda look over in his direction and he just picks up his pace like we were going to mug him or something. I didn't even think about saying anything to him.

Dylan Night...while overrated, nice guy.

Guest HBK16

The only one worth mentioning is Shocker from CMLL. I saw him walking down the street in one of my many visits to Mexico. I walked up to him and he was very nice. He was with someone but I didnt know him. I dont think he was a wrestler though. He told us he was about to go have lunch and he invited us with him but sadly we had to go. I think back at that moment and it kills me. I had so much to talk to him about. We talked for about 15 minutes though. My dad and him hit it off really well. He speaks Spanish. He told us that next time we were in town we should contact him. He gave me dad a number but we havent gotten back to that part of Mexico since then. This was about a year ago. Im sure he has forgotten about us by now.

I met Kane at an autograph signing at the Key Arena box office. And I met Crush at a Blockbuster in Hawaii he was nice enough to sign an autograph and pose for a picture with me.

Guest Galactic Gigolo
The only one worth mentioning is Shocker from CMLL. I saw him walking down the street in one of my many visits to Mexico. I walked up to him and he was very nice. He was with someone but I didnt know him. I dont think he was a wrestler though. He told us he was about to go have lunch and he invited us with him but sadly we had to go. I think back at that moment and it kills me. I had so much to talk to him about. We talked for about 15 minutes though. My dad and him hit it off really well. He speaks Spanish. He told us that next time we were in town we should contact him. He gave me dad a number but we havent gotten back to that part of Mexico since then. This was about a year ago. Im sure he has forgotten about us by now.

I don't know why, but everytime I read this it just sounds like a small, immigrant child writing to his American penpal. Maybe it's just the short form way it was written, but it just does.

Hmm... Two "X-Pac was high" stories out of 15 or so posts. Biggggg surprise.

Funny story:

After a Raw in late 01 me and soem otehrs were waiting for the guys to come out. Most wrestlers were gone when Austin rolled out in his truck. Austin saw the fans waiting for an autograph so he waited for Kurt to come out and chased him around with the truck to amuse the crowd. After like 10 minutes Kurt got in his rental car and they chased each other around for like 20 minutes just to entertain the 10-20 fans still left. Then they stopped, got out, brawled and Austin stunned Kurt. Mind you this at 1 am two hours after the show ended. Although I didn't meet them I've respected Austin & Kurt a lot more just because that one night they stayed a half an hour later than everyone else to entertain no more than 20 fans.

Guest Slingshot Suplex
Sabu does come off as a major dick.

Me and Slingshot were waiting around after a show cause he has this sweet 24x36 bloody head shot of Corino he wanted signed. And while we were waiting around Sabu's walking around and we kinda look over in his direction and he just picks up his pace like we were going to mug him or something. I didn't even think about saying anything to him.

Holy shit..I forgot all about the Sabu incident. If I remember right, YNA and I were just hanging out waiting for Corino to come out and we happen to notice Sabu crossing the room maybe 10-15 feet away from us. Sabu noticed that we noticed him and he picks up speed. It was kinda funny because we never even made a move towards him.

And I forgot I had a brief conversation with the Headbangers at a show in Detroit right after they got signed by the WWF.

And I kinda met New Jack....I had this 20 X 30 I took to a show to try and get him to sign it. He saw it in the crowd and then asked if he could have it. How do you say no to a man that's killed people?

Guest TheGame2705
Met Tommy Dreamer and Bill Alfonso at a mall autograph signing a few years ago.

Both were great guys, willing to sign anything. I got polaroids with both of them, and they signed the polaroids.

I also have an ECW miniature World Title, which Tommy signed (this was after Cyberslam 2000, when he held the title for a whopping 14 minutes). He made a few wisecracks about it, and signed it.

Both were great, it was when I still worked for RFVideo at the wrestling tape cart in North Attleboro, MA.

Emerald Square?

I used to go there sometimes but it was way overpriced.

I was supposed to go to NY on Valentine's Day weekend and was thinking of going to WWF NY to see if they had some people there. I think for the weekend it was Jazz, Hurricane, Ivory, Bill DeMott, and someone else. I was really looking forward to meeting Ivory and Jazz. Disappointed I didn't go and that Train wasn't there at all during the month.

Guest Dmann2000

I've met a few wrestler's briefly but the one who always sticks out is Tazz.

I met him twice when ECW was doing promotion for their Heat Wave 98 PPV (first time in Dayton). Both times were at signings but he was so easy going and personal. I mean if you wanted someone to make the company look good he was doing a hell of a job.

In fact watching him today on Smackdown makes me realize that his natural personality is coming through. He took a photo with me and my friends and it's funny cause we all towered over him. But Tazz will always be a good guy in my book.