TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

WWE Judgment Day 2003

excellent job, especially considering what you had to work with...

::looks like he'll be looking on kazaa for the stretcher match when he gets home from work::

Guest nikowwf

Stretcher match was really fun, and I think Brock needs to be commended for getting that match out of Show.

Sorry Dames needed to review this putrid smelly pile of a PPV.

Guest Mik at Cornell

I'm looking for the stretcher match on Kazaa as we speak... no luck.

Guest goodhelmet

personally, i thought last month's show was much worse.

is this still a terrible ppv? absolutely... but the ladder match and the brock-show match were much better than anything on last month's show.

however, i will admit that the worst of this show (geezers, hhh-nash) was just as bad or worse than last month's shit (rock-berg, 6 mantag).

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I wonder if people will finally start to lay off the Lesnar hate for awhile.

Guest AndrewTS

Huh?

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Huh?

A lot of posters here seem to think that Lesnar belongs grouped together with all the other hosses simply because he is big and muscular. They don't seem to realize that he is actually a pretty good wrestler. He got a better match (supposedly, I didn't watch it) out of Big Show than guys like Benoit or Angle did. I'm not implying that he is better than Benoit or Angle, but people could at least cut him some slack.

Guest AndrewTS

Kahran, what are you talking about? Dames gave him a very positive and objective evaluation in that recap. I haven't seen any negative opinions about him in this thread. He generally is accepted by smarks lately as being very talented in the ring, especially for his experience level. Even Anglesault doesn't really hate him anymore.

The criticisms often made about him are: he's a bit goofy looking, which could have really hurt him as a heel; he's very poor on the mic, which he's slowly improving at.

I don't even consider him a true hoss because he's only 6'5, and most hosses are generally 6'7" or above.

So Vader doesn't even really count as a "good hoss" to me because he's too short, so he's just an excellent power wrestler to me.

Guest hebtheeagle

Great job as always, Dames. Backlash was worse than Judgment Day, but wait to you have to sit through Bad Blood! Dames, I'm beginning to feel sorry for you.

Guest Nathan_Avara

Very good Dames, and my prediction for the Bad Blood Diatrabute is:

DUD

DUD

DUD

DUD

1/2*

1/4*

DUD

DUD

BTW, are you still doing NWA:TNA? I heard somewhere that Cablevision dropped it.

Where did you hear that?

I haven't received a feed from them in 3 weeks and I've been receiving tapes every Thursday from Bob Barron to do my reviews. I need a permanent solution though because Bob will only be around for the summer.

Dames

Guest bob_barron
Where did you hear that?

I haven't received a feed from them in 3 weeks and I've been receiving tapes every Thursday from Bob Barron to do my reviews. I need a permanent solution though because Bob will only be around for the summer.

Dames

Oh come on Dames. You can take the bus to Toronto every week

Guest Miss Indy Queen
Where did you hear that?

Dames

Word going around is Cablevision did drop it because not many people were ordering the ppv's from them. It looks like they're only going to carry WWE (b.c people out there actually buy the ppv's) and any special events like concerts, boxing, etc.

Guest bob_barron

My friend in Westchester still gets TNA I think. He hasn't bought it in a few weeks though

Guest Miss Indy Queen

A friend of mine spoke to a guy who works at cablevision because I asked him to. He said that's what the guy had told him.

Yeah in Westchester people are still getting it because I believe that's media one, and my friend got it in this past wednesday.

Edited by Miss Indy Queen

Guest Coffey
A friend of mine spoke to a guy who works at cablevision

Yeah, that sounds reliable...

Guest Coffey
Just wondering, how long will this topic be pinned for?

I don't know why they get pinned in the first place. I mean, they are already at the top of the forum, if people don't want to read it, they aren't going to whether the topic is pinned or not.

My $.02