TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Lesnar and Heyman disagree on Angle's return...

Guest Goodear

Oh sweet Jesus, Rudo... you are not going to do another title holder heel turn with Paul Heyman providing the axis again! I thought we wanted new bookings, not the same story they have already down twice in the last year with Show and Angle.

Guest Lord of The Curry

But this isn't the same story. It's not "Heyman needs to keep the title away from Brock by any means". It's "Brock is doubting himself and he knows only Heyman can restore him to his former glory."

You could have Brock cut a promo before he turns talking about how he hasn't felt like the same wrestler since fighting Angle at WrestleMania. He can talk about how for the first time in his career, he doubted himself and only Heyman can help him become the killing machine he once was.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

It's not a rehashing, it's a natural continuation. Plus, Brock as a heel is MUCHO better than Brock as a face. Benoit *can't* turn heel again. Rhyno as a heel is better than Rhyno as a face. And the fans want Kurt as a face. The storyline this time around isn't Paul Heyman vs. Kurt Angle like it was Paul Heyman vs. Brock Lesnar, It's Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle with Heyman being the sleazeball that he is and manipulating a vunerable champion.

Guest The Tino Standard

I don't really buy into the motivation for Lesnar doubting himself. He beat Angle cleanly at WrestleMania and he's successfully defended his title at two PPVs since. What's to doubt?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Considering that Angle was injured and kicked out of an F5 - lots.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Plus Cena and Big Show are like freakin Tomato Cans.

Guest Goodear

Plus, Brock as a heel is MUCHO better than Brock as a face.

Really? I don't agree with that, personally. I think Brock has evolved past the "Grrr me angry" heel character to start to develop a nice little likable personality. Plus his offense is going to get cheered no matter what, which is why they turned him to begin with as far as I can recall.

Benoit *can't* turn heel again.

Agreed.

Rhyno as a heel is better than Rhyno as a face.

Agreed.

And the fans want Kurt as a face.

Huh? I think the fans enjoy the hell out of booing Kurt as shown by their reaction to just a picture of the guy. He's not an aggravating heel that you just plain hate, he's the heel you love to hate. Turning him face makes him just plain boring.

The storyline this time around isn't Paul Heyman vs. Kurt Angle like it was Paul Heyman vs. Brock Lesnar, It's Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle with Heyman being the sleazeball that he is and manipulating a vunerable champion.

But how is Brock vulnerable? See, I don't so much even have a problem with Kurt playing face against a heel Brock (although its not what I would do) so much as I'm against putting Paul in there as the first heel thing that Brock does. Putting Paul back into the World Title picture as the guy who jumps to the champion just seems like repetition to me especially since that would make the fourth world champion in a row he'd have been managing.

Guest Goodear
Considering that Angle was injured and kicked out of an F5 - lots.

Considering this is WWE we're talking about and that happens just about every pay-per-veiw anymore, I don't think that would work with the fans. It would be simpler just to have Angle bring that up to throw doubt into the rematch... like 'I had a broken neck and that's why you won yah punkass.'

Guest The Hamburglar

Well lookee here, Paul Heyman wants to return to a pivotal on-air role in which he is once again the centre of the title scene. Who could possibly have seen that one coming? Such a selfless creative influence, that Heyman, always putting the workers before himself.

Guest El Psycho Diablo
Well lookee here, Paul Heyman wants to return to a pivotal on-air role in which he is once again the centre of the title scene. Who could possibly have seen that one coming? Such a selfless creative influence, that Heyman, always putting the workers before himself.

At least Heyman wouldn't really put himself over a wrestler *cough* Vince *cough*

As bad as it is to have Heyman with the WWE Champion or near that title via wrestler...it's not as bad as this though...

Paul Heyman: WWE Champion.

Besides, this kinda reminds me of what Sunny did with the tag team champions back in 1996...

Guest Goodear

I hear "it could be worse" is an argument only for the apologists... but that is just the sarcasim talking.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Really? I don't agree with that, personally. I think Brock has evolved past the "Grrr me angry" heel character to start to develop a nice little likable personality. Plus his offense is going to get cheered no matter what, which is why they turned him to begin with as far as I can recall.

What is his character now? Did the fans turn on Brock at Backlash? I didn't watch, but I hear that's the story.

Huh? I think the fans enjoy the hell out of booing Kurt as shown by their reaction to just a picture of the guy. He's not an aggravating heel that you just plain hate, he's the heel you love to hate. Turning him face makes him just plain boring.

Did you watch at all in November? Angle was coming out to HUUUUGE cheers. I didn't watch WM but I hear he was getting cheered more than Brock.

But how is Brock vulnerable?

Seeing Angle - his former enemy - get cheered. This is his second year in the WWE - he doesn't know how to handle that. He's used to getting cheered and to see Angle come back and get bigger cheers (which I assume will happen given the nature of WWE fans) just breaks his lil brain. A Brock vs. Angle rematch is bound to happen and he's not sure how to act. Hell, you could throw in some "Brock has been getting fed Tomato Cans like Cena and Big Show because Steph wants to protect her golden boy champion "(given that he already has F5'd BS on numerous occasions) and it has Brock doubting his own abilities. This is the first time he's ever done that and it has him worried.

See, I don't so much even have a problem with Kurt playing face against a heel Brock (although its not what I would do) so much as I'm against putting Paul in there as the first heel thing that Brock does.Putting Paul back into the World Title picture as the guy who jumps to the champion just seems like repetition to me especially since that would make the fourth world champion in a row he'd have been managing.

But it's not because Brock is the champ, it's because Brock needs Paul... That's why Paul left him in the first place, because Brock didn't need Paul. Since Paul can help Brock deal with the Angle situation, Brock sees value in bringing back his old manager. Paul brings security.

Guest El Psycho Diablo
I hear "it could be worse" is an argument only for the apologists... but that is just the sarcasim talking.

If that's true, then "It should be better" or "Why aren't they doing anything with Benoit, damnit?!" has to be the bitter smark battle cry.

;)

Guest Goodear

What is his character now? Did the fans turn on Brock at Backlash? I didn't watch, but I hear that's the story.

He's a lot more human. It's like Brock is more of an everyguy with a huge body than anything else. He likes a challenge and isn't scared of any man. I wouldn't know about PPVs to be honest since I'm sure as hell never going to buy one. But booking by a PPV audience's reaction has been known to be a killer... see Hogan. Brock's usually in the top two over guys on television though.

Did you watch at all in November? Angle was coming out to HUUUUGE cheers. I didn't watch WM but I hear he was getting cheered more than Brock.

They cheer and do 'You suck' to the music. People love Angle as a heel. I think you lose a lot of his fun if you try and turn him into a face. I'm basically basing it on his face run with Austin, but I think the heel charcter is a lot more flexible and plays to Angle a lot better.

Seeing Angle - his former enemy - get cheered. This is his second year in the WWE - he doesn't know how to handle that. He's used to getting cheered and to see Angle come back and get bigger cheers (which I assume will happen given the nature of WWE fans) just breaks his lil brain.

But Brock's character doesn't seem to have a problem with taking on anyone. Just before the tornement finish with Cena and Benoit, Brock didn't really care who won, since he just wanted to fight. Not to mention when Angle first won the title from Show and wasn't a heel again yet, Lesnar didn't have issue with a match then. He's almost an old school throwback where his character would love to face anyone.

A Brock vs. Angle rematch is bound to happen and he's not sure how to act. Hell, you could throw in some "Brock has been getting fed Tomato Cans like Cena and Big Show because Steph wants to protect her golden boy champion "(given that he already has F5'd BS on numerous occasions) and it has Brock doubting his own abilities. This is the first time he's ever done that and it has him worried.

I don't have a problem with that but I think Angle could still do that as a heel and it would fit more to his character as a heel than as a face.

But it's not because Brock is the champ, it's because Brock needs Paul... That's why Paul left him in the first place, because Brock didn't need Paul. Since Paul can help Brock deal with the Angle situation, Brock sees value in bringing back his old manager. Paul brings security.

Brock should be past that by now. Like returning Brock to square one is too much regression for a guy that has been evolving and improving over the months since Paul left. I don't think Paul adds anything to the main event equation even if you turn Brock heel.

Guest TheHulkster

I definitely think they should slow things down a bit. Lesnar and Angle don't need to fight right when Angle comes back. That's just more of that McMahon blowing your load before reaching the hole BS that has killed many a storyline these past few years. They should do Benoit Vs Lesnar first and build off of that. They could sell it as 2 top faces who have never battled in the ring before and drive home the point that this could be the day that Benoit wins the big one. During the course of the feud, Angle could come back and demand a rematch with Brock Lesnar in the near future. Benoit can then do the job to Lesnar, and HE could begin to doubt himself. It would make more sense than Lesnar doubting himself because Benoit has never really won a major main event pay per view match in the WWE. Angle, in his infinite smugness, can contribute to Benoit's dejection by entering his locker room and telling how much of a loser he is no matter how much the fans cheer for him. This could drive Benoit to the point where he doesn't want to be a professional wrestler anymore because he will never be a world champion. On his way out of the arena, and potentially out of pro wrestling altogether, his good buddy Rhyno could race to catch him and offer him a proposition to get him out of his rut without actually telling the viewer what it is. After Benoit is done with his conversation with Rhyno and walks away, Rhyno could break out his cell phone and call and unnamed source, ensuring them that Benoit is on board for their respective plan. Later on, perhaps that night or the next week, Angle could come out and proclaim himself the next challenger for Lesnar's title at the upcoming pay per view. Out of nowhere, Benoit can come out of the crowd in street clothes and brutalize Angle, locking him in the Crippler Crossface. They could sell the severe injury of Angle's neck. Officials could rush to the aid of Angle, only to be cut off by Rhyno, also running out from the crowd in street clothes, carrying a steel pipe or a 2X4 or something. It could go to the point where other wrestlers from the back rush out to help the cause, but get their ass beat by Rhyno and his weapon of choice (just because thats something old school that they should bring back). Benoit could keep the hold locked untill Angle passes out, then he could release it and leave, leaving Angle to get carted out in an ambulance. The Next week, Beoit could come out and appologize for his actions, but claim that he's sick of being screwed out of his opportunities to become the WWE heavyweight champion in a very early '97 Bret Hart-esque way. Brock could then come out, mid-promo, and state that he HAD a lot of respect for Benoit untill he seen what he did the week prior. Other wrestlers in the back can be shown making comments and shaking their heads when Benoit walks by them, ashamed that he would go out of his way to take another man's livelyhood away from him after coming back from such a severe injury. The week after, Benoit can begin to show remorse for his actions and demand promo time to appologize personally to Angle and his family and ask for their forgiveness despite Rhyno's behest for him not to care about Angle and focus on his potential World Title rematch since Angle is out of the picture. Benoit begins to appologize, but is cut off by Rhyno's music. Rhyno walks to the ring with a purpose, wearing an enraged look upon his face. Once he makes it to the ring, he confronts Benoit and questions if he is grateful for the opportunity that he has given him. Benoit screams back at him that he didn't want it to happen that way. Rhyno can then introduce the mastermind behind the plan to take out Angle, hoping he could change Benoit's mind: Paul Heyman. Heyman can then cut a promo on how Brock and Angle thought that didn't need him, and were ungrateful about what he had done to further their careers. What he had seen in Benoit was a man of incredible talent, who was given the short end of the stick many times because people took advantage of the fact that he was a wrestler with integrity, a wrestler who always walked the straight and narrow, but that straight and narrow path had led him nowhere and he needs a little extra assistance to achieve his dream of becoming the WWE world heavyweight champion. Benoit could be unsure of whether to take Heyman's side or not and the saga can continue the next week.

I know I was a bit long winded, and I would go further if I didn't write so much already, but thats what I would like to see. Brock as a Face champion, Angle as a sympathetic Heel, and Benoit as a tweener torn between his morality and his longstanding desire to become the WWE Champion. If you've watched and have understood wrestling angles for a long time, the shit writes itself. I'm sure many of you have your own ideas of what you would like to see, and i'm sure most of them will probably be better than what we get, not to be a pessimist or anything. At least we'll get some great matches out of it.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

He's a lot more human. It's like Brock is more of an everyguy with a huge body than anything else. He likes a challenge and isn't scared of any man. I wouldn't know about PPVs to be honest since I'm sure as hell never going to buy one. But booking by a PPV audience's reaction has been known to be a killer... see Hogan. Brock's usually in the top two over guys on television though.

But Brock shouldn't be an everyman. He isn't Stone Cold, but he shouldn't be Goldberg either. I look at Brock more as a Big Jock. That can play both ways, but it works best as a heel. Here he is the star linebacker who sees his spotlight being taken by the new runningback and doesn't know how to deal with it.

They cheer and do 'You suck' to the music.

That's cause the fans love to chant... the sorry bastards.

People love Angle as a heel. I think you lose a lot of his fun if you try and turn him into a face. I'm basically basing it on his face run with Austin, but I think the heel charcter is a lot more flexible and plays to Angle a lot better.

The face turn in 01 was really poorly done. They based his feud with Austin around Hugs and Medals and then they had a character change out of no where. Here the change can be attributed to Angle's injury, surgery, time off and subsequent reflection on his stay in the WWE. Him saying that he appreciates the fans should guilt the fans, it won't stop the "you suck" chants, but he could always get new music anyways ;) I'd have him come out and say "I realized something. I need the gold. I've always needed it. Be it around my neck or around my waist, but I need it. I don't know why, maybe it's the recognition that if you hold the gold that you are the best in the world. I was trained to be the best, everyday when I was an amateur wrestler it was instilled in me that I had to be the best. So when I was lying in that hospital bed reflecting on my past and my past title run I realized something - I didn't really earn that title. I took the title from a man who didn't get that title fairly. Big Show stole that belt from you so all I was carrying was stolen property. Then I had that damn Paul Heyman in my ear saying that I deserved it and how he'd make sure that I kept it. But I wasn't the true champion and deep down inside I knew it. I wanted to prove to myself that I was the best and at WM, dispite being injured, I went and took you to the limit Brock. And now I'm back, healthy, and we're back at square one. You're the true champion and I have to beat you straight up for it to be the best. I'm ready for it, are you?"

As much as I find heel Angle really entertaining, Kurt doesn't need that. If he stays heel he will just be goofy Angle all over again. He needs a strong face run to put him over the top.

But Brock's character doesn't seem to have a problem with taking on anyone. Just before the tornement finish with Cena and Benoit, Brock didn't really care who won, since he just wanted to fight. Not to mention when Angle first won the title from Show and wasn't a heel again yet, Lesnar didn't have issue with a match then. He's almost an old school throwback where his character would love to face anyone.

I'd chalk it up to the sophmore jinx. Brock had such a strong rookie year that he doesn't know how to top himself. Now here's Kurt Angle coming back, the man who - while injured - took him to the limits. He was the only one to ever kick out of the F5, he was the one who forced Brock to go do something stupid (SSP) he's the guy who's the olympic wrestling champion who's back better than ever. With all of this on his mind, Brock finds himself conflicted - for the first time ever in his life - he's not totally in control, he's not the centre of attention, and he very well could lose the title if he's not careful.

I don't have a problem with that but I think Angle could still do that as a heel and it would fit more to his character as a heel than as a face.

I think it all comes down to Brocks reaction. Would Brock rise to the occasion and prove Angle wrong, or would Brock start doubting his abilities. I think it would work better to have Brock start doubting his abilities. We have a man who lives his life on strength and power, knowing true weakness for the first time. He doesn't know how to deal with it, and now here's Paul Heyman - the guy who led him to gold the first time and introduced him to the world wrestling federation - in his ear saying "I can make that weakness go away". This is not just a heel turn for the sake of a heel turn like Kurt Angles was, this is the human reaction that a seemingly inhuman man makes. You're right, it *is* a regression, but it's one that fits a big jock like Brock Lesnar.

Brock should be past that by now. Like returning Brock to square one is too much regression for a guy that has been evolving and improving over the months since Paul left. I don't think Paul adds anything to the main event equation even if you turn Brock heel.

I think that Brock can easily afford this regression. It's not like he's a pussy, he's just a young guy with a lot on his place and is someone who is trying to seek assurance that he is making the right moves. If anything, it adds to his character because it involves pathos and self-doubt and his inner-feelings. It adds a dimention that, yes may be "Brock Smash!" but it explains why he smashes.

Guest Anglesault

Me want Lesnar vs. Angle.

I'm not willing to wait through months of tedious storylines to get there.

That is all.

Guest BorneAgain
I definitely think they should slow things down a bit. Lesnar and Angle don't need to fight right when Angle comes back. That's just more of that McMahon blowing your load before reaching the hole BS that has killed many a storyline these past few years. They should do Benoit Vs Lesnar first and build off of that. They could sell it as 2 top faces who have never battled in the ring before and drive home the point that this could be the day that Benoit wins the big one. During the course of the feud, Angle could come back and demand a rematch with Brock Lesnar in the near future. Benoit can then do the job to Lesnar, and HE could begin to doubt himself. It would make more sense than Lesnar doubting himself because Benoit has never really won a major main event pay per view match in the WWE. Angle, in his infinite smugness, can contribute to Benoit's dejection by entering his locker room and telling how much of a loser he is no matter how much the fans cheer for him. This could drive Benoit to the point where he doesn't want to be a professional wrestler anymore because he will never be a world champion. On his way out of the arena, and potentially out of pro wrestling altogether, his good buddy Rhyno could race to catch him and offer him a proposition to get him out of his rut without actually telling the viewer what it is. After Benoit is done with his conversation with Rhyno and walks away, Rhyno could break out his cell phone and call and unnamed source, ensuring them that Benoit is on board for their respective plan. Later on, perhaps that night or the next week, Angle could come out and proclaim himself the next challenger for Lesnar's title at the upcoming pay per view. Out of nowhere, Benoit can come out of the crowd in street clothes and brutalize Angle, locking him in the Crippler Crossface. They could sell the severe injury of Angle's neck. Officials could rush to the aid of Angle, only to be cut off by Rhyno, also running out from the crowd in street clothes, carrying a steel pipe or a 2X4 or something. It could go to the point where other wrestlers from the back rush out to help the cause, but get their ass beat by Rhyno and his weapon of choice (just because thats something old school that they should bring back). Benoit could keep the hold locked untill Angle passes out, then he could release it and leave, leaving Angle to get carted out in an ambulance. The Next week, Beoit could come out and appologize for his actions, but claim that he's sick of being screwed out of his opportunities to become the WWE heavyweight champion in a very early '97 Bret Hart-esque way. Brock could then come out, mid-promo, and state that he HAD a lot of respect for Benoit untill he seen what he did the week prior. Other wrestlers in the back can be shown making comments and shaking their heads when Benoit walks by them, ashamed that he would go out of his way to take another man's livelyhood away from him after coming back from such a severe injury. The week after, Benoit can begin to show remorse for his actions and demand promo time to appologize personally to Angle and his family and ask for their forgiveness despite Rhyno's behest for him not to care about Angle and focus on his potential World Title rematch since Angle is out of the picture. Benoit begins to appologize, but is cut off by Rhyno's music. Rhyno walks to the ring with a purpose, wearing an enraged look upon his face. Once he makes it to the ring, he confronts Benoit and questions if he is grateful for the opportunity that he has given him. Benoit screams back at him that he didn't want it to happen that way. Rhyno can then introduce the mastermind behind the plan to take out Angle, hoping he could change Benoit's mind: Paul Heyman. Heyman can then cut a promo on how Brock and Angle thought that didn't need him, and were ungrateful about what he had done to further their careers. What he had seen in Benoit was a man of incredible talent, who was given the short end of the stick many times because people took advantage of the fact that he was a wrestler with integrity, a wrestler who always walked the straight and narrow, but that straight and narrow path had led him nowhere and he needs a little extra assistance to achieve his dream of becoming the WWE world heavyweight champion. Benoit could be unsure of whether to take Heyman's side or not and the saga can continue the next week.

I know I was a bit long winded, and I would go further if I didn't write so much already, but thats what I would like to see. Brock as a Face champion, Angle as a sympathetic Heel, and Benoit as a tweener torn between his morality and his longstanding desire to become the WWE Champion. If you've watched and have understood wrestling angles for a long time, the shit writes itself. I'm sure many of you have your own ideas of what you would like to see, and i'm sure most of them will probably be better than what we get, not to be a pessimist or anything. At least we'll get some great matches out of it.

This sounds like a great idea and could lead to a cool three way feud if done right

Guest Army Eye

I think Heyman just favors whatever results in the biggest push for Rhyno. He is absolutely in love with Rhyno.. has always wanted him pushed to the moon.

Guest Anglesault
I think Heyman just favors whatever results in the biggest push for Rhyno. He is absolutely in love with Rhyno.. has always wanted him pushed to the moon.

Don't hold that against him.

Guest JDMattitudeV1

I'm for either option, as long as it gets Hogan and Piper out of the main events, I'll be happy.

Guest RedJed

Considering Angle and Lesnar hugged and shook hands at Mania, I think it would be ridiculous to continue a heel Angle v. a face Lesnar feud.........especially right away when Angle returns. That would mean Angle would have to return and revert to pretty strong heel tendancies which is the exact opposite progression his character has been since the Rumble to Mania. He was slowly becoming more credible and in turn was slowly turning more babyface, or at least a solid tweener. Makes no sense why Vince or Lesnar for that matter would want this........but of course nothing Vince thinks is a good idea surprises me anymore, its a contiuing absurdity month after month these days.

I dont think Benoit should be a heel though also, not yet, so I have to be critical of the Heyman/Angle idea as well. Maybe down the road you turn him, but that would take time. It couldnt be a night and day thing really.

My feeling is that Rhyno should definately turn soon, and on Benoit. The whole Heyman managing idea doesnt need to be done at all, but it wouldnt hurt him as manager of Rhyno either. Throw Benoit and Rhyno in a notable match with Show and Albert or something (you could have Heyman come down to the ring during this match in a return, in assumption that he's just managing the heel team again as well) and Rhyno does the turn. So you have a Rhyno-Benoit program for the rest of the summer here, etc, etc.

At the same time is when Angle is now back and is continuing on the path of turning full face. When he comes back I think it will be natural for the fans to still boo him a bit, but he could play on that and say from sitting out this long, he took a long look at his career and decided he wasn't proud of what he became......whatever else. Anyway for a bit he has conflicts of trying to do the right things (as in gaining more face tendancies) but yet he tries to support his friends like Team Angle and if Heyman returned, you could play into that as well in that he has a very on and off feeling towards him and even the Rhyno turn on Benoit, even though he makes it clear he still has animosity towards Benoit somewhat, which he admits is just because he is a threat, but he still has competitive issues towards Benoit or whatever. So you can have Benoit and Angle still cut angles against each other slightly, more than anything to progress an eventual double turn of both men (which I will get to in a second).

Anyway, Angle upon his return DOES get involved with Lesnar right away and works towards them in a match at either the first SD ppv or SummerSlam. By the time of the match Angle is clearly a tweener, even slightly more a face. The matches story is that Angle is 100 percent now and means business......wants to make up for the Mania loss, but the right way by outwrestling him (the pure wrestling aspect of the rematch is pushed ALOT more this time around than last time). Lesnars character and story is about that he has something to prove in return....if he can beat a healthy Angle. The finish of the match is insignificant, but at the end both of them pretty much show a complete friendship and from this point is where you would then turn Benoit, after this match. On some Smackdown soon after you have Benoit get in Angles face for either wanting a title match right then and now even though Angle is obviously worse for wear after the title match (assuming Angle wins the title from Lesnar) or gets on Angle for not being able to get the job done (assuming Angle loses to Lesnar). Angle basically tells Benoit after all the time, he has finally gotten ahold of his issues with Benoit, and he respects him, etc. He puts out his hand, and Benoit instead spits in his face. Angle then says if thats how he feels, so be it. And Angle walks away......but Benoit attacks him from behind and lays a beatdown. Lesnar does a run-in during all of this and confronts Benoit face to face. Following the pack is Rhyno, who enters and looks like he will spear Benoit, but Benoit whips Lesnar into Rhyno for the gore. For a second it looks like mass confusion and that Benoit and Rhyno are about to go at it, but then they end up embracing, and forming a team once again. So they have a program but then end up back together when Benoit finally snaps for being overlooked, basically. I'm sure I've left a ton out of executing this idea, but this is how I would do it.

EDIT - forgot to mention that Edge should/could also be brought in post Lesnar-Angle match to congratulate Angle for finally turning into a person he can respect and admire since he returned, and at the same time Edge could reveal that Benoit was behind the attack of him.

Edited by RedJed

Guest Austin3164life

If booked as a serious franchise guy, Angle can be a great face, because he's a similar character to Bret Hart, who was a good face (underrated as a top face character). They just need to stop booking the comedy segments. They did well during Brock/Angle I, but he was still outsmarted (when the heel should outsmart the face).

Guest NoSelfWorth

Kurt Angle had the potential to be one of the greatest babyfaces of all time. I doubt that's the case anymore after the stupid and pointless comedy they've had him do in the least two years.

Guest Austin3164life

He still has potential to be not only the greatest face, but the greatest pro-wrestler EVER.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I'd just want to see the team of Benoit and Angle as total faces. I mean, they won the Tag Tourny was enemies, imagine what they can do as allies?

Guest Downhome

I don't see why they don't just do a Benoit/Lesner vs Angle/Team Angle/Rhyno program. That way, both Benoit and Rhyno (and Team Angle) all get a rub by working with someone who is deemed higher than them, and this could make for some damn interesting matches.

I wouldn't really care who Paul Heyman get's with, or who are the faces or heels, I just want to see all of these guys in the same program. :D

Guest RavishingRickRudo

The problem with Benoit/Lesnar is that *Lesnar* is the talkative one of the group.