TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Lesnar and Heyman disagree on Angle's return...

Guest Army Eye
I think Heyman just favors whatever results in the biggest push for Rhyno.  He is absolutely in love with Rhyno.. has always wanted him pushed to the moon.

Don't hold that against him.

Heh, whatever it is that's appealing about Rhyno just doesn't resonate with me for some reason. He's one of those things in wrestling I don't quite 'get'.

Guest Goodear
He still has potential to be not only the greatest face, but the greatest pro-wrestler EVER.

Like hell. The guy has at most like another three years left in the tank (probably less). That just simply is not enough time to put the best wrestler ever label on his head. No way.

Guest Goodear
Kurt Angle had the potential to be one of the greatest babyfaces of all time. I doubt that's the case anymore after the stupid and pointless comedy they've had him do in the least two years.

Am I the only one here who realizes the "stupid and pointless" comedy is what seperates Angle from the rest of the pack as far as his character is concerned? It's not like being funny hurt Rock and Foley as long as they could turn the switch and pull out the anger and as far as I'm concerned, Angle has the same gift. Making him just another ass kicker would be stupid since its its humor that helps him stand out from everyone else.

Guest The Hamburglar

Yeah, if you don't like the "stupid and pointless comedy" you're simply missing out on one of Angle's greatest strengths. Looking back on his career, some of his skits will be remembered as much as his matches. For example, that fake interview he did with the Rock...genius, I tells ya.

Guest Lord of The Curry

It's the very same "stupid and pointless" comedy that keeps Angle from being taken seriously. The man has never, and I mean NEVER been taken seriously in his WWE career. The goofy voice and interview style aka constant bobbing of neck doesn't help him either.

Guest Goodear
It's the very same "stupid and pointless" comedy that keeps Angle from being taken seriously. The man has never, and I mean NEVER been taken seriously in his WWE career. The goofy voice and interview style aka constant bobbing of neck doesn't help him either.

Seriously by who exactly? Because I'm struggling to come up with a group that doesn't care about Kurt Angle. I don't know this is like telling Rey Mysterio to go out and not fly around the ring. Why take away something that Angle does well for some nebulous return.

Guest Lord of The Curry

Because Angle is a goofball. A "whacky" character. He's not "Kurt Angle, amazing wrestler who will fuck you up" he's "Kurt Angle, never been booked to look like a threat". Explain to me when Angle has been booked to look strong.

When I say "seriously", I mean by both the IWC and the general WWE marks. I was watching SCSA's "What?" dvd the other day and there's a section devoted to just how much saying "What?" pisses Angle off. That's the mentality the WWE has towards Angle. They think "Hey, the fans chant 'You Suck' at him so he MUST be a funny guy! So, let's book him to look like a retard who drives scooters and milk trucks!". Do people take Brock Lesnar seriously? Yes. Do people take Chris Benoit seriously? Yes. Shit, people take HHH and HBK more seriously then Angle.......

Guest Anglesault
Kurt Angle had the potential to be one of the greatest babyfaces of all time. I doubt that's the case anymore after the stupid and pointless comedy they've had him do in the least two years.

Am I the only one here who realizes the "stupid and pointless" comedy is what seperates Angle from the rest of the pack as far as his character is concerned?

Yeah. I kept him from ever being a true main eventer

It's not like being funny hurt Rock and Foley as long as they could turn the switch and pull out the anger

Rock made all the jokes. Angle is the BUTT of all the jokes.

And Foley's true big guy main event persona, Cactus, was not a walking joke like the others.

Guest Banky

His no nonsense attitude from the Rumble until Wrestlemania was great. It demonstrated his ability to get over without being a comedy act. The vignettes over the past few weeks have been of the same serious irk. I think Kurt Angle will come back, and be the rock solid Steve Austin worker for the next 5 years. He'll show he still has gas left in the tank, be a team player, and become one, if not the greatest, WWE champions of all-time.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

1)As long as Kurt Angle stays in the WWE he will never be the best professional wrestler ever.

2)Goofy Angle is midcard, Serious Angle is Main Event. When Angle says "I'm going to kick your ass" that should have people take notice, not laugh and say "oh that Kurt, he's so whacky, where's that banana peel?"

Guest Banky
1)As long as Kurt Angle stays in the WWE he will never be the best professional wrestler ever.

2)Goofy Angle is midcard, Serious Angle is Main Event. When Angle says "I'm going to kick your ass" that should have people take notice, not laugh and say "oh that Kurt, he's so whacky, where's that banana peel?"

Eh, it my non-cynical world I can still be entertained by Angle as a wrestler...and consider him one of the greatest wrestlers. If he continues to work the style he did at WM, I consider him better than anyone currently on the roster.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Ok, so what does you being entertained have to do with (a)how good kurt angle is and (b) how great kurt angle is? It's called standards, apply them.

Guest Banky
Ok, so what does you being entertained have to do with (a)how good kurt angle is and (b) how great kurt angle is? It's called standards, apply them.

Oh, you're so fucking witty. Your Jubuki-lite act isn't endearing you to anyone.

Banky's entertainment doesn't need explaining. I'd consider explaining WHY I am entertained, but that would be a waste of breathe. You already have your opinion, and you'll only transform into the aforementioned gimmick of critisizing others who don't share the same opinion as yourself.

Kurt Angle entertains me.

Do-do-do-da-da-da.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Ok that's fabulous. I don't see how "jubuki-ish" it is to want someone to explain their line of thinking, but fine. Your consideration in this matter is meaningless - what you think of Kurt Angle being anything is meaningless, if you can't explain it beyond "duh, he's funnay and intataynin and I likes it", there is no value to your opinion. Value can be placed on opinion, that Value is dictated by the person having it and his/her reasons and rationale for it. Yours is very weak. I'm not saying this to flame, I'm not saying this to be witty, I'm saying it to help improve the quality of posts around here. Too many people here think that "It's my opinion" is enough to explain something - guess what? It's not. You can like whomever you like, you can like Kurt Angle, you can like Scott Steiner, but when you make statements like "and consider him one of the greatest wrestlers" don't be surprised if you're being expected to back it up.

I don't care if you have a different opinion than me, I am very secure in my reasons in holding Kurt Angle out of the "Greatest of all time" light, I'd like to know yours. If you think it's a "waste of breathe" then why did you bring it up in the first place? My "act" here is not to be endearing, it's to discuss professional wrestling. But you go with your do-do's and da-da's and live in your non-cynical world.

Guest Banky

"Its called standards, apply them."

You treat me like a fucking asshole, then I choose not discuss matters with you. Thats how Jubuki acted, and everyone hated him for it. Its your perogative to act like a cunt as you please. Its fine by me, but I have decided to avoid such conflicts in this folder, as it climaxes in a bunch of insults for finding something positive in the shows.

Kurt Angle

Why I find him to be the greatest in the WWE

by

Banky

He looks sexy with a shaved head.

THE END

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Oh I'm sorry, was I supposed to dumb it down for you?

Would you have preferred?

"Banky, would you please do me the honour of sharing why you believe, with all your worldly, non-cynical-and-therefore-better thoughts and opinions, that Kurt Angle is the greatest, or one of the greatest, professional wrestlers of all time?"

But then you'd probably call me disingenuous, you non-cynic you.

Guest Banky
Oh I'm sorry, was I supposed to dumb it down for you?

Would you have preferred?

"Banky, would you please do me the honour of sharing why you believe, with all your worldly, non-cynical-and-therefore-better thoughts and opinions, that Kurt Angle is the greatest, or one of the greatest, professional wrestlers of all time?"

But then you'd probably call me disingenuous, you non-cynic you.

I'm not a cynic, you are correct. We shall not get into this again. As your 14 years of passionate wrestling viewing will overcome my casual opinions. Happy?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Not really, cause your explanation for why Angle is one of the greatest of all time is a bit lacking.

Kurt Angle may never become the greatest wrestler of all time, but I can certainly see him becoming the greatest or one of the greatest WWE homegrown talents of all-time. He has a very respectable work-rate, he has loads of charisma, and he is excellent on the mic.

Also taking into consideration how long he has been in this business, I have no doubt in my mind that if he were able to go for another 5-7 years, travel to some different promotions over in japan, he could be one of the best. He has enough natural talent and instinct that Pro. Wrestling seems to come fairly naturally to him.

The problem is, he is such a company man I have a hard time picturing him ever leaving the WWE to travel to japan and work some of the promotions over there. It would really do him a lot of good though, and I would love to see it.

Edited by Invictus

Guest RavishingRickRudo

That's generally my issue with Kurt Angle - he's WWE homegrown. I think he has the potential to be one of the greatest, but he won't be because he is limited by the WWE and their (crappy) style.

Guest Lord of The Curry

Yeah, shit, I mean, look at the homegrown WWE talent he's up against. Uh....Edge....Test....Albert.....Randy Orton....yeah! What a list!