TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

Who here is racist?

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
You guys should really think before you type.

That's funny coming from you...

Face it you're racist so just stop denying it. It's one thing to be racist, but it's another thing to sit there trying to convince people that you aren't. On and better yet you're being racist while trying to convince us you're not racist.

Do us all a favor and stop the bullshit.

Now, am I as bad as the jerk offs that burn crosses?

YES you are just as bad as them. You just don't get it...do you? Racism is bad period and there's no such thing as good racism.

So you sitting there and acting like your racism is ok since you're not a member of the KKK, proves that you either don't get it or that you're flat out ignorant.

You sir are the ignorant one. Did I once say that racism is good? How you can sit there and not say that you haven't got any racial tendencies is crazy? We all do, I am just man enough to admit my short comings, where you are not. IMO, that is ignorant.

Guest mach7

No racism from me. If anything, the whole HUMAN RACE deserves to be mocked and ridiculed.

Especially the ones who overuse the word "owned." *shudders*

Guest oldschoolwrestling
So the Mexican is the bottom of the Spanish speaking peoples?

We don't give a fuck. We kicked ass at the alamo, and fought off the French to earn a Cinco de Mayo holiday and the punk ass Spaniards to earn a real independence day. We invented lowrider bikes and hydraulics for our Monte Carlos. Nothing else matters.

Guest Flyboy

We don't give a fuck. We kicked ass at the alamo

And what did that lead to? Making Texans mad as hell and causing them to destroy Mexico.

Santa Anna can lick my balls.

Guest HungryJack

Pancho Villa is awesome.

That's all I can really say about Mexico.

Guest El Satanico

Yes...because the french are great

I mean come on they love Jerry Lewis...they are gods...gods I say.

You filthy pig dog americans are jealous...yes JEALOUS of the French!

Guest Ripper

Its simple...to be racist is to dislike someone based on their race...to dislike someone based solely on their apperance is ignorant...If you are racist you are a ignorant fuck.

Prejudice is to have preconcieved notions about people due to...well...anything Be it race, social status, weight, height...anything. I think everyone has a little bit of prejudice in them. We as humans make assuptions based on the information that we have and at first all we have is apperance.

Now if you are disliking that person or labeling them with stereotypes, you are pretty much a dumbass and trying to say that everyone else is like you and just won't admit it is ridiculous. If you are a fucking dick don't try to make everyone else one (Johnson1620...I'm looking at you). I'm sure that sheepfuckers say everyone else wants to do it but their just men enough to go through with it...don't make it true...not at all.

Guest oldschoolwrestling
Pancho Villa is awesome.

That's all I can really say about Mexico.

What about Taco Bell? No love?

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
Its simple...to be racist is to dislike someone based on their race...to dislike someone based solely on their apperance is ignorant...If you are racist you are a ignorant fuck.

Prejudice is to have preconcieved notions about people due to...well...anything Be it race, social status, weight, height...anything. I think everyone has a little bit of prejudice in them. We as humans make assuptions based on the information that we have and at first all we have is apperance.

Now if you are disliking that person or labeling them with stereotypes, you are pretty much a dumbass and trying to say that everyone else is like you and just won't admit it is ridiculous. If you are a fucking dick don't try to make everyone else one (Johnson1620...I'm looking at you). I'm sure that sheepfuckers say everyone else wants to do it but their just men enough to go through with it...don't make it true...not at all.

To the extent of prejudice you are correct. That would be a better way to put it.

Guest Spicy McHaggis
Latino and Hispanic are alot better than being called Mexican.

This is the kind of crap I can't stand...

If you're from Mexico, you are Mexican, no matter what.

The term "Hispanic" has absolutely nothing to do with place of origin. It refers simply to those who speak Spanish. Blacks, whites, Asians can all be Hispanic. Conversely, people of Chicano/Latino/Mexican heritage who don't speak Spanish are not Hispanic.

"Latino" joins with "Caucasian" and "African-American" as the most racist terms alive, in my view. To define such diverse groups of people by one term simply because of their skin color is just wrong, imo.

Guest Ripper

Yeah, but in the end who are you or me or anyone to tell anybody what they should want to be called. You don't have to call them that, and I still have yet to meet a black person that got pissed off because they weren't called african american or a white person pissed because he wasn;t called a caucasion.

Guest Spicy McHaggis

Fine.

I want to be called:

Supreme and All-Powerful Spicy

If you don't refer to me as such, I'll call the ACLU on your ass.

Guest DrTom
How can anyone hate the French and claim not to be racist, OK so it might be socially acceptable to hate the French stateside these days but it's still blatant racsism 

It's also a very long-running joke. Lighten up.

Guest El Satanico

Supreme and All Powerful Spic? With a name like McHaggis I would've never expected that.

Guest Vitamin X

We don't give a fuck. We kicked ass at the alamo, and fought off the French to earn a Cinco de Mayo holiday and the punk ass Spaniards to earn a real independence day. We invented lowrider bikes and hydraulics for our Monte Carlos. Nothing else matters.

Ahem.

I'm what they call "Cuban-American" (my entire family except for my generation was born in Cuba, of Spanish descent, but the rest of us were born in Miami, which is pretty much Cuba as far as the people here are concerned), and I've lived in LA the past 13 1/2 years (until I just moved back to Miami about 3 months ago), so I have a fair share as to what to say about Mexicans.

First off, WE don't give a fuck about your alamo, at least WE never became America's bitch. Yeah we're poor because of it, but that's because of the asshole in charge right now. We make the best tobacco and coffee in the world, and invented the type of music most of the hispanic world listens to (salsa), and our women just straight up look better and all of us dress better than just about any other Spanish-speaking country, except for maybe the Columbians, Argentinians, and maybe Peruvians as well. But we OWN Mexicans. `Nuff said. Well, not in soccer, but we'll kick your ass at baseball, anyways. And we clobber the world in boxing too.

But anyways, I'm not really a racist, though I've been taught to be proud of my heritage. I look white and can actually pull off being American since my English doesn't have a trace of an accent at all, but I still know Spanish fluently because we, like a lot of other cultures in America, don't want to lose the identity we have. I've found myself noticing racial differences a lot more since I moved here though, since it's so urban and I encounter just about every kind of person there is at my work. I try not to stereotype or generalize, but it's difficult to do that when the people do prove stereotypes and generalizations correct with the negative things that they do.

On topic of not speaking English, I'm all for people keeping their natural language, but they really should learn English as a second language, because if you live in this country you really need to know the language to be able to communicate with everyone else. Just like if we moved elsewhere, to France, Italy, Spain, wherever, we would still have to learn their language to be able to communicate and fit in well with its citizens. I'd even go so far as to say that people shouldn't be allowed American citizenship unless they can speak some form of English.

Guest evenflowDDT

But, if you were born in the United States, or in any other Central or South American country, you're obviously not Mexican, but will probably be called such by someone anyway. I think that's what they were trying to say.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

The term "Hispanic" has absolutely nothing to do with place of origin. It refers simply to those who speak Spanish. Blacks, whites, Asians can all be Hispanic. Conversely, people of Chicano/Latino/Mexican heritage who don't speak Spanish are not Hispanic.

"Latino" joins with "Caucasian" and "African-American" as the most racist terms alive, in my view. To define such diverse groups of people by one term simply because of their skin color is just wrong, imo.

But here's the thing. I'M NOT MEXICAN! I am however Hispanic. My families are originally from Nicaragua and El Salvador. If you were to call a Nicaraguense a Costa Rican, you'd most likely get your ass kicked for it, because there isn't alot of love between those countries. Latin America isn't this peachy keen, viva la raza, third world utopia where all Hispanics are one for all and all for one. People there are extremely proud and very nationalistic.

I'd rather be generalized as Hispanic, which is my race, than be called Mexican, or Cuban, or Dominican, because I'm not. And chances are, not every white, black, green whatever person is gonna know all, if any Latin American nations.

And my point was that the term "Mexican" is used to describe any Latino person. It's insulting and Ignorant. And pisses me off.

I'm out.

Guest Vitamin X

But here's the thing. I'M NOT MEXICAN! I am however Hispanic. My families are originally from Nicaragua and El Salvador. If you were to call a Nicaraguense a Costa Rican, you'd most likely get your ass kicked for it, because there isn't alot of love between those countries. Latin America isn't this peachy keen, viva la raza, third world utopia where all Hispanics are one for all and all for one. People there are extremely proud and very nationalistic.

I'd rather be generalized as Hispanic, which is my race, than be called Mexican, or Cuban, or Dominican, because I'm not. And chances are, not every white, black, green whatever person is gonna know all, if any Latin American nations.

And my point was that the term "Mexican" is used to describe any Latino person. It's insulting and Ignorant. And pisses me off.

I'm out.

Good point. Everyone should read and learn.

It's like when referring to asians (I know there have to be some around this board, come on..) as "Chinese" when I'm damn sure a Japanese person would take offense to that.

Guest razazteca
invented the type of music most of the hispanic world listens to (salsa)

So you have dance music but nothing beats the drinking songs of the accordian as preformed Tejano bands or Northern bands. Mexican music does have alot emotion in it.

Brown + Espanol = Mexican no matter what

Guest oldschoolwrestling
invented the type of music most of the hispanic world listens to (salsa)

So you have dance music but nothing beats the drinking songs of the accordian as preformed Tejano bands or Northern bands. Mexican music does have alot emotion in it.

Brown + Espanol = Mexican no matter what

Mexico is the birthplace of Mariachi music, which owns all hispanic music.

Guest razazteca
t's like when referring to asians (I know there have to be some around this board, come on..) as "Chinese" when I'm damn sure a Japanese person would take offense to that

At least your peoples get recognized. Noone knows about me, the Filipino.

Guest tank_abbott

I'm glad to see this developed into a (rather) intellegent discussion.

And the many mentions of "owned" by me, is due to the fact that I was being bitch slapped due to my general heiniousness by Memphis, and figured I'd just be submissive and end all that.

Guest Vitamin X
t's like when referring to asians (I know there have to be some around this board, come on..) as "Chinese" when I'm damn sure a Japanese person would take offense to that

The Noble Filipino. A stranger in his own land. Not quite an asian, not quite a pacific islander, and yet also not quite hispanic. Yet all three at the same time. Feel the noble Filipino's pain. Hear them speak their quasi-interesting 'native' language of Tagalog, watch their afros grow larger and larger, and see that they are not of this land. Yes, the noble Filipino.

:ph34r:

They are amongst us.

Guest Retro Rob

I'm not racist, for I hate individuals, not entire groups of people. :)

Guest Cover of Darkness

1. You fought against a much smaller and worse-equipped force and still lost a shitload of men. Then the main army of Mexico was routed by 250 Texans, and the Mexican goverment wouldn't even recognize Texan Independance. Mexico was basically fucked up the ass with a Texas sized dildo and then told to get the FUCK off Texas' porch.

2. You beat the French?

So?

3. It took you guys generations to do what we did in weeks.

Spanish-American war, remember? We kicked their asses.

Guest razazteca

The Noble Filipino. A stranger in his own land. Not quite an asian, not quite a pacific islander, and yet also not quite hispanic. Yet all three at the same time. Feel the noble Filipino's pain. Hear them speak their quasi-interesting 'native' language of Tagalog, watch their afros grow larger and larger, and see that they are not of this land. Yes, the noble Filipino.

:ph34r:

They are amongst us.

Salamat Po :headbang:

Where ever there is a USA military base, I shall be there. Assimilated into the white man's world, the quite one lays dormate, in the status quo. Whenever you go to the hospital you shall us, yet not notice us. At the neighborhood cookout we shall bring Good Eats of Fried Rice, Lumpia, Pancit yet it will be misunderstood as Chinese food.

I once heard that Filipino is the #1 Asian demographic in USA but nobody notices or cares.

Guest evenflowDDT

Hey raz, I lived near Daly City... I know what Filipinos are :)