TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

Oh Yuna.....

For my favorite little Final Fantasy fangirl, a little tidbit on Gamespot.com (more specifically, here) says that Final Fantasy XII, "is scheduled for release in the second half of the fiscal year ending March 2004). So, assuming that's a Japan release date, it looks like there will be about a year between X-2 (still dated as November 3 *grumble*) and XII. I'll still get X-2 first day though. Yuna might not have been my favorite character (Auron is rule) but it's Final Fantasy, dammit!

Guest Sakura

I am glad XII is single player. I am not really that hyped for XI...

Guest Bannable Offense

They're up to TWELVE Final Fantasies now? What enormous rock have I been dwelling under and how come I had no clue I was living underneath it?

Yeah Bannable they do kinda build up don't they? And they're not even including the FF Tactics titles or X-2 OR the upcoming Crystal Chronicles for the GC. Kinda curious as to how many there are total.

BTW Sakura is that Paine in your avatar? Sorry I didn't realize that you were a moderate/big FF fan :P .

Edited by Conspiracy_Victim

I think her avatar is someone from Tekken...I could be wrong, though.

A topic title with my name! So fun to be e-known. ^_^

I'll have to read that article when I get home, since right now I'm using one of the school laptops [and I already got caught once...] There's been plenty of FFX-2 news, but I just haven't posted it for...whatever reason. Perhaps I should, since it's release is only a few months away. Heh...time flies when you don't pay attention to it.

Guest bravesfan
I think her avatar is someone from Tekken...I could be wrong, though.

You are correct.

Sakura's avatar is of Nina, from Tekken fame.

They're up to TWELVE Final Fantasies now?

I was pretty much thinking the same thing.

I can't believe the Final Fantasy series has gotten up to 12.

Then again, that's just me.

Guest Lightning Flik
Yeah Bannable they do kinda build up don't they?  And they're not even including the FF Tactics titles or X-2 OR the upcoming Crystal Chronicles for the GC.  Kinda curious as to how many there are total.

Or Final Fantasy Adventure, or Final Fantasy Legends (1,2,3) or even Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

In total: 21

Edited by Lightning Flik

Guest J*ingus

True, Flik, however...

...I don't think that anyone could make a good case for including Mystic Quest in the official FF canon.

Guest Lightning Flik
True, Flik, however...

...I don't think that anyone could make a good case for including Mystic Quest in the official FF canon.

Nor Final Fantasy Adventure (Suiken Densetsu 1) or Final Fantasy Legends (all of them).

Yet all of the above are included into the Final Fantasy canon fodder. And if the original Suiken Densetsu can, Mystic Quest should be no different.

Guest J*ingus

Yeah, but, Suiken was actually good. The Legends games were iffy, and Mystic Quest flat out sucked the throbbing meat missle with much egregiousity, and LIKED it.

Guest Lightning Flik
Yeah, but, Suiken was actually good. The Legends games were iffy, and Mystic Quest flat out sucked the throbbing meat missle with much egregiousity, and LIKED it.

Uh, I liked Mystic Quest. Couldn't have been THAT bad.

Besides that, it was stated by Squaresoft that Mystic Quest was a beginner RPG and not intended for seasoned RPGers.

Secondly, Suiken rocked because it wasn't a fucking FF game to begin with. Of all the Suiken to get a fucking name change, it shoulda been Suiken Densetsu 4 (Legend Of Mana), because GOD was that game horrid for a true storyline to make me play the game all the way through. And it had NOTHING to do with the fucking series. Where was the Mana Sword that I shoulda been able to use (you find it, but can't have it), where are the seeds of Mana that protect the Tree Of Mana? And why the fucking hell was there a stupid fucking God damned spirit in the Tree Of Mana that came out and fought you as the fucking end boss? Even if that WAS the spirt of the Mana Tree, why? ARGH~! HEAD HURTING FROM GAMES LACK OF PLOT AND NO MAIN STORYLINE THAT ISN'T EXPLAINED AT ANY MAJOR THING YOU DID~!

Don't even get me started on SquareEnix calling Suiken Densetsu 1, Sword Of Mana. The whole game was about the Pendant of Mana and thusly shoulda been called that. IT WAS NOT ABOUT THE FUCKING SWORD~! That was Suiken Densetsu 3 (Secret Of Mana 2, if anyone is looking for the ROM version online[i have it should anyone wish to have it, with an English translation to boot]) that was about the Sword Of Mana and frankly, although you had everything else going on, the purpose of the story was to reobtain the damned sword so as to protect the Tree Of Mana.

Out of all the Legends Saga, I do believe that 2 was favored as the best of the series. My personal fav was number 3, but everyone else I met glorifies 2. If I'm not mistaken though, Legends also is a totally different series in Japan, but the true name escapes me.

Guest EricMM

IIRC the Legends games in Japan are actually SaGa games. And hey, as a kid, they shaped my RPG lifestyle. I bought each one when they were released. Final Fantasy Legends was like... an epiphany. Yes, I sucked, yes it took years to beat it, but that game had HUGE limitations on what you could do, and it certainly wasn't easy.

Guest Star Ocean 3

Seiken Densetsu 1 and SaGa 1,2, and 3 are not Final Fantasy games. They're only titled that way in the US because of name recognition. They can't be considered FF in any way.

FFX-2's music is pretty bad, by the way. I don't know who here is into game music.

Guest Lightning Flik
IIRC the Legends games in Japan are actually SaGa games. And hey, as a kid, they shaped my RPG lifestyle. I bought each one when they were released. Final Fantasy Legends was like... an epiphany. Yes, I sucked, yes it took years to beat it, but that game had HUGE limitations on what you could do, and it certainly wasn't easy.

I thought they were apart of the SaGa series, but I wasn't sure of that. Thanks.

As for the games being classified under the inappropriate names, I guess that true.

FFX-2's music doesn't suck. It's just fucking J-POP! That's so God damned much worse than A-Pop because... Wait, let me correct myself, both types suck period. Pop music sucks no matter what for language or culture. I will admit though you can find some diamond in the roughs of pop music though, although, I can't recall a diamond if my life depended on it. So for X-2 to use a whole soundtrack of it is just fucking evil. EVIL~!

Guest Star Ocean 3

I've heard other stuff by the X-2 composers, and it's not very good either, so it's not just because it's pop. They should have brought back Kenji Ito or someone to do it.

1000 Words is one of the few good tracks on the album.

Guest Lightning Flik
I've heard other stuff by the X-2 composers, and it's not very good either, so it's not just because it's pop. They should have brought back Kenji Ito or someone to do it.

1000 Words is one of the few good tracks on the album.

Ah. I only heard the J-pop, so I wasn't sure.

Guest wildpegasus

Where are you guys getting the music from Final Fantasy X-2 at?

J-Pop *shivers*. The promo video they put out ("real Emotion" or something like that) isn't that bad, but a whole game full of it might cause diabetics in the audience to go into sugar shock.

Guest Lightning Flik
Where are you guys getting the music from Final Fantasy X-2 at?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to attach a virus to the file to kill your computer so no one finds out. ;)

And I don't think you'd like that. :P

Edited by Lightning Flik

J-Pop *shivers*. The promo video they put out ("real Emotion" or something like that) isn't that bad, but a whole game full of it might cause diabetics in the audience to go into sugar shock.

You're right...it was called "Real Emotion". I don't think the whole game is completely J-Pop. I saw this one video that had some in-game footage, and it was the usual, easy-going FF music. And what's "1,000 Words" sound like?

Guest Lightning Flik
You're right...it was called "Real Emotion". I don't think the whole game is completely J-Pop. I saw this one video that had some in-game footage, and it was the usual, easy-going FF music. And what's "1,000 Words" sound like?

I haven't heard 1000 Words Yuna (or anyone else for that matter), so I can't justifly reply to that. I leave that to another.

A few pieces are normal FF music, but the rest is J-pop. Or at least the pieces I've listened too.

Guest KoR Fungus

If they use J-Pop for dramatic effect during cinemas, that's fine with me. If they start using it as the music that plays in towns or in dungeons, that will be more than a little annoying. I can't see them doing that though, since it totally wouldn't fit...

Guest Sakura
BTW Sakura is that Paine in your avatar? Sorry I didn't realize that you were a moderate/big FF fan :P .

As has been said already, it is Nina Williams from Tekken.

Though it was Paine for a while.

Guest C-Bacon

Is FFXI still coming out in North America? I could do without it to be honest...

Guest Star Ocean 3

You could buy FFX-2 music at Little Tokyo, Japantown, etc., or any import web site, I don't recommend it, though.

1000 Words is completely different from the rest of the album, and probably the best FF vocal song. If the composer made the entire soundtrack like they made 1000 Words, the album would be good. It's hard to believe they even wrote 1000 Words themselves...FFX-2's music is definitely not like any other FF music, it's not as good.

FFXI is coming to NA, too.

Star Ocean 3 comes out next year as well, if anyone here still cares about superior RPGs.

Guest Star Ocean 3

FFX is good, FFIX is okay, FFVIII is suck, and FFVII was good. I won't bother with FFXII.

Most new RPGs are better than the current FFs. I didn't really think there were actually people who were taken in by flashy FMV and all that. Wow.