TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoreyLazarus416

One and Only NWA-TNA Week 46 Thread

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

This week was "meh."

Whoever said that Gilberti cannot be taken seriously as a World Title Contender was DEAD ON.

His promo skills are overrated, his tights are stupid and he CAN'T wrestle. I really hope next week is the END of this STUPID push of his.

WHY they have Killings in a Tag Team with Konnan, and Styles working the OPENER, but DISCO in the Main Event is BEYOND ME. I'm all for giving guys a second chance and a new character, but it helps if they deserve it, based on SKILL.

The TNA Title scene should have Jarrett, Raven, Styles, Killings, and maybe Lynn in it. Disco should go back to being comedy relief.

The SAT didn't get any better.

And Trinity was the luchador? I actually WAS shocked, because I thought they wouldn't be THAT stupid.

On the good side, I thought Punk and Cross looked pretty damn good as a team, and I like where they're going with Jerry Lynn. I can live with Credible vs. Lynn again.

Raven was GREAT all night, with a great promo, great run in, and pretty damn good match.

Sabin is GOOD. More Sabin on TV is very good.

Hey Russo lost weight, shaved his beard and actually shaved in between his eyebrows! He looks like a normal person, not a caveman now.

Overall, I'm still a die hard TNA mark, and I still watch every week. Their fucks ups are still better than the WWE's successes. Because it looks like they're TRYING at least.

I liked this week's show...I guess it was because I thought last weeks was meh.

It was fairly entertaining tonight and NewJack/Sharkboy rules. Finally, D'Lo and Styles will go to singles fighting for the gold.

I liked this week's show...I guess it was because I thought last weeks was meh.

It was fairly entertaining tonight and NewJack/Sharkboy rules. Finally, D'Lo and Styles will go to singles fighting for the gold.

Okay, New Jack/Shark Boy DID rule. For some reason the way Shark Boy looked, like he had the upper hand and he knew it, when he showed New Jack Chutes and Ladders was HILARIOUS.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

hmm...I actually liked last nights show.

I've lost touch with the board.

Guest eirejmcmahon

Well you're a self confessed mark for the NWATNA product and I don't think that you'd deny being more forgiving of some of their dodgier elements than the average "off the street" viewer would be.

I was really looking forward to last night's show after reading Bob Ryder's "Notes From The Backstage" column wherein he conceded that their last couple of shows haven't been the best but in the end they served up a rather large helping of 'blah'.

Some positives to be taken out of the show - AJ and D'Lo going their separate ways to purse the title, Gilberti's brush with the main event will be over next week and he can fuck off back to the micard where he belongs.

Oh, and if anyone in NWATNA creative is reading - PLAN YOUR ANGLES OUT IN ADVANCE, that masked luchador angle totally changed direction midstream and made very little sense to long term viewers.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think I figured out why I was so happy with the show.

It's the Triple J storyline.

It's something that I've wanted to see done since Vince came on TV and admitted that wrestling was fake.

I've thought that it would be a good storyline for HHH as a heel...since it's based in reality and more and more people would "Get it".

I've been thinking for a while about the whole "shoot comments" and how they "ruin wrestling"...

but I think that's incorrect. The problem with wrestling is that half the fans are marks...and half the fans are smarks. And you can't please all of them.

It's impossible to turn a smark into a mark..,since they'll always look for the behind the scenes stuff...and until the marks become smarter...there is simply no way to combine the two audiences and draw a rating or buyrate (unless something massive like the Austin era occurs).

That's why I've always wanted to see a heel champion who had the political power to hold people down and make that his character.

So...I'm glad to see them doing it based on the real life hate around JJ for the Raven match.

Since TNA (moreso than WWE) knows that their entire audience is smarts...I think it works.

Guest RedJed

Well I think its safe to say by the announcement of the title match next week that someone finally opened up their eyes and saw that Gilberti isnt ready for the big time yet. With that said he got the win over Raven so who knows what will happen, I DONT want to see a three way at the Anniversary show though with him, Raven, and Jarrett. I think its clear with the direction that it should be the rematch of Raven-Jarrett at the Anniversary show, PERIOD

Trinity blew like every spot in that match with Kid Kash, lucky Kash caught her with the botched moonsault or I think she would have landed straight down on her head ala Hayabusa. Definately a really bad match. Probably one of TNAs worst matches ever.

Rest of the show was borderline ok (a tad better than the efforts of the past 3 weeks) but it still had those really weak tendancies to it thats been more around in the past month with this strange booking. I groaned when Road Dogg came back, and even though it surprised me, WHY is Russo back on camera? I'm thinking this might be something like Jarrett turning full heel and going with him, I dunno.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's something else I didn't hate...Russo coming back.

Gilberti is at the doorstep of realizing SEX's goal of taking control of the company's highest asset.

Raven turned his back on SEX and everyone else for that matter.

It's the perfect time for Russo to appear and help Gilberti along while screwing Raven.

Of course...after next week he'll be useless agian.

Guest Old Brown Heineken

The referee granting Gilberti the victory after Russo had dropped the baseball bat on his cheast was really a good and realistic move! Kudos to the creative team! :headbang:

Guest Old Brown Heineken

At least they could have let Russo be the Mysterious crappy luchadore...

Guest Devin

Ummm, why would Russo be out to get Kid Kash?

Guest Old Brown Heineken

I was kidding, hey~ wake up! This angle was botched since the beginning we all, hmmm perhaps not the marks, knew that it was Trin under the mask.

Guest Lemon Drop Kid

Am I the only one who was WAY disappointed with the match between Punk/Cross and AJ/D'lo? It was like 5 minutes long and I just found it kind of annoying that Cross used a dragon suplex like a minute into the match. Fab ending though.

Guest eirejmcmahon
Since TNA (moreso than WWE) knows that their entire audience is smarts...I think it works.

It'll be interesting to see if a company that aims itself purely towards a 'smark' audience can survive.

Guest eirejmcmahon
That's something else I didn't hate...Russo coming back.

Agreed, if only because it's a big fuck off sign that Glenn is done in the main event.

Guest eirejmcmahon
Am I the only one who was WAY disappointed with the match between Punk/Cross and AJ/D'lo?

No.

Am I the only one who was WAY disappointed with the match between Punk/Cross and AJ/D'lo?

Nope. Way too short. Of course, there was a reason for it, but...

Yea, there was...but still...

I tuned in late like, 10 minutes and I saw a few spots and that was it. I was looking forward to it too. Damn the World Poker Tour.

Guest RedJed

I was kidding, hey~ wake up! This angle was botched since the beginning we all, hmmm perhaps not the marks, knew that it was Trin under the mask.

Too bad Waltman no-showed last week. If he would have had a legit reason, I would have said fuck it and put him in the luchadore role........have him put over Kash in a nice program and then move to a feud with Lynn also. Considering that is where the whole thing started (luchador kept interfering in Lynn matches) it would make sense. With that said, I dont want to see any fucking Trinity v. Lynn feud.

I just remembered...when Gilberti was saying that Chris Harris was late or something, he looked at his wrist and said he was late...but he didn't have a watch on. I found it funny.

Guest RedJed

Forgot to ask this before........anyone know what the deal was with the message to Dave Webber at the end of the show (aka Mortimer Plumtree)? Did he leave the company? Wouldnt surprise me since I was always of the impression by him that he wasnt happy with writing like what Russo would do.

Guest Lemon Drop Kid

Yeah, sadly, this week was the last TNA show for Mortimer Plumtree, or as we like to call him, MP3. I'll just pretend he's Mortimer Plumtree the Third. He's a cool dude.

Guest RedJed

Have any idea why he left? I know he got burned out on the whole wrestling scene when it went heavy in a non-traditional direction back in the late 90s.

No idea. It's a bummer, though. Plumtree was a good manager and his stuff with Styles was cool, ESPECIALLY them on commentary after Red beats Styles.