TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

Raven had a concussion before the show

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Jeff insisted Raven "suck it up"

On last night's NWA:TNA PPV, Raven had a long promo segment with Jeff Jarrett where he was not his usual self on the mic, and later had a match with Glen Gilberti, where Gilberti pinned Raven with help from Vince Russo.

Apparently Raven actually had a a minor concussion, which he suffered the night before at a show in Oldcastle, ON. Raven asked for the night off, but Jeff Jarrett refused, telling Raven to "suck it up". Jarrett reportedly believed that Raven was trying to get out of doing a job to Gilberti.

Raven's injury is being pointed to as the reason the main event wasn't as crisp as it could have been, as Gilberti was taking it easier on Raven because of the concussion.

credit: wrestlingobserver.com

Guest nikowwf

The reason the main event wasn't crisp is because Disco Inferno sucks massively. I

niko

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
The reason the main event wasn't crisp is because Disco Inferno sucks massively. I

niko

Thats not true, as GLEN GILBIRTI has improved so much since Disco, that it's sad to see people like you still think of him as Disco.

And with the concussion. It seemed like a double edged sword to me. Either Raven jobbed to Glen, or didn't. You have to understand where Jarrett was coming from, making Raven work, but you also have to understand where Raven was coming from, with asking for the show off.

It was a no win situation.

The reason the main event wasn't crisp is because Disco Inferno sucks massively.  I

niko

Thats not true, as GLEN GILBIRTI has improved so much since Disco, that it's sad to see people like you still think of him as Disco.

And with the concussion. It seemed like a double edged sword to me. Either Raven jobbed to Glen, or didn't. You have to understand where Jarrett was coming from, making Raven work, but you also have to understand where Raven was coming from, with asking for the show off.

It was a no win situation.

Yes, he's so good he botched his finisher, a STUNNER, three times in one night a couple weeks ago. It wasn't the bloody Crossfire or Infra-Red, y'know?

I'm willing to accept him as someone other than Disco Inferno. I'm not willing to accept him as a main eventer, because in all honesty, he doesn't deserve the spot yet.

Guest RedJed

Fact of the matter is that even if his character development has been decent and he's really turned it up in promos, he cant back up shit in the ring. He had solid matches with Styles but since then he's been underwhelming everytime he does anything in the ring.

Guest C-Bacon
Apparently Raven actually had a a minor concussion, which he suffered the night before at a show in Oldcastle, ON.

Oldcastle....Ontario? Where the hell is that?

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Apparently Raven actually had a a minor concussion, which he suffered the night before at a show in Oldcastle, ON.

Near Windsor

Guest acnx

Right outside of Windsor. I was actually at the show and didn't see anything.

Guest the 1inch punch

He does have a great big massive bruise on the side of his head though

Guest CoreyLazarus416
Yes, he's so good he botched his finisher, a STUNNER, three times in one night a couple weeks ago. It wasn't the bloody Crossfire or Infra-Red, y'know?

You say that as if Austin's never botched the move, or DDP, or Mikey Whipwreck, or Johnny Ace. It's a fairly simple move to make look like shit, particularly if the people taking it fall at the wrong time, or fall the wrong way (which they did when Glen "botched" the move).

Guest tank_abbott

RAVEN's coming to Green Bay next Friday.... I hope the concussion doesn't worsen

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

He botched it three times?

I only remember one...at the end of the Styles/Dlo vs. XXX match.

Guest JAxlMorrison

Jarrett should be careful. I remember a guy that wrestled through a concussion once, only to make it worse. He had to retire early and is missed thoroughly by most of us smarks. His name is Bret Hart.

I mean just picture if Raven's concussion got worse, and he had to retire. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen, and I for one would be all for Raven cleaning out Jarrett's pockets for him being so inconsiderate.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Fact of the matter is that even if his character development has been decent and he's really turned it up in promos, he cant back up shit in the ring. He had solid matches with Styles but since then he's been underwhelming everytime he does anything in the ring.

that's right on the money right there....

Guest JAxlMorrison

that's right on the money right there....

Glenn Gilbertti can't perform in the ring? I hope you guys aren't surprised at this. If there was one person in the business who I could compare him to as far as ring work is concerned, it would be Buff Bagwell. Obviously I don't think much of him.

Guest newblood03

it would be hard for me too look at him as anything other than disco. Idk why maybe he was stuck with that shit gimmick for what 6 or 7 years.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Glen is decent in the ring. Nothing special. But he really picks it up when it's a big brawl, as proven by his matches with Styles (although Styles is great, so he probably carried Glen heavily).

He botched it three times?

I only remember one...at the end of the Styles/Dlo vs. XXX match.

Really? The two he did on Saturn both looked awful too. Maybe he didn't botch them, but they looked very bad. But the AJ/D'Lo vs. XXX one was DEFINITELY botched.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The one at the end of XXX vs. AJ/Dlo was brutally bad.

Made worse by the fact that the 4 guys in the match were hitting everything alot harder than that during the match...to have it end with a blown spot from interference.

The fact of the matter is that his Chartbuster is as weak looking as a finishing move can look. At least when Austin does the Stunner he looks like he does it with authority, as he hits that mat with a lot of impact. Disco just looks like he falls to his ass when he does it and almost every time it looks sloppy. On top of that, if he wants to be taken seriously how about he get rid of the Disco Inferno tights first. That looks really low budget when you're trying to shed a character from the past but you're still wearing the outfit.

Guest mach7

Plus, he still wears those goddamn bellbottom tights...

Guest nikowwf

Glen Gilbertti sucks. Actually, he does not suck. He's a decent talker, and a decent walker. Glen, the main event talent, even occasionally does suck massively and has no right to be in that role.

On top of that, if he wants to be taken seriously how about he get rid of the Disco Inferno tights first. That looks really low budget when you're trying to shed a character from the past but you're still wearing the outfit.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Dames

He hasn't even renamed his finisher yet. Tenay and West refrain from calling it the Chartbuster, but what're you going to do? Gilbertti's finisher doesn't have any real name! It's just a bad stunner.

Guest mach7
He hasn't even renamed his finisher yet. Tenay and West refrain from calling it the Chartbuster, but what're you going to do? Gilbertti's finisher doesn't have any real name! It's just a bad stunner.

On the TNA website they just call it "The Stunner" in their recaps. *shrugs*