TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Sig Crackdown.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

This wasn't noticeable as an "actual" problem in your eyes until you saw all of the monitor-eating pictures in the Bankywood thread. And you and Tom are the only two people who saw it as an actual problem... do the other mods really give a damn?

That being said... I posted for the same reason that everyone else did. Is it crackdownable?

Edited by Death Angel

Guest Retro Rob
This wasn't noticeable as an "actual" problem in your eyes until you saw all of the monitor-eating pictures in the Bankywood thread. And you and Tom are the only two people who saw it as an actual problem... do the other mods really give a damn?

That being said... I posted for the same reason that everyone else did. Is it crackdownable?

I think you are gonna need to resize yours a little. I keep my computer on 1024 x 768 and your sig takes up about 3/4 of the screen.

Actually, Death Angle, I believe the rules were put up before the Bankywood sigs.

It looks fine to me and I'm running the right resolution.

Dames

Guest DawnBTVS

As a defense, Me and KingPK raised this issue for the moderators to see and personally, I felt that some of the sigs were just too big and it was annoying having to scroll a full page(Just the sig, not including the comments posted by a poster) to see the next post.

Guest DawnBTVS
Ummm, how do I change my resolution?? The shame.....

Go to your desktop

Right click

Click properties

Go to settings

Change to 1024 x 768

Ok, you need to go to your desktop (minimize everything or just click on the desktop icon in the system tray) then right click.

Select properties. A few tabs will come up, one with "settings". Select that one and slide the "screen resolution" over to 1024 x 768. Your screen will flicker and get noticably smaller or bigger, depending on the resolution you have now. Then, take a look at any of your posts.

If your sig passes the halfway mark on your screen, its too big.

Nanks...yours is about 3/4's of a page and still needs to be cut down.

Dames

As an explanation, its not just for cosmetics.

The large images take longer to load for anyone with a slow connection and it makes the board slower in general, having to produce so many images.

Since many users here use quick reply, in a thread where someone replies 6 or 7 times, their sig alone takes up about 6 pages that you have to scroll past, if you add it all up.

Dames

Guest Retro Rob
Oh...once you're done checking your sig, put your settings back to where they were.

Dames

B-)

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
Actually, Death Angel, I believe the rules were put up before the Bankywood sigs. 

It looks fine to me and I'm running the right resolution. 

Dames

1) yes, but the whole "Sig Crackdown" response came shortly afterwards.

2) OK, thanks.

Guest Ram
1024 x 768 resolution sucks.

I feel like I need to move closer to the monitor. Looks like the screen is at the end of a tunnel and I'm looking at it from the other end.

You really get used to it.

800x600 looks like it's made for old people.

Guest DrTom

I love 1024x768 now that I've been using it for a while now. Several years ago, I had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, up to 800x600 from the old standby of 640x480. Now I wonder what took me so long.

Hopefully mine is okay.

If not, I can just find something else to use that won't take up as much space.

-Ben

Yours is fine River City Rocker.

Vern, if yours didn't have the text it would be of perfect size. If you can resize the pic a bit, it would be fine.

Dames

Guest Vern Gagne
Vern, if yours didn't have the text it would be of perfect size. If you can resize the pic a bit, it would be fine.

Dames

Thanks Dames.

Could someone please tell me how to resize my pic.

Guest DawnBTVS
Vern, if yours didn't have the text it would be of perfect size.  If you can resize the pic a bit, it would be fine.

Dames

Thanks Dames.

Could someone please tell me how to resize my pic.

See the earlier posts by Me & Dames on how to re-size

Vern, upon a second good look, it looks fine.

Resizing doesn't mean changing your resolution, Dawn. It means actually making your pic smaller, which can be done in any image editing programs, even Paint, i believe.

Dames

Guest DawnBTVS
Vern, upon a second good look, it looks fine.

Resizing doesn't mean changing your resolution, Dawn. It means actually making your pic smaller, which can be done in any image editing programs, even Paint, i believe.

Dames

Crap, sorry. Mis-read the question...*bangs head against wall repeatedly*

Guest The Superstar

BTW, how are you going to go about finding people who violate the rule? Because I've already seen some people who's signatures are still to big.

Well, obviously, people who aren't posting aren't an issue and it would simply take too long to edit over 3000 people's sigs.

I've been PMing anyone who I've seen with a large sig and have personally asked them to cut it down. Now that the "grace period" is over, so to speak, if I see anyone with a large sig, I'll PM them. If they don't do it within I'd say about an hour or so, I'll edit it myself and e-mail them to let them know.

Dames

Guest Vitamin X

Oh well then I take it mine is just fine after I took down my SOAD banner.

Guest The Superstar

X, could you just change your custom title so it doesn't stretch out that area?

I think at least putting a space would help.