TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Dr. Jho - Miracle Worker?

Stone Cold pursuing his medical options

by Phil Speer

June 4, 2003

Stone Cold Steve Austin says he isn’t really trying to come back to the ring, but he’d like to improve his long-term health prospects, if possible.

Austin says he’s not really in pain, but he’s experiencing nerve problems that are “too extensive to talk about.”

With that in mind, Austin is planning to make an appointment with Dr. Hae-Dong Jho of Pittsburgh.

“I’ve seen what he’s done for a couple of other guys, with Kurt (Angle) and ‘Brooklyn Brawler’ Steve Lombardi, and they had good results,” Austin said. “They’re neck problems are altogether different than mine. But I’m still having problems with the reflexes in my legs, among other things. If I go to the guy and talk to him, it’s not going to cost me a thing. I can go in there and get a great second opinion out of it. Am I saying I’ll go under the knife again? No, not yet. But I’m going to go in there and see what the guy has to say – let him do a neurological exam on me, and see what the hell he thinks about all my problems. Maybe he can alleviate some of them and lessen some of them. Then I’d be open to considering – considering -- going under the knife again.

“Does that mean I’ll get in the ring? Not by any stretch. But if the guy can help me out a little bit, I’d be a fool not to go up there and at least take the time to hear what the guy says to me.”

Austin still says that he’s “pretty much done with the ring,” although he hasn’t ruled out a comeback for one more match.

“If I could get away with it and the circumstances are right, and everything was in order, would I try one more match? Yeah,” he said. “But then again, on the other side, I’ve got to be Steve Williams. I’ve got to make the smart decision and look out for myself long term, my quality of life as I get older and older.”

- WWE.com

Guest Zero_Cool

Would you listen to Scott Hall and take him seriously on medical advice when he's shitfaced more often than not? I have heard that Hall was the one who recommended Jho to Kurt. For another reason, Vince doesn't like Asians...I dunno.

Guest Quik

Good point.

"Hey, yo Kurt **Pukes**. I got this great doctor, Chico, he really fixed me up."

And what do you mean Vince doesn't like Asians? Funaki is Smackdown "Numbah Wah, Anou-sah"

Guest My Eyebrow is on fire

Vince's hatred of asians will become apparent with the surgery.

I wonder if Austin will put over the anasthesia without a screwjob ending.

Eh, Jho will be jobbing to Val Venis soon enough anyway.

Guest AndrewTS

I hope that Austin can maybe finally be pain-free and maybe work a few more matches.

I don't hope that Austin will be around for 5-6 more years.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I want Austin/Hogan at WM XX.

Dames

Not that it would be a ***** match but it's the two biggest draws ever, I wouldn't mind it......

Guest Steviekick
I want Austin/Hogan at WM XX.

Dames

Not that it would be a ***** match but it's the two biggest draws ever, I wouldn't mind it......

Austin/Hogan would be much more appropriate at WMXX. Goldberg hasn't done enough to deserve such a high profile match.

Guest AndrewTS
Would you listen to Scott Hall and take him seriously on medical advice when he's shitfaced more often than not? I have heard that Hall was the one who recommended Jho to Kurt. For another reason, Vince doesn't like Asians...I dunno.

Well, I'm not sure if it is just that he's racist (probably is), but--would Vince push an Asian hoss (i.e. Giant Baba, that one Chinese basketball player)?

Guest notJames

I didn't know that Giant Baba was a Chinese basketball player…

;)

Guest JMA

What if Goldberg were to seriously injure Austin in the ring (like Bret)? Any more neck damage could cripple Steve, or worse... :ph34r:

Guest Austin3164life

I think if Austin has another match or two in him, he should use them to give the ultimate rub to guys like Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho, or even Kurt Angle in high profile venues. Then he can happily retire or stay as GM of Raw, whichever. It would be better for business if someone got the ultimate rub from Austin, instead of seeing Austin wrestle a guy older than him.

Guest My Eyebrow is on fire

I suppose every once in awhile they'll have Austin v.s. a Non-wrestler. A couple months of that and those special little matches will cease being draws at all (except Austin v.s. Debra...which is a money match).

Guest Vern Gagne
Austin is addicted and he can't get enough of being around wrestling.

That's what its like for alot of these guys. I hope this is a sign Austin is trying to move on and possibily except his days has a full time wrestler are over.

Guest Trivia247

Goldberg and Austin is the Only valid MONEY match the WWE can get out of Goldberg.... the Great paradox the great Question, which Bald headed freak is the best.

Goldberg vs HHH is the second Money match, but not as big.

after those two, tehy really need to Pack Goldy in or hell make him tour for the orient and never recall him.

Guest The Tino Standard

Oh, I think the concept of the "money match" is alive and well if you are talking Austin-Goldberg. Austin was the character that defined the Attitude era more than any other single character and Goldberg was basically WCW's answer to him, who eventually turned into his own star- the last one the company created.

I know an awful lot of people that would want to see Austin-Goldberg (myself included). That is the one great money match left in this era because they were the top two stalwarts of opposing companies in their primes at the same time. Same thing with Hogan-Flair in the late 80s.

A Hogan-Austin match would be interesting for completely different reasons altogether, but I think that might also have the feel of Hogan taking the tour of all the younger guys, with Austin as the next stop. He's fought The Rock. He's fought Lesnar. He's fought HHH. Next stop on the tour? Austin. That doesn't quite strike the "big money match" chord with me.

If I were WWE, I would have a Hogan-Flair, Austin-Goldberg, then perhaps Angle-Lesnar (in that order) as the final three matches at WM20. I think a 'past-present-future' triple main event would be pretty spectacular.

No, but over-saturation is a problem. These guys are on tv week in week out, bumping into each other all the time on skits. For that reason alone, it wouldn't necesarilly "draw" at PPV time.

If they were kept apart then it may be of use, but the whole "money match" format is dying because it's happened so many times over the last two years and the fans are getting tired of it.

Guest AndrewTS
I didn't know that Giant Baba was a Chinese basketball player…

;)

I wasn't using it as an appositive, I was listing two different people. :P

Guest TheBostonStrangler

I've wanted Austin/Goldberg to happen since 1998. Hopefully it will eventually.

Guest Kid Kablam

I dunno, this guy sounds too good to be true. I mean after the Angle thing...

You know what, I'll bet this guy has replaced Kurt's spine with a parasitic worm, that has latched onto Kurt's brain and is sucking fuel, while allowing Kurt to work, this way Kurt will convince other workers to seek out the same procedure and the mother creature, which is housed by this doctor, can reproduce all it wants.

But seriously folks... I must say that I too would be skeptical of any doctor tat Scot hall recomended, and it just shows how adicted to wrestling Kurt is to go with this procedure. Hopefully though this will be to wrestling what Tommy John surgery is to baseball.