TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrestlingbs

Wrestling's Most Controversial Moments

Guest William E
-Regal shooting on Goldberg, what exactly happened?

From, what I remember in WCW Goldberg had a match with Regal on Monday Night Nitro. Goldberg was known to be be very stiff to whoever he was in the ring with. I think he injured one of the luchadores (I think La Parka) in a match for being so rough. He decided to do the same to Regal and learned whats it's like to be stretched by a shooter.

I'm sure Regal and HHH still gets kicks out of this story, oh yeah, Regal got fired from WCW for that.

Guest DawnBTVS
-Regal shooting on Goldberg, what exactly happened?

From, what I remember in WCW Goldberg had a match with Regal on Monday Night Nitro. Goldberg was known to be be very stiff to whoever he was in the ring with. I think he injured one of the luchadores (I think La Parka) in a match for being so rough. He decided to do the same to Regal and learned whats it's like to be stretched by a shooter.

I'm sure Regal and HHH still gets kicks out of this story, oh yeah, Regal got fired from WCW for that.

No, Goldberg was still green at the time and ignored Regal's attempts to lead him along so Regal started stiffing on him, thus getting himself basically fired in the process.

Guest Bannable Offense
What happened on Black Sunday in 1984?

I could swear it was actually Black Saturday, but in July of 1984, the WWF took over Georgia Wrestling Federation's timeslot on TBS. The events that followed eventually led to the birth of WCW and its promotional rivalry against the WWF.

Guest swilk

David Schultz smacking John Stossel (sp?) on 20/20.

This after Stossel asking if wrestling is fake.

Sean Michaels super-kick of the Hitman in the wheelchair.

Sean Michaels wiping his nose with the Canadian flag.

Guest CED Ordonez

Don't forget Shawn dry-humping the Canadian flag in the center of the ring.

Guest tigerdrivah91

Messiah getting attacked and gettin his thumb chopped off

Wifebeater nearly killing Yamakawa with a choke bomb

The Gansobomb

Shadow Wx setting himself and nearly the arena on fire in BJPW

The Nail Board match in IWA where the Leatherfaces nearly maime Nakamaki and Ono

Mr Pogo setting Matsunagas head on fire

Terry Funk nearly killing Pogo in a explosion match and then blowing fire on his motionless body

The 1st ROH Riot

ECW Chair Incident

Terry Funk and the flaming rag.

Chris Hero getting the shit kicked outta him by the H8Club :bonk:

Peter B Beautiful getting the shit kicked outta him by Ian Rotten :boxing:

Guest Boo_Bradley
Kevin Von Erich collapsing in the ring before a match.

The Droz incident

Black Sunday in 1984

The Droz footage is on Tape, you think the WWE will ever do a injury special, or make Droz part of a gimmick DVD, so the footage can be shown?

Guest Dynamite Kido

the bruiser brody vs. Lex Luger match where Brody had the blades taped to his hand. Luger purposly got DQ'ed and ran out of the ring and to the back.....

Guest wrestlingbs

I remember seeing a TV segment on the news talking about ehrn Vader attacked a reporter. Anybody got info on this?

- Montreal

- HLA

- ECW-XPW HeatWave incident

- Hogan-Russo shoot

- Pillman's ECW shoot

- Vader attacks the talk show host dude

- Mass Transit incident

"Black Sunday in 1984 "

Enlighten me, please. To what are you referring?

Guest The Hollywood Fashion Plate
I remember seeing a TV segment on the news talking about ehrn Vader attacked a reporter. Anybody got info on this?

(courtesy of the Vader Shoot Interview, which was reviewed by TheSmartMarks.com's own Brandon Truitt:)

[in 1997, Vader] ended up getting detained in Kuwait because he had an incident on a Kuwaiti talk show.

The American director and English producer of the show had wanted a publicity stunt so they told him to destroy the set and grab the host’s tie when he was asked if wrestling was fake. It was a live show and they hadn’t told the host beforehand so the host walked out. The producer and director told the magistrates that the whole event was pre-planned, so he was allowed to wrestle that night but, the next day, the announcer filed charges against him and he had to hire an attorney. The problem was that the day the charges were filed was on the eve of an Islamic religious holiday so Vader was stuck there for two weeks before anything could get fixed. He’d have been out of there the next day if it had been any other week on the Islamic calendar. He was in a $600 a night resort during that time and NOT a jail cell, despite rumors to the contrary. He said he “actually got a tan” while relaxing those two weeks at the resort.

Guest The Hollywood Fashion Plate

This post just defected to NOAH.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

In short, Black Sunday was when the WWF took over the Sunday at 6p.m. time slot form Georgia Championship wrestling on TBS to a huge outcry from loyal NWA fans.

Guest Indy
The Gansobomb

What is the Gansobomb? Ive heard of it but I can't find the discribtions.

Also...these might not count but

-PTC sueing WWF/E

-A student of Shawn Micheal's school dies...mid match was it?

Guest Goose749

Here's something that kept me wondering for a while. When DDP stole the "Lord of the Ring" from Eddie Guerrero, was that an angle, or what? It's kind of awkward that the ring was never seen again - which is why I question the incident.