TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrestlingbs

Wrestling's Most Controversial Moments

Guest BorneAgain

The Austin-Pillman gun incident that nearly gets Raw thrown off the air. To this day its stands as the most controversial moment on Raw ever, surpassed possibly by poor Melanie Pillman getting interviewed ONE DAY after her husband dies by Vince, or by the Bret screwed Bret interview following Montreal.

Guest wrestlingbs

Just read the Bruiser Brody article. Sad and scary.

Here's one-Perry Saturn shoots on a jobber during a dark match before Raw and beats the crap out of the guy.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Lawler getting run over by Eddie Gilbert caused a local uproar.

Guest Nevermortal

Jerry Lawler gets accused of rape/sodomy, causing him to miss Survivor Series.

Mick Foley's ear is ripped off of his head.

Necrophilia.

Someone shits in Sable's gymbag.

Guest wrestlingbs

I think that was Scott Hall. And what match was it that Sid messed up his pants?

Guest JAxlMorrison

I think that was Scott Hall. And what match was it that Sid messed up his pants?

Scott Hall was in WCW at the time. I did hear a story of Scotty shitting on Sunny's plate backstage one time tho.

I am not sure who the guilty party was in the whole Sable deal, I don't know if it was ever reported. I predict it was Bradshaw or Hardcore Holly tho.

Guest Eric the Eagle

Apparently, Sid shat himself during a match with Undertaker (I think it was on a house show leading up to WM 13, but don't quote me on that). Undertaker supplied that bit of information during a shoot interview when asked what the most embarrasing thing he'd seen in a wrestling match was.

Guest sean pyro

- Sid's leg snapping in half.

- Steven Regal shooting on Goldberg.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Has Mae Young stripping down at Royal Rumble 2000 been mentioned?

Guest DeputyHawk

Andre yanking off Hogan's crucifix on Piper's Pit. It wasn't supposed to happen and it was pretty shocking at the time.

Guest sean pyro

- Nailz beating up Vince backstage.

- Val Venis getting his ding dong cut off by Taka Michinoku.

- Hawk from LOD 'killing himself'.

- When Shane Douglas threw down the NWA title on ECW and told the past stars of NWA to kiss his ass.

Guest BorneAgain
when pipper came to the ring "half black".

Not to be an smartass sean, but I don't recall pipper coming down half black, though I think Piper did

Guest Stunt Granny

-Yokozuna drops the BANZI!! 4 times on Hacksaw. (Being 8 years old at the time I thought poor Jimmy got killed.)

-The Kat shows her b00bies at Armageddon '99.

-EVERYTHING DX did in late '97.

Guest LatinoHeat
-Yokozuna drops the BANZI!! 4 times on Hacksaw. (Being 8 years old at the time I thought poor Jimmy got killed.)

I was a youngin too.

Wasn't Hacksaw the first person to knock Yoko off his feet?

Guest DawnBTVS

-ECW Fonzie's "monster blade job" when taking on Beulah McGillicutty

Guest Downhome

Rick Rude showing up on both RAW, AND Nitro, the same night (RAW was taped, Nitro live).

The mass AJPW/Misawa incident leading to NOAH (In my eyes, this is one of the most major moments in Pro. Wrestling history, over most of these listed so far).

Guest Boo_Bradley

Scott Hall was in WCW at the time. I did hear a story of Scotty shitting on Sunny's plate backstage one time tho.

I am not sure who the guilty party was in the whole Sable deal, I don't know if it was ever reported. I predict it was Bradshaw or Hardcore Holly tho.

I read it was Mable (Vis) in someone's shoot (or something)

Guest Boo_Bradley
Rick Rude showing up on both RAW, AND Nitro, the same night (RAW was taped, Nitro live).

The mass AJPW/Misawa incident leading to NOAH (In my eyes, this is one of the most major moments in Pro. Wrestling history, over most of these listed so far).

ignorant yankee here, what was the incident?

Guest Nevermortal

ignorant yankee here, what was the incident?

Misawa gets fed up with Mrs. Baba's control of All Japan and leads out all the native talent to form a new federation called NOAH (get it?).

The only few to stick around are Toshiaki Kawada and Masa Fuchi, possibly a few others. I'm not giving you the whole story here.

Here is a short version:

After Giant Baba died in January 1999, ownership was left to his wife, Motoko Baba. Most of the Japanese wrestlers didn't get along with Mrs. Baba. The president and booker of All Japan, Mitsuharu Misawa wanted to do many things that were against Baba's tradition, so Mrs. Baba didn't allow him many of the things he wanted. For the years that Giant Baba ran All Japan, everyone had a lot of loyalty to him did what they were told. They never questioned or spoke out. Baba-san was like a father to the wrestlers. Now with Baba gone, All Japan was coming apart at the seams. Finally, in June 2000, Misawa resigned as president of All Japan. Six more officials followed. Soon after, Misawa and 24 other natives from All Japan announced that they were starting a new promotion, which would become known as Pro Wrestling NOAH. Every gaijin (foreign wrestler) stayed with All Japan with the exception of Vader. All Japan lost all but two of its native wrestlers, leaving behind beyond-his-prime comedy wrestler, Masanobu Fuchi and All Japan's #2 wrestler through the last seven years, Toshiaki Kawada. Top referee, Kyohei Wada stayed loyal to All Japan, while former top referee and now gaijin booker, Joe Higuchi followed Misawa. All four All Japan titles (Triple Crown, World Tag Team Title, PWF Junior Heavyweight Title, All Asian Tag Team Title) had to be vacated because they were held or partially held by exiting wrestlers. On July 1, 2000, All Japan began what many thought would be their last tour: Summer Action Series I 2000. However, on July 2, Mrs. Baba re-introduced Genichiro Tenryu to All Japan [who, Baba swore would never work for All Japan again when he and other All Japan wrestlers left to form SWS (which quickly failed) in a similar situation]. The last show of the tour was before a sold-out crowd in the Nippon Budokan, main evented by Stan Hansen and Maunakea Mossman (Taiyo Kea) vs. Toshiaki Kawada and Genichiro Tenryu. On August 5 and 6, Pro Wrestling NOAH held it's two debut shows in the Differ Ariake, main evented by Akiyama/Kobashi vs. Taue/Misawa and Akiyama vs. Kobashi, respectively.

And here's a long article about the rivalry between Kawada and Misawa.

http://www.ichibanpuroresu.com/kawadamisawa.html

Edited by Nevermortal

Guest alkeiper

Noayo (sp?) Ogawa kicking Riki Choshu in the face.

"Spider Lady" Fabulous Moolah shoots on Wendi Richter and wins the WWF Women's Title.

The 9/13 live Smackdown. As if live wrestling was that crucial to the American way of life that it had to "help" people get back on their usual routines just two days after a major terrorist attack.

And within the same program, Stephanie McMahon comparing flying hijacked planes into fully occupied buildings to her father's steroid trial.

-Ben

Guest TheHulkster

Kevin Von Erich collapsing in the ring before a match.

The Droz incident

Black Sunday in 1984

Guest MideonMark

Couple of questions

-What happened on Black Sunday in 1984?

-Regal shooting on Goldberg, what exactly happened?