TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mrnoitaull

22 Grestest MCs

Guest Ripper

First, Bahamadea eats every other female MC ALIVE. She might not be the best known, but I think she is the best.

Canibus's lyrical content is much deeper than most rappers, which is why I feel him. I am a lyric person first and foremost, beats second. Now, he can't tell a story, but the way the guy can play with words is just amazing. He does have some shitaztic albums, but I can actually listen to them because of his lyrics and completely ignore the stupid premises and beats that he uses.

And Q-Tip..alright, somebody has to say it. Phife was the talent in a Tribe called Quest. If it weren't for Tips voice, he would have just been that other dude. Plus I don't think he can ever be forgiven for Vibrant Thing and Breathe and Stop (although I did enjoy the videos. :) ) When I go back and listen to the Quest stuff, Phife is spitting all of the hot lyrics and Tip will come in with the weaker lyrics and the different voice. Fuck that. If somebody from Tribe is going to be on the list, I take Phife.

Guest TheArchiteck

Personally I think Mystic is the top female MC.

Bahamadia is aight, but I just can't get into her flow....ya know?

Guest ant_7000

As for female MC's, I think Lauyrn Hill is the best that miseducation album was nice eventhough most of it was R&B. Best Female MC now I don't know but I keep hearing Jean Grae is good but I haven't heard anything from her.

Guest razazteca

I find it hard to believe that MTV put Nelly at #12, I guessed they needed to fit his videos in somehow.

Guest goodhelmet
IMO, in no particular order

1. Redman

2. Rakim

3. Guru

4. Nas

5. Jay-Z

6. Tupac

7. Biggie

8. Dre(outcast)

9. Eminem

10. Slick Rick

11. KRS-1

12. Run-DMC

13. Canibus (one of the best battle rappers ever)

14. Bizzy Bone

15. Busta Rhymes

16. Mos Def

17. Black Thought

18. Bahamadia

19. Kool G Rap

20. Big Daddy Kane

21. Scarface

22. Queen Latifah

And no, I didn't leave Snoop Dogg(and his 1 good album) or Dr. Dre (great producer but not a MC) or L.L. Cool J off (he is like Dr. Suess with abs his rhymes are so simple).

i guess i know who you sided with in that ll-canibus war.

Guest NoCalMike

so what were the top 22, in the particular order? I saw that Chuck D got #22, and I was disgusted that that is as high as he got, so I turned the show off at that point.

Guest Dangerous A

The order was voted upon by MTVers, most of whom don't know shit about hip hop outside of the last TRL show they just watched.

Nelly at #12 is a crime. He does not belong on this list.

Lil Kim at #8, also a crime. She also does not belong on this list.

Dr Dre at #7, bullshit. Dre is one of the greatest, if not the greatest producer of hip hoop ever, but he is not a great MC.

While I like Tupac and feel he is a top 10 type, I don't feel he should be number 1. Someone else in another thread about hip hop said that Tupac was frozen in time at the apex of his career and that is why he is remembered so highly. I just don't view him as THE number 1 MC of all time.

Personally, my top MC of all time is Rakim.

Guest razazteca

Chuck D

KRS-1

Eminem

Ludachris

Common Sense!

Busta Rhymes

Mos Def

Rakim

Outkast

Snoop Dogg

Would be my picks this week.

Flava Flav, Goblin? Come on, he's a hype-man. I mean, I love Flava as much as the next guy, but he should not be in a top MC list. Now, if it's a hype-man list then he's #1 with a bullet.

If I were making this list a few years ago, then I'd put Jay Z on my list. He's fallen off big time in the last couple of years. Damn HOVA.

Guest Ripper
Flava Flav, Goblin? Come on, he's a hype-man. I mean, I love Flava as much as the next guy, but he should not be in a top MC list. Now, if it's a hype-man list then he's #1 with a bullet.

If I were making this list a few years ago, then I'd put Jay Z on my list. He's fallen off big time in the last couple of years. Damn HOVA.

But Blueprint was a GREAT album. Any thing you want to say about that piece of shit(although it did have some hot tracks like "Meet the Parents" ) Blueprint vol.2, fine, but he had a very good album within the last 2 years.

I still debate the "Tupac frozen in time" argument. he has had about 6 albums AFTER he died. He has somewhere around 10-11 out there. That is a big ass library. he had plenty of time to fuck up and didn't. Iwouldn't call him the greatest, but top 10 easy.

Guest mw679
Where's MC Serch? He'd give these lists the gas face.

Quick, somebody find "The Pimp Minister" Pete Nice and DJ Richie Rich and get 3rd Bass back together!