TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest OnlyMe

"The Stupidest WWE World Title Changes Ever" is up

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

Best. Column. Ever.

Actually it doesn't come up for me either. But I wait with baited breath till I can see it.

Guest OnlyMe

Stupid thing. Okay, it should be working now, but it's horribly spaced out. I'll change it when I'm less annoyed.

Guest ISportsFan

I agreed with a lot of them.

I disagreed with the Twin Referees bit. I thought it was perfect, especially for the time period. It was truly a special match (no matter how bad the match was).

Jason

Guest OnlyMe
I disagreed with the Twin Referees bit. I thought it was perfect, especially for the time period. It was truly a special match (no matter how bad the match was).

Dude... it was an EVIL TWIN! Seriously, it doesn't get much sillier than that. Don't you watch daytime soaps? (Or have I admitted too much?)

Guest ISportsFan

Dude... it was an EVIL TWIN! Seriously, it doesn't get much sillier than that. Don't you watch daytime soaps? (Or have I admitted too much?)

No, I haven't watched daytime soaps. Except for when I was little and my babysitter made me watch it when I was in trouble. But I didn't watch it, I just sat there.

But I will contend that it was pure genius until I die. I enjoyed that angle. At least it didn't ruin anybody's credibility (except for Hebner's, but who cares about him), like every other title change on your list.

Jason

Guest OnlyMe

At least it didn't ruin anybody's credibility (except for Hebner's, but who cares about him), like every other title change on your list.

Fair point.

Guest CanadianChris

Yeah, the twin referees was a bad choice. It was a great continuation to a great angle (DiBiase trying to buy the WWF title), and the finish fit in perfectly.

Yoko's 9-minute reign is the worst by far that isn't on this list. Hogan winning the title back from Undertaker at This Tuesday in Texas was bad, too.

Guest TheGame2705
having him get pinned, like he's giving the Rock some sort of rub is ridiculous.

I liked the whole article except this I didn't like. I don't think anyone ever thought Vince was getting pinned to give the Rock the rub. I also think it was done as a way to make HHH look like more of a prick that he could say he should still be champ because he never got pinned. Oh yeah read my edited comments from the feedback on your other column.

Oh yeah and I just read what you said at the top. Very professional of you. I nitpicked because I thought the article was poorly done.

I'm stuck with Austin winning the title the night after a PPV TWICE and Vince becoming World Champion. Those were gay.

Oh and Bret losing to Yoko at WM 9 because of Mr. Fuji and not getting the title back after AN ENTIRE YEAR!!!

(FYI, I was at WM 9 :lol: )

Did you wear a toga?

No, but if I remember correctly, Hennan, Fink, JR, and even freaking Todd Pentingale (?) wore them. :ph34r:

Guest EternallyLazy

the evil twin ref storyline is generally considered one of if not THE greatest angle in the history of wrestling, not just for it's insanely high rating, but because of it's creativity and the ungodly heat that followed it... so yeah, gotta disagree with that making the list

Guest EternallyLazy

Oh and Steph didnt make wrestling a soap opera... it's been that way since the carny days

Off topic slightly...but EternallyLazy...your signature picture for the belt is out of date now.

I checked on www.figurestoycompany.com recently, and they released how the belt looks now...

It has curved plates now, and above the lettering...the WWE logo.

Just wanted you to know.

Guest EternallyLazy
Off topic slightly...but EternallyLazy...your signature picture for the belt is out of date now.

I checked on www.figurestoycompany.com recently, and they released how the belt looks now...

It has curved plates now, and above the lettering...the WWE logo.

Just wanted you to know.

sweet... thanks for letting me know. I looked around for a while trying to find a pic of the newly designed belt but never could find anything

EDIT: It's still not a very good picture, so I'll just keep the one I have in my sig until I can find a good close up

Guest Jobber of the Week

I know this is kinda OT and we had a big long thread about it last time, but I wanted to comment on your opening feedbag about the last column. I promise it will be quick, OK?

He is the one who came out first and called all internet reporters "geeks". Why should I give him any respect?

Do you define yourself by your computer usage? There are a good number of people in the IWC and I think you'd be foolish to try and defend them all. There are a LARGE number of idiots in any fandom, and the IWC is without exception.

It's not like you see "You, Mr. Johnson, are an unexperienced asshole who has no reason to be evaluating someone's wrestling performance." The IWC spans everyone from the usually well articulated people on this site to the "HHH IZ DUM STEPH IS A LEZ" peoples on two-bit newsites forums and various AOL message boards.

The two-bit posters and the AOLers far outnumber the people here. So in other words, lighten up and don't take it so personally.

Remember that any group is usually judged by it's majority, and if that majority is pretty embarassing, well....

Love the article though. Was always interested about #8, and #5 brings back memories.

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

Good read.

I disagree with the Twin Referees bit for the reasons listed above, but I definitely think the whole WM 9 debacle should be on there.

Where's Rock and Foley swapping the belt about 5 times in four weeks in January 99? I mean, yes, Foley's first title win is one of the greatest moments ever, but it didn't have to switch hands three times after that.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Umm....if I remember right Austin didn't refuse to job to HHH. If I remember right the reason was given that they didn't want Jesse Ventura to raise a heels hand in victory.

If the evil referee thing went down on Raw this week, we'd all shit on it. And DiBiase buying the belt should have been on there because it was a shitty way to take the belt from both Hogan and Andre. If they did the evil ref thing, they should have had the guts to make the Andre win stick.

I'm glad you put the bit about Austin HHHolding down HHH, because people are SO quick to forget about that when bitching about Triple H.

Vince-Triple H as a result was worthy f being on there, but it's still one of my guilty pleasures. The whole match just had a cool story through it, and the ending was the right one except for the World Title part.

Umm....if I remember right Austin didn't refuse to job to HHH. If I remember right the reason was given that they didn't want Jesse Ventura to raise a heels hand in victory.

Nope, that was probably the 'McMahon trying to soften the wound on HHH and the smarks' reason. Austin didn't want to job to Triple H, just like he didn't want to wrestle Jeff Jarrett. So if you want to know where Triple H's selfish streak really started...it's right here.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Actually I believe it started whenever he was held down for the MSG incident. He's placed that as the reason for his disgruntled attitude in storylines and I bet dollars to doughnuts that that's the reason he's disgruntled in real life.

I still remember Foley mentioning the face ref raising the heels hand in his book.

Guest JMA

So, if Triple H wasn't made the whipping boy for the Kliq he would be a much better person today?

Actually I believe it started whenever he was held down for the MSG incident. He's placed that as the reason for his disgruntled attitude in storylines and I bet dollars to doughnuts that that's the reason he's disgruntled in real life.

I still remember Foley mentioning the face ref raising the heels hand in his book.

Well, that too. But Austin still didn't want to put him over, I know that. The ref thing probably 'sweetened the deal' for Vince to let Austin have his way.

Guest OnlyMe

Jobber of the Week

The two-bit posters and the AOLers far outnumber the people here. So in other words, lighten up and don't take it so personally.

Remember that any group is usually judged by it's majority, and if that majority is pretty embarassing, well....

You are quite right. But I still think that it's bullshit that Bradshaw thinks he can stereotype and insult a portion of the fanbase. There ARE a lot of people that rag on him unneccessarily (search this forum for "hog tied" or "anal rape" and you'll see what I mean.)

But to have him insult EVERYONE is just silly.

The Mighty Damaramu

[...]

Nope. I read through that chapter of Foley is Good (which I have in front of me now - it's chapter 17) and couldn't find any reference to that. If you can, I am open to comments ;)

The only thing that Jesse wouldn't do is interfere, but that was obviously changed at the last minute.

Guest EternallyLazy
If the evil referee thing went down on Raw this week, we'd all shit on it.

Yes, most here would... because it's sort of an unwritten rules that smarks must bitch about anything and everything, even when the stuff they're given is actually good